Forums

Topic: Are We Being Too Harsh on the 2015 Digital Event?

Posts 21 to 40 of 127

nacho_chicken

If Nintendo would've saved the Ryu/Roy Smash 4 stuff and Mother 1 release for today, people would've been praising it as the best E3 ever. Nintendo still needs to learn when to announce things.

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

veeflames

kyuubikid213 wrote:

It was the worst because Nintendo didn't meet everyone's impossible expectations. The only way people would have been satisfied with it as I was would be if Nintendo released Zelda U tomorrow, put Mother 3 on the eShop with 3DS/Wii U cross-buy, got all of the third parties back (along with Halo 5 and Uncharted 4), and announced Metroid Prime 4 in a Wii U Slim bundle.

LOL.... XD

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

nacho_chicken

kyuubikid213 wrote:

It was the worst because Nintendo didn't meet everyone's impossible expectations. The only way people would have been satisfied with it as I was would be if Nintendo released Zelda U tomorrow, put Mother 3 on the eShop with 3DS/Wii U cross-buy, got all of the third parties back (along with Halo 5 and Uncharted 4), and announced Metroid Prime 4 in a Wii U Slim bundle.

At least they announced Miniwheats.

Twitter:

RevolverLink

I liked it just fine for the most part though I understand why people were let down by the lack of "major" announcements. While it didn't prevent Nintendo from having bigger reveals during the previous two years, I kinda feel like Nintendo's E3 2015 is just a natural byproduct of having Nintendo Directs every 2-3 months. We get reveals/updates spread throughout the year which, when paired along with games that remain in development long after they're first shown (like Yoshi's Woolly World and Xenoblade Chronicles X), means there are usually fewer new things to show off during "Gaming Christmas". It's a trade-off I'm more than fine with, but it can be understandably frustrating if you're expecting them to throw haymakers during that one day a year.

Personally, while Nintendo didn't really blow me away, the only truly bum notes of the presentation for me were Skylanders & the Animal Crossing amiibo game (because I just could not possibly care less) and Metroid Prime: Freedom Force/Blastball (because it made me sad).

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

Kaze_Memaryu

kyuubikid213 wrote:

You seem to have a slight problem with seeing the issues that actually dragged the live event down, instead talking them down with cheap exaggerations. You know why it sucked?

• They denied the Metroid fanbase a proper Metroid game, instead delivering a cruel slap in the face through a completely stupid and unnecessary spinoff involving generic federation soldiers (the same ones who died to everything in Echoes and Corruption) instead of the main character.
  • They diminished Animal Crossing to an amiibo-centric cash sink with a Mario Party clone.
  • They delivered a Zelda game in Four Swords style that only has three characters, compare the unique mechanics of ALBW with it and then pretend there's a connection between both games aside from the assets, all while ignoring how boring it looks.
  • They showed a Fire Emblem trailer we already got long ago, just with english voices this time.
  • They showed a crossover that is nothing like either half of the supposed inspiration, and now it has awkward idol performances and still not a tiny instance of gameplay.
  • They degraded Paper Mario to a gimmick for Mario & Luigi.
  • They gave a tennis game more screentime than Xenoblade and Fatal Frame (which wasn't even part of the Live Event).

Yes, there were some good points, but even without taking any possible expectations into account, the entire Live Event was mostly a collection of things we already knew, and games nobody asked for. It was awful, disappointing, and in regards to the wannabe Metroid games, a full-on mockery of the Metroid fanbase.

<insert title of hyped game here>

Check some instrumental Metal: CROW'SCLAW | IRON ATTACK! | warinside/BLANKFIELD |

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6640-0089 | Nintendo Network ID: KazeMemaryu

Jaz007

No, we aren't being too harsh. It was a disaster, and not announcing any new Wii U games is unacceptable.

Jaz007

AceDefective

Yes.
People really need to chill.
Look, I understand this year was blatant filler born out of an attempt to provide at least something this year other than the games we already knew about, but these reactions are incredibly disproportionate and super mellow dramatic.
I mean look at this: https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-petition-for-cancelation-of...
Pure entitlement and blind rage wrapped up into one horrid petition. Not to mention the social media and YouTube meltdowns... Good lord.

Just some random loser who loves a variety of things.
Youtube Channel | Deviant ART | YoYo Games account |

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6493-1326 | Nintendo Network ID: ZeroZX_Dev | Twitter:

Okapi

Jaz007 wrote:

No, we aren't being too harsh. It was a disaster, and not announcing any new Wii U games is unacceptable.

Mario Tennis though.

Okapi

moomoo

Here's the thing: E3 is the one time you have everyone's attention. There are surely people who watched that event that didn't own a Wii U. After it, I doubt any of those people thought, "well, looks like it's time to get a Wii U." Same for 3DS, honestly. It horribly failed as a way for Nintendo to market their products. I don't know how anybody could view it as anything but a failure.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Nintendo_Ninja

fed0ra7 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

Mario Tennis though.

Nothing makes an E3 like Mario Tennis :/

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

Okapi

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

fed0ra7 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

Mario Tennis though.

Nothing makes an E3 like Mario Tennis :/

I was just pointing that out there,

(Again, I'm sorry. For some weird reason, I'm super hyped for Mario Tennis U. Reminds me of playing with my dad back in the day...)

Okapi

-Green-

I was just on Nintendo's youtube account watching some of their older videos, and I was actually left baffled. I really can't believe people are going around to completely random Nintendo videos and disliking them, just because they are angry at the E3 Conference. Now that right there is complete illogical exaggeration. :/

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

nacho_chicken

WaveBoy wrote:

I've seen every single Nintendo E3 and this was the absolute worst by a long shot

It's pretty much impossible to be worse than Nintendo's 2008 E3 Presentation.

...unless you're Microsoft and the year is 2010.

Edited on by nacho_chicken

Twitter:

AJ_Lethal

People are petitioning to get MP:FF cancelled

This is absolute madness.

Blast

Are people overreacting? Yeah but we're Nintendo fans and we have to let Nintendo know that this Digital Event just can't happen again. It just didn't deliver. They had the chance to blow everyone away and they just couldn't. And its not like, they don't have the tools to do it. The could've EASILY had a great Digital Event! Jeez, I wouldn't even be that mad if they had actually showed Fatal Frame and Devil's 3rd in the Digital Event. The Wii U has a nice 2015 lineup... BRAG ABOUT IT, NINTENDO!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

kyuubikid213

Kaze_Memaryu wrote:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

You seem to have a slight problem with seeing the issues that actually dragged the live event down, instead talking them down with cheap exaggerations. You know why it sucked?

• They denied the Metroid fanbase a proper Metroid game, instead delivering a cruel slap in the face through a completely stupid and unnecessary spinoff involving generic federation soldiers (the same ones who died to everything in Echoes and Corruption) instead of the main character.
  • They diminished Animal Crossing to an amiibo-centric cash sink with a Mario Party clone.
  • They delivered a Zelda game in Four Swords style that only has three characters, compare the unique mechanics of ALBW with it and then pretend there's a connection between both games aside from the assets, all while ignoring how boring it looks.
  • They showed a Fire Emblem trailer we already got long ago, just with english voices this time.
  • They showed a crossover that is nothing like either half of the supposed inspiration, and now it has awkward idol performances and still not a tiny instance of gameplay.
  • They degraded Paper Mario to a gimmick for Mario & Luigi.
  • They gave a tennis game more screentime than Xenoblade and Fatal Frame (which wasn't even part of the Live Event).

Yes, there were some good points, but even without taking any possible expectations into account, the entire Live Event was mostly a collection of things we already knew, and games nobody asked for. It was awful, disappointing, and in regards to the wannabe Metroid games, a full-on mockery of the Metroid fanbase.

You're saying all of this like Nintendo intentionally stomped on your beloved franchises and that they will never again make another game in that franchise the way you'd come to love it. Damn. I hear all the time how Nintendo rehashes this and that and when they "finally" do something different, no one likes it! It's a lose-lose situation. If they did have Zelda U, there'd still be backlash because no Metroid. If they had Metroid, there'd be backlash because no Zelda U. If Zelda U and Metroid both made a "proper" appearance, you'd all still be mad because there wasn't an announcement for Wonderful 102! There's no pleasing those of you that are actually hurt and upset by this Digital Event.

Metroid and Zelda and Animal Crossing and all of those other games are still being worked on or already exist in a recent form. God forbid someone try something different for a change, right? GEEZ.

In response to each of your points...

They didn't deny anyone a "proper Metroid game." For all we know, there's one in the works. But hey, I'm sure this outrage will make Nintendo really happy to try something new in whatever Metroid they are working on.

They didn't diminish Animal Crossing to anything! It's something different and more than likely an excuse to release Animal Crossing themed Amiibos as no game would have a purpose for them now. Yeah, it's in board game form. I didn't see this much backlash when they announced the spinoff where all you do is decorate houses. BUT NO. ANIMAL CROSSING IS RUINED.

I'm glad to know how boring the Zelda game we've had no prior experience to looks. Gee. It's not like games we catch glimpses of at E3 change or anything over time, right? Captain Toad is still just as lackluster as it was when it was revealed just like Super Mario 3D World. OH NO, THEY CHANGED ZELDA A LITTLE FOR THIS ONE GAME ON 3DS! THE WII U VERSION IS RUINED! AAH NINTENDO!!

Oh no! Fire Emblem trailer! Yeah, whatever, it's translated now. Can't believe that's a downside! It's still coming out isn't it??

A cross-over that's "nothing like either half of the supposed inspiration"? Clearly, you need to see the GameXplain video on that. There are MORE than enough nods, references, and such that come from both Fire Emblem and Shin Megami Tensei. And the idol thing was in the Direct reveal if you were paying any attention. Of course, you were probably expecting the Shin Megami Tensei 4 characters to do something with the Fire Emblem Awakening cast, right? There's more than one way to do a cross-over.

A gimmick? Crossing over the Paper Mario series with the Mario & Luigi one? REALLY?? That looks interesting! Of course, that was also a completely new reveal... Erm...Uh... I mean... DON'T CHANGE MY MARIO & LUIGI OR PAPER MARIO GAMES! AAGH!!

And, wow, we already know a ton about Xenoblade Chronicles X. What were they supposed to do? Repeat everything we've heard from Directs and interviews just to fill space? Make the Digital Event unbearably long to talk about each game shown in extreme detail?? I'll give you that Fatal Frame should have had some screen time at least, but that doesn't change the fact that it's still coming!!!

The event was filled with games nobody asked for? Who asked for Wonderful 101? Who asked for Splatoon? Who asked for Captain Toad? These are all games "nobody asked for" that have quickly become fan-favorites here on Nintendo Life. Giving us games "nobody asked for" has apparently worked well enough for Nintendo that they decided to try it again. So much for that. Shame on them. It'll be tough for us to get a new IP if it's a game "nobody asked for."

I'm not upset with the Digital Event. I'm upset with how childish everyone is being about this. So the game YOU wanted to see at E3 didn't come around this time. BIG DEAL. There will be Directs and other announcements as life goes on. Just because it didn't show at E3 doesn't mean it will never happen.

Geez... I can't believe this...

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

-Green-

Blast wrote:

Are people overreacting? Yeah but we're Nintendo fans and we have to let Nintendo know that this Digital Event just can't happen again. It just didn't deliver. They had the chance to blow everyone away and they just couldn't. And its not like, they don't have the tools to do it. The could've EASILY had a great Digital Event! Jeez, I wouldn't even be that mad if they had actually showed Fatal Frame and Devil's 3rd in the Digital Event. The Wii U has a nice 2015 lineup... BRAG ABOUT IT, NINTENDO!!!

You can't deny that some people are being incredibly over reactive. Petitioning for the cancellation of a spin off, seems a bit over the top, not to mention the massive hate on the internet. Especially on Youtube, where masses of people are disliking random Nintendo videos, just because they are disappointed.

Although, I do honestly think Nintendo really should've done better (maybe that would've prevented this mess) and to be fair, not everyone is being so hateful about it.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Barely_able

nacho_chicken wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

I've seen every single Nintendo E3 and this was the absolute worst by a long shot

2003 was bad. Pacman VS was the big game! It was brutal.

Barely_able

nacho_chicken

Barely_Able wrote:

nacho_chicken wrote:

2003 was bad. Pacman VS was the big game! It was brutal.

Two words: Wii Music.

Twitter:

Okapi

ZeroZX-Dev wrote:

Yes.
People really need to chill.
Look, I understand this year was blatant filler born out of an attempt to provide at least something this year other than the games we already knew about, but these reactions are incredibly disproportionate and super mellow dramatic.
I mean look at this: https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-petition-for-cancelation-of...
Pure entitlement and blind rage wrapped up into one horrid petition. Not to mention the social media and YouTube meltdowns... Good lord.

Oh boy. We've hopped off "harsh" and jumped straight to "down-right pathetic" at this point...
I get it. Metroid is a big franchise, and people love it. A lot. But we've seen, like, a minute of this game. People need to stop with this ridiculousness,

Okapi

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.