Forums

Topic: The All-Encompassing E3 2014 Thread

Posts 221 to 240 of 2,161

Dark-Luigi

cookiex wrote:

Mario Strikers U would be the greatest thing since sliced bread. Anyone who says otherwise can go to hell.

This times a zillion.
I honest thought strikers was, and still is, the greatest mario sports game ever made!

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it mysel...

Switch Friend Code: SW-0430-1213-7546 | 3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

OmegaMetroid93

I agree. It was fun, the online mode was great, plenty of awesome powerups and each character felt distinct from the others.

OmegaMetroid93

MAB

All they really need is a Shaq Fu playable kiosk on the floor and then E3 will be pure awesomed

MAB

shingi_70

More E3 rumors via legit shook.

Microsoft

Halo 2 Anniversary. The worst kept secret in gaming is real. The MS conference begins with the legendary E3 demo remade. 343/Sabre/Certain Affinity collaborative. MP is there but it’s Halo 4 gameplay on Halo 2 maps. XB1 (60fps) and X360 (sub720p, 30fps). Trailer ends with release date 11/11/14.
Forza Horizon 2. Larger world, dynamic weather, emphasis on social integration. Basically Microsoft’s response to Driveclub. Fall 2014.
Sunset Overdrive stage demo. 4 player co-op. Lots of mobile integration. Community feedback will shape the game post-launch.
Quantum Break sizzle reel. Small delay, “Winter 2014/’15″
Call of Duty, Advanced Warfare. DLC exclusive to Xbox for 1 month. 4 player co-op. MP looks strikingly close to Crysis and Halo.
Fallout 4 teaser trailer. Set around same time as 3. Similar to the other Fallout trailers but instead of music it’s Three Dog asking for help over the air.
Mass Effect CG trailer. Full title is Mass Effect: Contact. Takes place during the First Contact War prior to the first game.
Gold paywall for apps is over, effective immediately.
Fable Legends brief CG trailer. Spring ’15.
XB1 Games with Gold unveiled. Starts in November. First game is Forza 5.
Conference ends with Halo 5 gameplay trailer. Looks totally unrecognizable from the series. Open world, lots more vehicles, getting close to more of a Battlefield feel. Release date listed as “Fall 2015″ but Halo 2 includes beta access “early next year”.

Sony

Beast Souls (From and Sony Japan). Spiritual successor to Demon’s Souls, PS4 exclusive. “The most challenging game ever made – you will die and you will love it.” No release date just yet.
The Last Guardian stage demo. Release date window of early ’15.
Media Molecule’s project reveal. “Entwined.” Platformer/adventure game set in arts-and-crafts styled world. First major 1st party Morpheus game.
Morpheus talked about a bit. Still in active development, nothing finalized yet. Lots of 1st and 3rd parties are learning the tech and developing for it.
The Order trailer.
Uncharted 4 stage demo. A LOT darker and mature than the previous games.
Driveclub reel.
TLOU PS4 trailer. Release date 6/20/14.
inFAMOUS DLC in the works. New powers, new setting. Later this year.
PS Now details. Not sure of the specifics but PS Plus members will get some free usage.
God of War IV teaser. Norse mythology. Protagonist not shown but you see a silhouette.
God of War Ascension PS4 coming this fall.
Batman: Arkham Knight trailer.
Indie sizzle reel.
Assassin’s Creed Unity trailer.
Phantom Pain stage demo. Spring 2015.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Blast

shingi_70 wrote:

More E3 rumors via legit shook.

Microsoft

Halo 2 Anniversary. The worst kept secret in gaming is real. The MS conference begins with the legendary E3 demo remade. 343/Sabre/Certain Affinity collaborative. MP is there but it’s Halo 4 gameplay on Halo 2 maps. XB1 (60fps) and X360 (sub720p, 30fps). Trailer ends with release date 11/11/14.
Forza Horizon 2. Larger world, dynamic weather, emphasis on social integration. Basically Microsoft’s response to Driveclub. Fall 2014.
Sunset Overdrive stage demo. 4 player co-op. Lots of mobile integration. Community feedback will shape the game post-launch.
Quantum Break sizzle reel. Small delay, “Winter 2014/’15″
Call of Duty, Advanced Warfare. DLC exclusive to Xbox for 1 month. 4 player co-op. MP looks strikingly close to Crysis and Halo.
Fallout 4 teaser trailer. Set around same time as 3. Similar to the other Fallout trailers but instead of music it’s Three Dog asking for help over the air.
Mass Effect CG trailer. Full title is Mass Effect: Contact. Takes place during the First Contact War prior to the first game.
Gold paywall for apps is over, effective immediately.
Fable Legends brief CG trailer. Spring ’15.
XB1 Games with Gold unveiled. Starts in November. First game is Forza 5.
Conference ends with Halo 5 gameplay trailer. Looks totally unrecognizable from the series. Open world, lots more vehicles, getting close to more of a Battlefield feel. Release date listed as “Fall 2015″ but Halo 2 includes beta access “early next year”.

Sony

Beast Souls (From and Sony Japan). Spiritual successor to Demon’s Souls, PS4 exclusive. “The most challenging game ever made – you will die and you will love it.” No release date just yet.
The Last Guardian stage demo. Release date window of early ’15.
Media Molecule’s project reveal. “Entwined.” Platformer/adventure game set in arts-and-crafts styled world. First major 1st party Morpheus game.
Morpheus talked about a bit. Still in active development, nothing finalized yet. Lots of 1st and 3rd parties are learning the tech and developing for it.
The Order trailer.
Uncharted 4 stage demo. A LOT darker and mature than the previous games.
Driveclub reel.
TLOU PS4 trailer. Release date 6/20/14.
inFAMOUS DLC in the works. New powers, new setting. Later this year.
PS Now details. Not sure of the specifics but PS Plus members will get some free usage.
God of War IV teaser. Norse mythology. Protagonist not shown but you see a silhouette.
God of War Ascension PS4 coming this fall.
Batman: Arkham Knight trailer.
Indie sizzle reel.
Assassin’s Creed Unity trailer.
Phantom Pain stage demo. Spring 2015.

Microsoft's sounds more realistic. That "leak" about Sony's E3 that's been running around sounds incredibly fanmade and fake... in my opinion.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

2Pac

DestinyMan wrote:

@kyuubikid213: A little late to the party there. I posted this a while back.

Iwata further teases GamePad-focused titles for E3, developed under Miyamoto's guidance
http://nintendoeverything.com/iwata-further-teases-nintendos-...

"Today I only spoke about Mario Kart and Super Smash Brothers For Wii U in terms of Wii U software. However, at the E3 event to be held in June in Los Angeles we will discuss other software as well. Also, at that time, we will introduce multiple games that are designed to introduce players to the value of the Wii U Game Pad by demonstrating playstyles only possible because of it. These titles have been developed by internal teams under the guidance of Mr. Miyamoto (Board Member, General Manager of the Development Division). The software titles that we will show at E3, which make use of the GamePad, will range from near complete titles to titles that are early in development, but will demonstrate the titles’ core appeals. We are preparing multiple software like this for the show."

I guess this means more than 2?

the switch is pretty cool.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6550-4870 | Nintendo Network ID: pacmanracing2003

shingi_70

@Blast

Why do you say that.

Beast Souls has already been leaked and before that it was rumored that the director of the first two souls games was working with Sony.

Last Guardian has been in development forever and is probably a PS4 game at this point.

Entwined was just trademarked and all we know about MM is they're next game will use thebmove and they were among the first to have the VR headsets. Plus we know from kick starter that Sony has been happy with giving morphoues devkits away..

The order is a given since its sonys big game.

Uncharted will be the same as Zelda or Halo.

Last of Us will probably get a trailer with summer release.

I doubt the infamous DLC will take a slot in the cinfrence but it will be at E3.

PS Now is likely

Hard to believe the GOW stuff.

Batman and AC are given with phantom pain being shakey.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Blast

shingi_70 wrote:

@Blast

Why do you say that.

Beast Souls has already been leaked and before that it was rumored that the director of the first two souls games was working with Sony.

Last Guardian has been in development forever and is probably a PS4 game at this point.

Entwined was just trademarked and all we know about MM is they're next game will use thebmove and they were among the first to have the VR headsets. Plus we know from kick starter that Sony has been happy with giving morphoues devkits away..

The order is a given since its sonys big game.

Uncharted will be the same as Zelda or Halo.

Last of Us will probably get a trailer with summer release.

I doubt the infamous DLC will take a slot in the cinfrence but it will be at E3.

PS Now is likely

Hard to believe the GOW stuff.

Batman and AC are given with phantom pain being shakey.

Its the GOW stuff and the Last Guardian stuff that pushes me to think its fake. I don't think anything GOW related is coming anytime soon and GOW Ascension coming to PS4? That has to a joke.
Now about the Last Guardian... Its just hard to believe that its gonna be at E3. Too hard to believe. It exists...somewhat.

Master of the Hype Train

Henmii

@shingi_70,

So the new Killer instinct did sell enough in Microsofts opinion. But its still pay to play, no matter how you slice it! And 70 percent is terribly low for a Rareware game (well it was made by a different company, but you get what I mean)!

For all the hype that the fans created over the years (fans wanted a sequel for years) it felt kinda flat. Of course it should have been made by Rareware themselfes (a strong Rareware). On a disc, no pay to play nonsense. The fans are still talking about Banjo Kazooie (I am a Banjo Kazooie fan, by the way) after all those years, but not many people will talk about this new Killer instinct 10 years from now. But then again the times have changed drastically. Now there are much more games to choose from.

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

shingi_70

@Blast

Well Last of Us is coming and it isn't a stretch to see more games ported looking at how much was ported at launch on the digital side.

@Henmii

Depends the reviews praise the games desgin and over all mechanics, but the game wasn't content rich into the update last month.

Personally I think were going to look back at the new Ki as a trend setter. It just makes so much sense to see more esports style games adopt the dota or lol model. It would help a lot more if the game was on OC though.

WAT!

UGXwolf

@KodyWB-98 Awesome, though it took me three or four rounds to read the whole thing. I really hope this is the E3 we've been "waiting for."*

*I've actually quite enjoyed the last two E3 Nintendo presentations, but I suppose most gamers are harder to please than I am.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Action51

I have to say: First I understand that these are leaked rumors, but Sony's reveals sound absolutely terrible. It's more trailers from games we heard about last year, HD remakes (now Sony fans love them?) and I guess some safe sequels/remakes and multiplats.

Just goes to show the power of media and advertising. I'm sure the PS4 is a perfectly fine system, but for the relentless trashing Nintendo and Microsoft get, and the amount of units the PS4 sold...it's got the least compelling line-up and library going forward.

Action51

Blast

KodyWB-98 wrote:

Hype Intensifies

Untitled

I luv this!!!!!!!!!!

Master of the Hype Train

Blast

Action51 wrote:

I have to say: First I understand that these are leaked rumors, but Sony's reveals sound absolutely terrible. It's more trailers from games we heard about last year, HD remakes (now Sony fans love them?) and I guess some safe sequels/remakes and multiplats.

Just goes to show the power of media and advertising. I'm sure the PS4 is a perfectly fine system, but for the relentless trashing Nintendo and Microsoft get, and the amount of units the PS4 sold...it's got the least compelling line-up and library going forward.

I...... hmmmm.... how can I put this..... I'm one of those guys thats getting a PS4 when Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy XV comes out.
I still don't think the Last Guardian is coming at all. Project Beast sounds interesting, though. Uncharted 4 is destined to be a pretty game but will it be a good game? We shall see.
I basically see the PS4 as a third party haven. Nothing more and nothing less.

Master of the Hype Train

Aviator

Beast Souls is going to happen.

I really hope it has a better name though.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

shingi_70

@blast

Really after the uncharted PS3 games and The last of us is it a question of uncharted 4 if the game will be good.

WAT!

WebHead

I'd say 2 of the NFC games that will be revealed will be pokken fighters u and miyamoto's new IP.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.