Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 4,741 to 4,760 of 11,784

Magikarp3

@RR529 a standout fantasy anime in recent times is Mushi-Shi, which is set in the Japanese countryside. It's not exactly a shonen series though, and some episodes can be really slow paced or downright creepy, but if you enjoy fantasy inspired by Japanese culture then I'm sure you'll enjoy it a lot.

And the original Dragon Ball was, at least at the beginning, a loose retelling of the ancient Chinese work Journey to the West. By the time one gets to the Red Ribbon Army though, there's next to no resemblance between the two. And then Dragon Ball Z drops the premise entirely.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

DarkNinja9

finished watching Ah My Goddess yesterday what a weird anime yet funny/cheesy at the same time but i liked it reminded me of those 90's type animes

other then that been watching hayate the combat butler which is another weird/ funny anime yet so random like wth e.O but sigh i think im at that time again were i need new anime xD

my 3DS friend code: 4468-2280-4674

i stopped playing mario kart now and moved on to luigis mansion :P

NNID(WiiU): GhostNinja1373

usually im just on miiverse(drawing) :P

CanisWolfred

DarkNinja9 wrote:

finished watching Ah My Goddess yesterday what a weird anime yet funny/cheesy at the same time but i liked it reminded me of those 90's type animes

I always found Ah My Goddess rather tame and fairly normal for an anime, which is why I liked it. And it reminds you of a '90s series because it's based on an old Manga.

@RR529

BTW, have you seen any of the Macross series? If so, I suggest seeing if you can find Macross: Do You Remember Love? - a Movie retelling of the original series. It makes a lot of changes to the story that I don't like, but the action and animation are very impressive.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Arianabtd

I just started watching Toradora! today, i've only just finished the second episode. It's pretty interesting, but it feels like it's moving too fast.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

RR529

CanisWolfred wrote:

@RR529

BTW, have you seen any of the Macross series? If so, I suggest seeing if you can find Macross: Do You Remember Love? - a Movie retelling of the original series. It makes a lot of changes to the story that I don't like, but the action and animation are very impressive.

I'll see if I can't find it when I get on YouTube tonight, thanks!

Avatar: Kagero (FE Fates: Birthright)

Currently Playing: Front Mission Evolved

Recently Beat: Metroid Prime: Blast Ball, Dokuro, Halo Anniversary, Monument Valley

Rocko52

Ya, now I've seen 3 episodes of Bleach...

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Diamond is Unbreakable
Reading: Starting Point 1979-1996

CanisWolfred

Okay, so Fairy Tail does indeed get a lot better around the point I was told, but I have to wonder how long it'll hold that level of quality. Sounds like it gets boring around 130 or so, which is a good amount of time, but still only half the show. I also hear the anime is better than the manga, which means even if I made it to the end, I'd have to switch to a lesser media.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Rocko52

@Yoshiaredragon
Another I've known about for a while. but haven't gotten to.

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Diamond is Unbreakable

Arianabtd

Oh my word, I stopped watching FMA Brotherhood A long time ago, and I thought I was at least at episode 20. I'm only at 15!
I need to start watching it again x3.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Konata -> Arianabtd

Rocko52

@Konata
It doesn't sound like you would based on your tastes, but have you ever watched Bleach?

Arianabtd

@Rocko52 I never really wanted too, I've kinda stayed away from the really popular anime like Bleach, Naruto and One Piece.
I just never had an interest in them.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Konata -> Arianabtd

Rocko52

@Konata
That's fine. I mean, I really don't think I'll ever watch Naruto. Bleach and One Piece have interested me, but I've never taken the time, until a few days ago when I started Bleach.

kkslider5552000

Konata wrote:

@Rocko52 I never really wanted too, I've kinda stayed away from the really popular anime like Bleach, Naruto and One Piece.
I just never had an interest in them.

this is likely for the best unless you hate having a life

seriously, just between Naruto, One Piece and of course Detective Conan, I've spent an embarassing amount of time.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Try a XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X LET'S PLAY now for the cost of nothing! : D
LeT's PlAy XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X (blind)

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

Arianabtd

CanisWolfred wrote:

One Piece alone took over my life for half a year, and I haven't even caught up with it yet.

That's what worries me. If I start now, will I ever stop?
x3.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Konata -> Arianabtd

Electricmastro

Untitled

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

V8_Ninja

I'm conflicted about the 18th episode of Magi. On one hand, it ruined what looked like an interesting season-long story arc and really screwed with characters/the tone of the series. On the other hand, this happened;

Untitled

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic