General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 4,741 to 4,760 of 10,614

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

4,741. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

^ Yeah! The first opening was really good. Much better than the second one. The third one is pretty nice though.

Yeah, but part of that is because it's got the same singer as the first opening theme, who has a great voice. Still a nice song, of course, but I greatly prefer the first one, which is so good I'm thinking of getting it for my iPod.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Mewtwo21

4,742. Posted:

Just finnished watching Toaru Majutsu no Index(A certain Magical Index) and i thought it was ok certainly there was some funny parts in the show and decent action but in looking forward to Toaru Kagaku no Railgun(A certain Scientific Railgun) cause i love the opening done by Fripside and heard it was better than its parent story.

Mewtwo21

3DS Friend Code: 0645-6093-0849 | Nintendo Network ID: Mewtwo21

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

4,743. Posted:

So far I've watched 2 episodes of Bleach, although I like it I feel like I'm pulling myself into a dense, web of episodes that won't let me go for a looong time...

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

4,744. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

^ Yeah! The first opening was really good. Much better than the second one. The third one is pretty nice though.

Yeah, but part of that is because it's got the same singer as the first opening theme, who has a great voice. Still a nice song, of course, but I greatly prefer the first one, which is so good I'm thinking of getting it for my iPod.

I highly recommended you do. I did. It's a wonderful song.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

4,745. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I highly recommended you do. I did. It's a wonderful song.

Done and done.

Also, I listened to a few songs ahead. I'm really warming up to the 6th opening...so the first opening is great, the third opening is nice, and the 6th opening is really good - Just like how the openings in One Piece went. That can't be a coincidence...

I swear, if the 4th ending theme is better than all those songs I'm gonna scream.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

4,746. Posted:

Well, Fairy Tail had some impressive twists in the episode I just watch. The creative twists are the best part about this show, I'll say that.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RR529

4,747. Posted:

I've done a lot of thinking, & I think I've finally pinpointed why I prefer 80's & 90's anime to modern anime.

It's not that I enjoy all 80's & 90's anime more, it's that I enjoy the themes & styles in fantasy shonen titles of the time, more than modern fantasy shonen titles.

With the exception of Dragon Ball (Z), all the big fantasy series of the time (or at least all that I was into) were rooted in traditional japanese mythology, themes, style, ect (Rurouni Kenshin, Yu Yu Hakusho, InuYasha, and even Tenchi Muyo!), while in contrast, most modern fantasy series that I've ran into, are more western in terms of worlds, with the exceptions of Naruto & Bleach (although their interpretations of Japanese lore/themes are much more loose & stylized). Also, although the older series' all have their goofy/humorous moments, they never got too outlandishly goofy in terms of character design, costume design, or abilities (in contrast to some of the Bankai abilities in Bleach, and the overall very stylized appearances you'll find in One Piece, Soul Eater, Fairy Tail, and Naruto to a lesser extent). Furthermore, all the 80's & 90's series' I mentioned beforehand, had some connection/interaction with the real world (despite going to fantastical places, Tenchi, Kagome, & Yusuke all started out as people leading normal lives, and oftentimes would still interact with the normal world, & hind their secret from it). In contrast, that dynamic is lost in newer fantasy series, which almost all exclusively take place in their fantasy realms (with the exception of Bleach).

That's not to say I completely dislike modern fantasy series, though. I loved Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (and the original series), but to it's credit, although it takes place in it's own world, I've found it to be much less outlandish in terms of style than it's brethren. Also, despite my grievances with these modern series, I've found myself highly enjoying Soul Eater (which is probably due to how well it's made), and Bleach (which is closest to the last gen of series, in terms of how it feels, IMO).

Also, it's only fantasy series which have changed to my general distate. I've generally enjoyed modern sci-fi series, such as Deadman Wonderland, Gundam 00, Eureka 7, & Ghost in the Shell (both series), just as much as older sci-fi series, such as Neon Genesis Evangelion, Outlaw Star, Appleseed (movie), G Gundam, & Gundam Wing.

Currently Playing:

Quiz RPG: Legend of Mystic Wiz (AND)
Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage

Magikarp3

4,748. Posted:

@RR529 a standout fantasy anime in recent times is Mushi-Shi, which is set in the Japanese countryside. It's not exactly a shonen series though, and some episodes can be really slow paced or downright creepy, but if you enjoy fantasy inspired by Japanese culture then I'm sure you'll enjoy it a lot.

And the original Dragon Ball was, at least at the beginning, a loose retelling of the ancient Chinese work Journey to the West. By the time one gets to the Red Ribbon Army though, there's next to no resemblance between the two. And then Dragon Ball Z drops the premise entirely.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

4,749. Posted:

I don't generally prefer old or new anime, but yeah, at least in style, the newer shows can be quite different from older ones.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

DarkNinja9

4,750. Posted:

finished watching Ah My Goddess yesterday what a weird anime yet funny/cheesy at the same time but i liked it :P reminded me of those 90's type animes

other then that been watching hayate the combat butler which is another weird/ funny anime yet so random like wth e.O but sigh i think im at that time again were i need new anime xD

my 3DS friend code: 4468-2280-4674

i stopped playing mario kart now and moved on to luigis mansion :P

NNID(WiiU): GhostNinja1373

usually im just on miiverse(drawing) :P

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

4,751. Posted:

DarkNinja9 wrote:

finished watching Ah My Goddess yesterday what a weird anime yet funny/cheesy at the same time but i liked it :P reminded me of those 90's type animes

I always found Ah My Goddess rather tame and fairly normal for an anime, which is why I liked it. And it reminds you of a '90s series because it's based on an old Manga. :P

@RR529

BTW, have you seen any of the Macross series? If so, I suggest seeing if you can find Macross: Do You Remember Love? - a Movie retelling of the original series. It makes a lot of changes to the story that I don't like, but the action and animation are very impressive.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Arianabtd

4,752. Posted:

I just started watching Toradora! today, i've only just finished the second episode. It's pretty interesting, but it feels like it's moving too fast.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: Arianabtd

AuthorMessage

RR529

4,753. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

@RR529

BTW, have you seen any of the Macross series? If so, I suggest seeing if you can find Macross: Do You Remember Love? - a Movie retelling of the original series. It makes a lot of changes to the story that I don't like, but the action and animation are very impressive.

I'll see if I can't find it when I get on YouTube tonight, thanks!

Currently Playing:

Quiz RPG: Legend of Mystic Wiz (AND)
Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

4,754. Posted:

Ya, now I've seen 3 episodes of Bleach...

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

4,755. Posted:

Okay, so Fairy Tail does indeed get a lot better around the point I was told, but I have to wonder how long it'll hold that level of quality. Sounds like it gets boring around 130 or so, which is a good amount of time, but still only half the show. I also hear the anime is better than the manga, which means even if I made it to the end, I'd have to switch to a lesser media.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Yosh

4,756. Posted:

Cowboy bebop is amazing, try that

Yosh

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3380-1583 | Nintendo Network ID: yoshisaredragons | Twitter: YoshTweetsThngs

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

4,757. Posted:

@Yoshiaredragon
Another I've known about for a while. but haven't gotten to.

AuthorMessage

Arianabtd

4,758. Posted:

Oh my word, I stopped watching FMA Brotherhood A long time ago, and I thought I was at least at episode 20. I'm only at 15!
I need to start watching it again x3.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Konata -> Arianabtd

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

4,759. Posted:

@Konata
It doesn't sound like you would based on your tastes, but have you ever watched Bleach?

AuthorMessage

Arianabtd

4,760. Posted:

@Rocko52 I never really wanted too, I've kinda stayed away from the really popular anime like Bleach, Naruto and One Piece.
I just never had an interest in them.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Konata -> Arianabtd