General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 4,721 to 4,740 of 10,490

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

4,721. Posted:

@Konata
How does one make a GIF file?

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage

RR529

4,722. Posted:

@Rocko, I don't know which country you're in, or how late you stay up, but Toonami has recently started airing Soul Eater, if you're interested.

They're only 4 episodes in, I believe.

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

4,723. Posted:

@RR529
Everything I watch is Netflix or intetnet cause I have no cable. I'm in the US BTW...

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

AuthorMessage

RR529

4,724. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

@RR529
Everything I watch is Netflix or intetnet cause I have no cable. I'm in the US BTW...

Ah, ok. You might be able to find the episodes they've already aired on Adult Swim's website (I know they do that with some of their anime).

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

4,725. Posted:

@RR529
I believe that all of Soul Eater is on Netflix as well as D. Gray Man, part of why I asked about them.

AuthorMessage

RR529

4,726. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

@RR529
I believe that all of Soul Eater is on Netflix as well as D. Gray Man, part of why I asked about them.

Okay then. I've only started on Soul Eater, but from what I've seen I'd recommend it.

The animation is superb, the action is exciting & well executed, it's reasonably funny, and the characters are likeable for the most part.

The only thing I don't really care for is the fact that it's heavily stylized (the Sun & Moon have large, expressive, somewhat creepy faces, for example), but that's more my personal preferences, and shouldn't be taken as a knock against the series' quality. The rest of the show has been done so well, that I can overlook it for the most part, anyways.

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Nintengirl

4,727. Posted:

I'm on Season 4 of Soul Eater and I have to say it is very, very good. I would definitely suggest watching it. (Though I've heard the ending isn't that good because it's different from the manga but I'm not sure). Also, the moon and sun are actually in the atmosphere. (Just a random fact, it has nothing to do with the plot)

3DS Friend Code: 0989-1789-0282 Just tell me if you wanna swap codes. (Especially if you plan on getting AC: NL!)
NNID: Lady_Ghirahim You need to add me through your friend list, though.
Check out my Tumblr: http://the-unsolvable-riddle.tumblr.com/

AuthorMessage

Shy_Kai

4,728. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

@Everyone
Are Soul Eater and D. Gray Man worth watching?

I've watched some of Soul Eater and for the most part I liked what I saw (I ended up reading a lot of it). I've also read D. Gray Man up to its most current chapter and I've got to say I love it so far! I haven't tried watching the anime but I'm sure it'll be good. The plot's interesting, the main character is likeable and it's funny (not as funny as Sket Dance though).

Also @Rocko52 why don't you read manga instead of watching the animes if you're finding it difficult to make time to watch them. I had the same problem and found it less time consuming to read the anime's manga instead.

Shy_Kai

3DS Friend Code: 3024-4966-4489

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

4,729. Posted:

@Shy_Kai
Honestly, I find it easier to squeeze in TV shows. I mean, I love manga and american comics, but I somewhat prefer animation on both fronts.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

4,730. Posted:

I guess it depends on how fast you read whether or not reading would actually be faster...

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

4,731. Posted:

^ Ya for me, I dunno. I mean, manga reading is faster individually, but I just don't think I could do that for the whole series.

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

4,732. Posted:

Yay. Finally started reading vol. 17 of Bakuman right now! Love this series. Sucks now that we're only 3 volumes away from the end they start coming out at the regular manga pace.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

RR529

4,733. Posted:

They showcased GUNNM last night on Imagine-Nation, and I think that it's the most awesome looking manga I've seen them showcase.

It's a cyberpunk martial arts story, inspired by the styles & designs of 80's manga! It starts out with a scientist repairing a worn out female cyborg, and then she recovers, she battles off the crime in the city with an old Martian martial art she's skilled in, with aspects of her hidden past being revealed along the way.

The current arc finds her & her allies competing in a martial arts tournament, with the promise that their home will be freed from it's imperialist rule should they win.

It's supposedly catching on with fans of Ghost in the Shell & Akira.

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

4,734. Posted:

Definitely sounds cool.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

4,735. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Good God I love Naruto's forst ending theme. Seriously, the music in the series seems to be its biggest strength right now.

I love Wind too. I also love the second ending theme Harmonia.

Edited on by FonistofCruxis

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

4,736. Posted:

FonistofCruxis wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Good God I love Naruto's forst ending theme. Seriously, the music in the series seems to be its biggest strength right now.

I love Wind too. I also love second ending theme Harmonia.

Yup, that one's good too. Probably better in context, though. Now I want to watch more.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RR529

4,737. Posted:

Just finished the new chapter of Bleach! Pretty awesome chapter.

SPOILERS

Ichigo's dad (in the past, this is a flashback) started fighting the black humanoid hollow (which looks suspiciously like Ichigo's full hollowfied form), but was stabbed in the back by Aizen who made a surprise appearance. Masaki (Ichigo's mother) felt the strong disturbance, so headed out in the direction of the fight.

SPOILERS END

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

4,738. Posted:

I'm really sad the first Fairy Tail opening didn't last very long, it was sooo good. :( I would seriously watch more of that show if I had that opening to draw me in still.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

4,739. Posted:

^ Yeah! The first opening was really good. Much better than the second one. The third one is pretty nice though.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

RR529

4,740. Posted:

Just checked out Mobile Manga to see if they had GUNNM, but they only have the sequel...

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)