General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 4,641 to 4,660 of 10,308

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

4,641. Posted:

@undead_terror
Well ya, that's cause you have been around the block with anime a bit more than me. I guess I'll just try to forget what I learned...

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage

Konata

4,642. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

ok Konata that's seriously not cool, no I don't care that you did bold text

I'm sorry. I honestly forgot that this was a spoiler free thread.
(Yes, I didn't noticed the giant NO SPOILERS. Thing at the top.)
I'll make sure not to do it again.

I'm sorrryy I keep disappearing >_<.
Visit my K-Pop lair!
My favorite k-pop songs Come Listen!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

4,643. Posted:

@Konata
It's okay....I'l just.....try to forget.....

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

4,644. Posted:

@Konata
U want the Death Note ep or what?

AuthorMessage

Konata

4,645. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

@Konata
U want the Death Note ep or what?

Nah, I'm still not interested.

Visit my K-Pop lair!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

4,646. Posted:

@Konata
Even if ur not too interested u could sample the 1st ep, to make up for the spoiler....(hehe)

AuthorMessage

Konata

4,647. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

@Konata
Even if ur not too interested u could sample the 1st ep, to make up for the spoiler....(hehe)

Harr, Harr. Very funny.

Visit my K-Pop lair!

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

4,648. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

@Konata

The first few eps if I remember is pretty much a introduction for the main charaters, then after a few eps then that's when the adventure starts, I like this anime and kept me interested.

edit: oh...very well then...time well spent.

Edited on by Undead_terror

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Public Chat I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)
Currently owns Mario & Luigi Dream Team 3DS XL...no Wii U yet.

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

4,649. Posted:

^ I know

AuthorMessage

Raylax

4,650. Posted:

I just finished watching Brotherhood for the second time, so I'll vouch for its overwhelming excellence. Bigger and better than the first series, and every character gets their moment to really steal the limelight. And there's a lot of characters - many more than the first series and with much more interesting personalities. Greed in particular, every time he shows up it's suddenly Greed's goddamned show. And that is spectacular. Mustang arguably gets the most amazing battle scenes though, as he should. Being the dude who can flick bombs out of thin air at will. I won't spoil, but jeez does he get pissed.

It's probably common knowledge by now, but after the first 10-or-so episodes, it's an entirely different plot than the first series. Entirely different. All those rules and origins and motives that made up the plot of the second half of the original here don't apply in Brotherhood at all. Its ultimately a little less tragic and a lot more shonen-y that the original, but it still delivers plenty of emotional punches. A very, very good series.

ACNF: Visit Somni! DC: 7000 3442 7110
theblackdragon: ahaha perfect response to that thread, raylax
theblackdragon: eff your other responses, though
theblackdragon: all of them
theblackdragon: in the entire history of ever >:[
theblackdragon: they've all sucked

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

4,651. Posted:

@Raylax
I might check it out, but I have a friend who says Brotherhood is lesser than FMA. I am loving the original though.

AuthorMessage

EdJericho

4,652. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

I thought I was safe, I thought this was a spoiler free forum.

It is, but FMA Brotherhood ended years ago and has even been out entirely in dub so it can't really be considered a spoiler anymore. Only currently airing anime/manga would be attributed to that no spoilers rule because then we wouldn't be able to talk about anything without taking it into consideration that it's a spoiler like let's say DBZ which has been out for over 20 years and not being able to talk about events like Frieza killing Vegeta. Even if you were spoiled it doesn't take away from the series being enjoyable anyway. A good example was when the Death Note anime aired back in 2006, the manga already ended and it was hard not to be spoiled about L dying in the internet and even tho I was spoiled I still found it enjoyable seeing how Light and L kept going back and forth between episodes.

PS3 / 360 / Wii U - EdJericho

3DS Friend Code: 4468-1047-3876 | Nintendo Network ID: EdJericho

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

4,653. Posted:

@EdJericho
I disagree. Even if it's not continuing, if someone hasn't seen, or is watching something it is a spoiler to them.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

4,654. Posted:

His point is that it's your fault for being young and not watching it when it was new. Which is a terrible point to make, btw. For shame.
Okay, that's probably not his point, but I'm tired of people saying "spoilers shouldn't effect you", or "well everybody should know that by now." Seriously, a spoiler's a spoiler. Unless it really is common knowledge, it should be treated with respect. Other people like the surprise, so don't ruin it for them, please.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RR529

4,655. Posted:

Also, FMA: Brotherhood is the official FMA story, since it follows the manga.

The original's still a good show though, and an interesting alternate possibility/"what if" to watch.

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

4,656. Posted:

@CanisWolfred
Thanks, I really do feel rather noobish though, oh well. :P

AuthorMessage

Mewtwo21

4,657. Posted:

pretty sure theres other anime out there that isn't FMA. feels left out cause hasn't watched it yet
anyone hear about "Attack on Titan" saw the trailer and it looks like its going to be good. hopefully not like SAO

Mewtwo21

3DS Friend Code: 0645-6093-0849 | Nintendo Network ID: Mewtwo21

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

4,658. Posted:

Attack on Titan looks epic and disgusting at the same time. Not sure if I want to watch it.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Konata

4,659. Posted:

Oh my word!
Acchi Kocchi is like, the cutest anime I have EVER SEEN. Its too cute to stand >_<.

Visit my K-Pop lair!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

4,660. Posted:

Konata wrote:

Oh my word!
Acchi Kocchi is like, the cutest anime I have EVER SEEN. Its too cute to stand >_<.

Too cute for you? Oh G-d, I'd probably die from cuteness if I watched that. Thanks for the warning.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~