Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 11,821 to 11,840 of 13,106

Jhena

@crimsontadpoles Yeah i also love both of the gits movies. You should try watching sky crawlers. Very atmospheric and slowpaced movie with incredible action scenes. Its by the same director as gits. I think of all oshi movies i love this one the most. I just love his scenes were no ones talking and i can just enjoy the moment and the music. Like the cathedral scene in gits 2. I get goosebumbs everytime. Yuichi is definetely one of the cutest mcs i know. Also hes one of the few anime bland types that actually feel like a person and arent bland. Im so sad oshi doesnt make big animes no more. But if i made sky crawlers i think i would also stop because its hard to top this. You could also be extremely bored by the movie.^^

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

Joeynator3000

@crimsontadpoles By the way, Azumanga Daioh is a bit similar to School Rumble (although only one season, and a 3 minute movie....I'm not joking, lol). So if you're liking School Rumble then you'll like Azumanga Daioh. owo

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

kkslider5552000

Tsurii wrote:

Kill la Kill sucked horribly in retrospect. It's all mindless, dumb action without any sort of depth to it. Yes, it's fun to watch, but once you start actually thinking about it it only gets worse the deeper you dig. They did the nonstop action thing on purpose, and that's to keep the viewer from getting some breathing room and look past the spectacle.

This opinion is so wrong it physically hurts me.

You're allowed to say "I don't like this series". You don't have to make up reasons to do so. Like, I'm not a big fan of Samurai Champloo but I'm not here being like "OH THAT DUMB SHOW HAS NOTHING TO SAY, THOSE FAKERS". Like who does that?! What?! This isn't some pretentious Evangelion knockoff pretending to be deep, it is self-awarely absurd and dumb action. What are you even talking about?

(and that's even ignoring how well it portrays its main themes to the point of embarrassing many so-called "smarter" series, but just on the premise that Kill la Kill is "just dumb" I fundamentally don't get this complaint)

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Jhena

Watched the eighth episode of kiznaiver and my first impression is still spot on. To me its just another teeny anime drama. Most of the time it just feels like watching aliens on the wrong kind of emotional enhancers trying to be overly human and making contact for the first time with a person that is not themselves. I dont feel the trigger uniquness and liveliness. Its not bad its just so slighlty above average it hurts even more. Anime needs more kill la kill to entertain me.

Jhena

RR529

Anyhow, I watched Ghost in the Shell last night & it was fantastic (first time I've watched it in about 10 years). The animation was top tier, with some truly impressive action scenes, while the story was easy enough to follow the main gist, at the same time being deep enough that it's going to warrant multiple views go get the most out of it. It was one of those special films that's so good it feels like it just flies by. My only complaint? No Tachikomas, lol (I'm mostly familiar with the franchise through the two TV series).

Also, last night on YouTube I saw that someone posted the entirety of the dub of Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods, and they switched out it's soundtrack with Falconer's tracks from the Funimation version of the TV anime, which was actually pretty cool. The video is up as Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods CZ Edition (I assume CZ = Classic Z).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Jhena

Wow episode 9 of kiznaiver felt so embarassing on the drama side. The part were they all lay on the ground in agony repeating the line it hurts over again must be the part they have finally connected to my feelings of watching this anime until this episode^^ I actually enjoyed this episode and it made me laugh a bit. But im sure it wasnt intentional.

Jhena

Jhena

Kiznaiver: Enter the world of kiznaiver where people need implants to feel basic human emotions like empathy. An implant that seems to make everyone a drama queen and sucker for pain or at least enhancing already present tendencies.
Seriously watching this anime was like watching an emo cutting himself and explaining that he feels alive when he does that. The anime almost convinced me that getting to know people will sooner than later make you mental. Actually i think this part is true xD Solitude is underrated. And the anime accomplished it that i was bonding with it. I felt pain watching it. And the best part is it feels good to complain and laugh about it^^ So yeah pain can also be a good thing. Luckily it was far from a horribe watch that was harmony for me. A kinda similar movie. Still someone should give the writers a hug. Like seriously.

Well it should be obvious i didnt enjoy it to an extent id call this a good watch. I dont feel richer in any way. It wasnt really fun or thought provoking to me. In fact this was what id call a downer. The positive times had almost no impact to me. No trigger charme. It almost felt like trigger was outsourcing and just put their trademark in it and those mascots. And the worst part is i was indifferent to the cast which kills the anime from the beginning. The best part is the opening. All in all a pretty mediocre watch.

But maybe im wrong and this was a satire about the teeny drama genre.^^

Jhena

Jhena

Started to watch one piece again after reading the manga for a while. Currently at episode 747. Watching the anime feels better. The jap dub is just really lively and the series is so colorful. Its repeating itself a bit to much but i still like it because its energizing and has the right amount of humour and action. One of the best sunny shows i know.

Jhena

Jhena

Started to watch one piece again. Im at episode 747. Read the manga for awhile but the anime is just so much livelier. Really love the jap dub. And its a great sunny show.

Jhena

kkslider5552000

Alice and Zoroku feels more like Dimension W than I would've expected. In the sense that Dimension W is not a series worth remembering to the point of comparing a thing to it.

This is better so far.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Jhena

Just watched the eighth episode of re zero and so on and it took me more than a minute to realize that i watched this episode yesterday.^^ Yeah so far its not that great. Mediocre so far but watchable.

Jhena

Jhena

@Ashtray_breeze Yeah the part about unconventionality is also true for me. Too much replaceability and overuse of tropes makes watching animes feel like a drag. It doesnt make things better if subaru is joking about those tropes. Actually it makes things worse because hes still tropey and predictable. Most animes just lack character and this is one of them. I think otaku bait is a good word for this show as a whole.

I have already watched 10 episodes and its still nothing special. Im just disappointed because i often read that its one of the better spring 2016 shows.

Jhena

RR529

As it stands, the only spring shows I'm watching now are Atom the Beginning, and the new seasons of My Hero Academia & Kyokai no Rinne (as well as Little Witch Academia, which is continuing on from the winter season. It's finally starting to pick up at least).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Jhena

Just finished Re Zero and around episode 15 i think i came to like it more. But i still think its a mediocre watch. Not a big fan of damsels in distress and (useless) servant boy heroes^^

Jhena

Jhena

Watched episode 754 of one piece today. It was a beautiful and cute episode and im looking forward to the rest of the arc because its starting good so far. Man odas designs are godtier. You wont be forgotten ryunosuke^^

Also finished Sousei no Onmyouji just some minutes ago. At the beginning i thought it was mediocre at best and maybe it is. But i came to really like it. Its doing nothing special but it has heart and it often touched mine. Great ending episodes seriously. Thanks for the watch^^

Jhena

crimsontadpoles

One problem I'm encountering from watching older anime years after they were released is that the holiday episodes feel out of place.

I've been watching Cardcaptor Sakura and School Rumble, and I've reached the Christmas episodes for both of them. Watching Christmas things in May doesn't feel right.

My Anime List
I want you to make contracts with me and become magical girls!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

Jhena

Finished ace attorney and i think it was ok. Dragged a bit but nothing serious. Still i wanted to try one of the games a little bit.

Jhena

Jhena

Finished 12-Sai: Chiccha na Mune no Tokimeki season 1. It was average at best. Sadly i dont enjoy watching children falling in love. A blandly innocent show. And people butting in on the dates got a little bit overboarding.

Jhena

Jhena

Took me a while but today i finished the first season of Aikatsu Stars. Really nice idol/academy anime. Motivating and very heartily. Didnt expect to like it.

Jhena

Jhena

Netoge no Yome wa Onna no Ko Janai to Omotta? It was nice enough. Im sure something like that really happens sometimes (maybe often?) because of the internet. At least friendshipwise. Sadly i didnt really like the heroine.

Anne Happy: This one was really cool. Cute heroine but the purple girl with her big love (id really like to know if those signs exist) was my favourite. Kinda made me value my luck in life. Luck is skill and also depends on perspective.

The Asterisk War: One of those meh academys in my opinion. Still watchable with nice fight scenes.

Jhena

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic