Forums

Topic: All-Encompassing E3 2017 Thread

Posts 141 to 160 of 490

MarcelRguez

@MegaButterfree Since ARMS comes out during E3, I'd be surprised if it appears as anything more than a reminder. Not too sure about Retro either, although I'd love to see what they're working on.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

IceClimbers

@MegaButterfree Xenoblade 2 is supposed to come out this year. There's no way it doesn't make an appearance.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Altaria_97

Here's my rundown:

Expectations: Super Mario Odyssey, Fire Emblem Warriors, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Skyrim, a couple third-party surprises (maybe Rocket League or World War II), virtual console, and probably a little bit of Splatoon 2 and ARMS to hype the tournaments up.

Somewhat Realistic Wants: Animal Crossing, Metroid, Pikmin 4, Pokemon Stars, GameCube virtual console, Monster Hunter XX localization, some unexpected third-party games like Rise of the Tomb Raider. I also wouldn't mind another Wii U "deluxe" port like Captain Toad, Tokyo Mirrage Sessions, ect.

Unrealistic Desires: Paper Mario n64/The Thousand Year Door HD (or a new entry like those), new Mario Party like the N64 and GameCube entries, F-Zero.

Edited on by Altaria_97

Altaria_97

Pho

@wiggleronacid I would love either of your ideas for Paper Mario. I feel that the HD path is more likely, seeing as we just got Colour Splash (which I loved).

Poyo! <3

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8691-6279 | Nintendo Network ID: xPH03N1Xx86

Qwertyninty

Got a feeling I will be disappointed. We will see. I would love to see pikmin4, a smash game for switch of some sort, and a military FPS. Give me that and I'm good.

Qwertyninty

Grumblevolcano

Given the Pokemon Direct and Nintendo saying the spotlight event is 30 minutes long, I'm thinking everything except a few games are already known. My predictions:

• ARMS
  • Splatoon 2
  • Mario Rabbids RPG
  • Pokken Tournament DX
  • Fire Emblem Warriors
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • Xenoblade 2
  • Fire Emblem 2018
  • Pikmin 4
  • Smash 4 Deluxe

Treehouse will be the only source of Indie and 3rd party content meanwhile Animal Crossing is announced later in the year in an Animal Crossing Direct focused on the mobile game.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MarcelRguez

@Grumblevolcano There is no chance in hell Double Cross won't make it into the stream if they plan to localize it. Skyrim might be part of a reel or something as well. They might even show us a bit of Dragon Quest XI, even.

MarcelRguez

Monado_X

Anyone else expecting a Xeno2 delay? If they're still working on recording the music, there's no way they've started localization. And that's going to take a few months. I'd be disappointed, but not surprised if it happened, as Xenoblade is my favorite game, and I have high hopes for this one. Hopefully it's an early 2018 game.

Monado_X

MarcelRguez

Monado_X wrote:

If they're still working on recording the music

They aren't. Just finished it yesterday.

Monado_X wrote:

There's no way they've started localization. And that's going to take a few months.

Simultaneous localization is a thing, a thing that Kimishima has been pushing for.

We've been told it's on track, any fears of delays are unfounded.

MarcelRguez

TuVictus

I think everyone is expecting a delay. Which is good. If it somehow by some miracle gets released this year, we'll all be super happy. If not, we all knew it was coming so we're not too bothered.

TuVictus

Monado_X

Oh, right.The "wrapping up music recording this weekend" was tweet last week, meaning last weekend...duh.

Do we know who's localizing it? Because if it is 8-4 or whoever it was that handled X, then it'll be a very late 2017 title. I'm just going off of what's happened in the past.

Monado_X

MarcelRguez

@Monado_X It's not 8-4, that's for sure. I don't think we know who's doing it, so I'm assuming Treehouse.

MarcelRguez

Monado_X

I'm hoping NOE. I really enjoyed the job they did in the original. It was very good. I wasn't a big fan of X's localization.

Monado_X

Octane

At this point I feel like Nintendo's E3 thing is going to be one big ''Please understand'', keeping expectations low, like lower than expecting an E3 2015 low.

Octane

Monado_X

@Octane I think this E3 can turn out really well, if expectations are kept in check. Expecting Mario Odyssey, Mario + Rabbids, Xenoblade 2, Fire Emblem Warriors and Splatoon 2 should leave most satisfied. Expecting Stars to somehow be revealed for Switch, a Metroid, F-Zero and Mother 3 for Switch by December of 2017 will definitely lead to disappointment. I'm optimistic, because I'm excited to see Mario, Xeno and Fire Emblem Warriors. I'd be happy with that. I'd love surprises, but I'm not expecting much.

Monado_X

MarcelRguez

@Octane As far a surprises go, I agree. Nevertheless, there's plenty to be excited for. The Switch stuff we know of alone makes this E3 better than 2015's already, by far.

That we won't see another disappointing Metroid game for a while surely helps, too.

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

Octane

@MarcelRguez A new Odyssey trailer is the only thing I'm looking forward to that's a given. I thought a Metroid announcement was possible, but I don't think we'll see it. Maybe Pikmin 4, that's what I'm hoping for, but I don't want to be disappointed.

Octane

MarcelRguez

@Octane Are you talking about that leak SMD put forward (which was subsequently given a hint of credibility by reliable leakers) about a 3DS Metroid, or are you talking about something else?

Don't know about Pikmin 4. I'm not 100% sure Hey Pikmin isn't that title, despite evidence pointing the opposite.

MarcelRguez

Octane

@MarcelRguez No, that was just me thinking Ninty got their Metroid shenanigans right for once. And Reggie hinting at it something Metroid related.

On Pikmin 4, it's a separate thing. The Pikmin team is working on something, and we know it's not Hey! Pikmin. Plus Miyamoto openly talked about Pikmin 4 not being a high priority last year (this was pre-Switch), I assume they're bringing the game back for Switch. And since Miyamoto also stressed it was close to completion almost two years ago, I can't imagine a reveal being too far off.

Octane

TuVictus

I'm not holding out hope for pikmin 4. Knowing Nintendo, and our luck, pikmin 4 is a ways off even if Hey pikmin isn't it

TuVictus

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.