Forums

Topic: 2018 FIFA World Cup

Posts 81 to 100 of 198

gcunit

Lroy wrote:

Plus, SPAIN have just sacked their Head Coach because he came out and told everyone he is going to REAL MADRID. They play PORTUGAL in two days?! Insanity.

Just coming here to share the same. Quick everyone, change your vPortugal prediction!

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

AgentLA

@Lroy

So is the 3rd Sidekick the definitive one to get then? I know you had previously recommended #2.

Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot πŸš€

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

AgentLA

I locked in my 1st round bracket this morning, getting amped for tomorrow! It kind of sucks for us on the US West Coast, first game is at 8 am.

AND WHAT ABOUT SPAIN!!!!’ That is crazy.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

AgentLA

@gcunit

That’s what I just did! It’ll still be competitive but the upheaval in that dressing room must be immense.

AgentLA

@Lroy

I don’t understand this at all. If coaching Madrid or Barca now disqualifies you for the National Team post, that is a crazy new rule. Perhaps they could’ve kept the news under wraps until after the cup, but this knee jerk reaction from the head guy in Spain is mind boggling.

AgentLA

And the US, along with Mexico & Canada were awarded the 2026 World Cup!!! I’m so excited, I live in LA and will have games in town.

I saw some games during the β€˜94 Cup so I’m ecstatic to get another chance to go!!

Lroy

Agent721 wrote:

@Lroy

So is the 3rd Sidekick the definitive one to get then? I know you had previously recommended #2.

No, no. SUPER SIDEKICKS gets better and better with each iteration. 2 is the purest, most arcadey but I personally prefer 3 and 4. But for Β£6.29 you can't really go wrong.

Edited on by Lroy

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή | πŸš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Lroy

@Agent721 Been chatting to @RetroGamerAndrew and @NaviandMii and @Eagle9 about World Cup and Spain meltdown over on the Adult Switch Gamers Discord. We have a WC Chat thread set-up for banter whilst watching the matches.

Lroy

Agent721 wrote:

And the US, along with Mexico & Canada were awarded the 2026 World Cup!!! I’m so excited, I live in LA and will have games in town.

I saw some games during the β€˜94 Cup so I’m ecstatic to get another chance to go!!

Yeah, congrats bud. Be an amazing tournament. USA'94 was a brilliant spectacle even despite my home nation failing to qualify that time 😒

AgentLA

@Lroy

France missed out on that one too. I couldn’t believe it.

Chris77

@Agent721 at least France redeemed themselves four years later. England remain under achievers.

Chris77

Switch Friend Code: SW-4822-3134-1042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4382-1960-5156 | Nintendo Network ID: Djoser

spizzamarozzi

Agent721 wrote:

@Lroy

I don’t understand this at all. If coaching Madrid or Barca now disqualifies you for the National Team post, that is a crazy new rule. Perhaps they could’ve kept the news under wraps until after the cup, but this knee jerk reaction from the head guy in Spain is mind boggling.

@Agent721 If I understand this correctly, the guy had a contract with the National team until 2020 - he planned to coach the National team throughout the world cup and then resign after the tournament, so he could manage Real Madrid. The Spanish headquarters didn't like that spirit and sacked him immediately.

I mean, I can't blame them - not only it shows a lack of commitment and professionalism, but the guy isn't really risking his job like all the other national team managers, so he really has no reason to care if the ship sinks or floats...

btw, Super Side Kicks 2 is by far the best of the lot.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

OorWullie

@Agent721 Scotland also missed out on 94,we'd been to the previous 5. 78 in Argentina we went as 3rd favourites, which sounds crazy until you consider our team was made up with Liverpool and Nottingham Forest players who were dominating Europe at the time, Dalglish, Souness, Robertson, Gemmil, Burns along with a few Man United players, Jordan, Macari, Mcqueen. We lost to Peru in the opening game 3v1,drew with Iran 0v0 then went into the last game against The Netherlands needing to beat them by 3 clear goals. To which one English commentator mocked us by saying "Where are Scotland going to get 3 own goals from". We beat them 3v2 with an absolute class goal from Gemmil. We were 3v1 up at one point and came so close to going 4v1 ahead. As it was we went out and Netherlands made the final.

You know things are bad when you have to reminisce about the WC from 40 years ago when I wasn't even quite 1 year old.

Edited on by OorWullie

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Mr Mustard πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡­
SW-6101-8403-1640

πŸ•ΉοΈ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards πŸ•ΉοΈ

AgentLA

@spizzamarozzi
I get being upset but firing him on the eve of the Cup? And after many players asked he stay? Very bad situation....can’t be good for team morale.

Thanks for the Sidekick suggestions! I will try them out.

Edited on by AgentLA

AgentLA

@OorWullie

Ouch! Yeah, that’s reaching way back, I was 2 in 78 and obviously can’t recall that cup. But that is mind blowing that Scotland was a favorite back then...and you came so close to pushing through. Hopefully the Scots will rise again in the Cup.

gcunit

This is now THE question that must be on the minds of every football fan around the world tonight: Super Sidekicks 2 or 3? I need a definitive answer.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

OorWullie

@gcunit I have 2 and it's great and I'll be buying 3 as soon as it appears. 3 has more teams and more cups and slightly better graphics but I've read it plays slightly different and is harder to keep the ball as a result. I've read many opinions on the two,some prefer 2 some prefer 3. I'll give my opinion on 3 after I play it some tonight before the big kick off.

SW-6101-8403-1640

OorWullie

Just noticed we have 16 members joined up to our prediction league. That's brilliant! Cheers for joining!

SW-6101-8403-1640

RetroGamerAndrew

@OorWullie 17 right now

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.