Forums

Topic: 11/5/14 Direct Prediction/Expectation/Reaction/Discusssion thread

Posts 141 to 160 of 181

SkywardLink98

Blast wrote:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

Not as disappointing as I expected, but it didn't sell me on a Wii U and it didn't add anything to my 3DS list.

If Xenoblade Chronicles X doesn't sell you on buying a Wii U then you ought to be ashamed of yourself.

If you think that everyone should buy a console just because you like an exclusive it has, then you ought to be ashamed of yourself. Seriously. I'm not going to buy a console for one game.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

iKhan

brewsky wrote:

Was Splatoon delayed? I thought it was slated for first half 2015 release, in which Q2 fits comfortably.

Depends on whose Q2 it is. Nintendo's financial Q2 is July August September (we just got the Q2 financial report).

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

CaviarMeths

iKhan wrote:

The bad:
Amiibo in other games is disappointing. It's basically DLC tied to figures. Cross-game DLC that is also physical merchandise.
We've seen enough Captain Toad, he didn't need a new Trailer. OR/AS would be better news. ORAS is one of the most extensively marketed 3DS games ever.
Why the hell did they show Ultimate NES remix Because it's out in a month.
2 new games announced were Japan exclusive Yes, on the Japanese exclusive Direct.
No full Xenoblade Trailer Even better, we got gameplay footage.
Splatoon delayed to Q2 Always had a H1 2015 window, not delayed.
Nothing on Woolly World, Giant Robot, Mario Maker, or Mario Party 10 Because it's a 2014 and early 2015 Direct.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Yoshi

iKhan wrote:

brewsky wrote:

Was Splatoon delayed? I thought it was slated for first half 2015 release, in which Q2 fits comfortably.

Depends on whose Q2 it is. Nintendo's financial Q2 is July August September (we just got the Q2 financial report).

In this case, quarters are based on the calendar year, not Nintendo's fiscal year, as it always has been on release windows.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Blast

SkywardLink98 wrote:

Blast wrote:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

Not as disappointing as I expected, but it didn't sell me on a Wii U and it didn't add anything to my 3DS list.

If Xenoblade Chronicles X doesn't sell you on buying a Wii U then you ought to be ashamed of yourself.

If you think that everyone should buy a console just because you like an exclusive it has, then you ought to be ashamed of yourself. Seriously. I'm not going to buy a console for one game.

I'm just saying XCX looks freaking amazing. I can't even see how its NOT worth buying. But enjoy being just a 3DS user...

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

cookiex

Calling it right now: Splatoon gets a late May release to boost Wii U momentum before E3.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Joeynator3000

Wait, did they say Duck Hunt won't be out until next year?

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

iKhan

brewsky wrote:

iKhan wrote:

brewsky wrote:

In this case, quarters are based on the calendar year, not Nintendo's fiscal year, as it always has been on release windows.

What other game has gotten a quarterly release window?

I remember Pikmin 3 was a Q2 title at a point and it came out in August. Though it could have been delayed.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Yoshi

Xiao_Pai wrote:

They never gave a date.

Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

SkywardLink98

Blast wrote:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

Blast wrote:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

I'm just saying XCX looks freaking amazing. I can't even see how its NOT worth buying. But enjoy being just a 3DS user...

Well I would regret buying a Wii U, so thanks... I think...

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Joeynator3000

brewsky wrote:

Xiao_Pai wrote:

They never gave a date.

Thought it said 2015, kinda figured it would be released alongside Smash Wii U.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Yoshi

iKhan wrote:

brewsky wrote:

iKhan wrote:

brewsky wrote:

What other game has gotten a quarterly release window?

I remember Pikmin 3 was a Q2 title at a point and it came out in August. Though it could have been delayed.

Pikmin was delayed past that. Also, Q2 of the 2015 fiscal year has already past. July, August, and September of next year will be Q2 of fiscal year 2016.

By your logic, Splatoon should've already released.

Splatoon will release April, May, or June of next year.

Edited on by Yoshi

Now playing:

cookiex

Xiao_Pai wrote:

brewsky wrote:

Xiao_Pai wrote:

They never gave a date.

Thought it said 2015, kinda figured it would be released alongside Smash Wii U.

I've looked at both the EU and NA directs and all it said was "Coming to Virtual Console".

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

TwilightV

Man, I wish they'd stop having limited time free distributions that are unavailable for purchase at later dates. I hate missing out on things because i'm short on money or I have to deal with other nuisances that prevent me from downloading the stuff on time...

TwilightV

Knux

Hey! I bought Pikmin 3! ..I just haven't played it yet. Not really a bad Direct, but Majora's Mask 3D and Duck Hunt for Wii U VC were the stars of the show.

Knux

CaviarMeths

LucinaSmash wrote:

I feel sorry for Miyamoto during the direct. "Please buy Pikmin 3" was all he was use for

I feel bad for thinking "Man, I do not care at all about your short films, please let someone else talk" during his screen time.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Ryu_Niiyama

LOL I think the shorts are cute and I'm sure i have a ddp card i can toss to pay for them. Beyond hyped for Majora and hopefully the New 3ds bundle it will bring. I knew Nintendo wouldn't force me to put aside my Zelda 3ds regular and XL for nothing! Captain Toad looks more appealing than ever for me so bring on December. STEAM is shaping up to look like another underated IS gem. Which means Day 1 for me.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

citizenerased

Direct was a 10/10 for me. I'd been hoping for Splatoon single player and Majora's Mask on 3DS. X footage also blew me away. As did Captain Toad's variety and MK8's new stages. Not too sold on Steam or Kirby's Rainbow Curse (seems a little too similar to the first), I guess.

Mario Maker 2 level ID: L93-LYQ-YJF

faint

just watched the japan direct. way more content one thing i noticed was a bandi game called ace combat. it seems to have amiibo support so i guess third partys can use the tec regardless of whether or not it's a ninty franchise.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.