Forums

Topic: 11/5/14 Direct Prediction/Expectation/Reaction/Discusssion thread

Posts 161 to 180 of 181

RR529

faint wrote:

just watched the japan direct. way more content one thing i noticed was a bandi game called ace combat. it seems to have amiibo support so i guess third partys can use the tec regardless of whether or not it's a ninty franchise.

The 3DS is getting a second Ace Combat game!?

Yes! I hope it gets a western release (hopefully it's not N3DS exclusive).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

MsJubilee

Well the direct blew me away, i actually thought it was going to disappoint me.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

veeflames

An 8 for me. I only needed a Smash Bros. demo... a demo for a game coming out before we know it. The Direct was pretty good. There were a few surprises and laughs. And it delivered what it promised.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

faint

RR529 wrote:

faint wrote:

just watched the japan direct. way more content one thing i noticed was a bandi game called ace combat. it seems to have amiibo support so i guess third partys can use the tec regardless of whether or not it's a ninty franchise.

i bet we get it due to the amiibo support. i also doubt bandi would make it new 3ds only

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

BearHunger

I have to say, that Splatoon single player mode has just put that game on my radar!

BearHunger

Nintendo Network ID: Bear_Hunger

NintendoFan64

Okay, here're my thoughts on it:
First of all, Majoras Mask 3D was a good surprise, because I honestly feel like this was starting to become the HL3 of Nintendo games. It's nice to see it finally announced, especially since Majora's Mask was the game that got me interested in Zelda. Then there's Codename S.T.E.A.M. I'm a little interested in it, but I haven't completely decided yet. Also, those are some pretty crazy character choices. Tom Sawyer and the Cowardly Lion!? WHAT!? As for the Mario Kart 8 DLC, seeing the F-Zero track was just awesome, as well as SNES Rainbow Road. Speaking of which, I wonder if they'll add in another Rainbow Road in the second pack. Then there's the Amiibo functionality which, to a lot of people's dismay, does not get rid of the outfit. I don't really care since I actually like the outfit, so...moving on. Seeing that the Link amiibo adds a weapon to Hyrule Warriors makes me want to get it (the amiibo), though I am a little dissapointed that the other amiibos don't add in stuff like weapons from their games. Oh well. Kirby and the Rainbow Curse is looking as good as ever, and I am incredibly happy that it's coming out in February. Captain Toad is looking good, but I'm a little upset that they didn't show the amiibo support for it. Then there's the Duck Hunt trailer, and it was just fun to watch. Announcing that Duck Hunt was making its Virtual Console debut was a nice touch, too (if only we could do that for a CERTAIN Japanese exclusive RPG. Hint, Hint.) The Nindies (God that pun is stupid) were next, and some of the games looked interesting. But that's not what I want to talk about. What if, and just hear me out on this, what if, since Nintendo currently has a good relationship with Indie developers, what if they cement that relationship by upgrading Commander Video to a character in Smash Bros. through DLC? I mean, he's technically already in there, and him being the first Indie character in Smash would definitely make Nintendo's relationship with Indie developers even better than it already is. It also makes me wonder what other third party characters are in as trophies, and makes me think that Rayman's a trophy because Ubisoft was once showing actual 100% support for the Wii U...isn't it amazing how much times can change over a couple of years? I'm not too sure about the Pikmin short films being priced, because due to the fact that someone's definitely going to put them on the internet, Nintendo's probably gonna lose some money. Finally, Xenoblade Chronicles X is looking great, and while my initial reaction to Splatoon at E3 was "it's just okay", after seeing the trailer, I am far more inclined to buy it. All in all, this was a successful direct. Oh, and before I forget, I have nothing to say about the Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate trailer.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

skywake

I kinda feel like I'm doing the excitement wrong. I was wanting to see Majora's Mask 3D and am going to be getting that day 1, I wanted to see more from Splatoon and that's awesome. The Mario Kart 8 stuff both the Amiibo and the DLC tracks are awesome and I'm hyped because Mario Kart is my thing. Zapper games on the VC? That's also cool and I'll probably end up getting Duck Hunt just because.....

but the thing that I was happiest about was Shovel Knight for the eShop in Australia right now. I mean, I have a PC that's worth about twice the price of an XBOne/PS4, I just watched a Nintendo Direct where they showed all of the things I wanted to see and the one game that has me grinning from ear to ear is an 8 bit indie game. I'm weird

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

CaviarMeths

Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold, Final Fantasy Explorers, and Devil Survivor 2: Break Record were all in the Japanese direct.

I'm starting to think that I should just learn Japanese.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

martinskrtel37

Blast wrote:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

Blast wrote:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

Not as disappointing as I expected, but it didn't sell me on a Wii U and it didn't add anything to my 3DS list.

If Xenoblade Chronicles X doesn't sell you on buying a Wii U then you ought to be ashamed of yourself.

If you think that everyone should buy a console just because you like an exclusive it has, then you ought to be ashamed of yourself. Seriously. I'm not going to buy a console for one game.

I'm just saying XCX looks freaking amazing. I can't even see how its NOT worth buying. But enjoy being just a 3DS user...

i can't see how you can't see how narrow minded you are being. lol @ ''just a 3DS user'' - how insane are fanboys these days? I don't own a Wii U either and want to wait for games I truly want to own to come out - not ''just'' another Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Zelda remake etc.

anyway, I think S.T.E.A.M. looks interesting and Xenoblade Chronicles looks appealing, never played anything in that series. obviously excited about Majora's Mask.

Edited on by martinskrtel37

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

iKhan

RR529 wrote:

faint wrote:

Wait wait wait.

The 3DS has a FLIGHT SIM GAME!?!?!

Why haven't I heard of this before. I may not like regular shooters, but I'm a sucker for flight combat games like Top Gun and Crimson Skies.

Please tell me it's on the eShop.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

RR529

@iKhan, I just checked, and it's not available through the eShop (at least in NA), but as @CanisWolfred said, you should be able to find it pretty cheap in stores.

It's a good game, but just kinda went under the radar, since it was released during the 3DS launch year, around the same time as the much anticipated SM3DL (I actually picked both games up at the same time).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

iKhan

RR529 wrote:

@iKhan, I just checked, and it's not available through the eShop (at least in NA), but as @CanisWolfred said, you should be able to find it pretty cheap in stores.

It's a good game, but just kinda went under the radar, since it was released during the 3DS launch year, around the same time as the much anticipated SM3DL (I actually picked both games up at the same time).

Darn, I don't like carrying around cartridges for 3DS. Kinda upset I bought Smash retail.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

WebHead

Good direct. Wish Yoshi and Mario maker were shown but still solid. MM 3D hype.

Also not surprised on lack ofnew for the New 3DS models for NA and EU. We aren't getting them before March and probably not even then.

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Yoshi_Prime

It was pretty awesome, particularly getting a (general) release date for Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, plus more Splatoon information. Missed Yoshi's Wooly World though. We all need more of the Yosh in our lives.

Yoshi_Prime

GAMEandASH

I was hop'n for that new 3ds to be announced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3BcrQyt22c&feature=youtu.be
Check out my first video about the New Nintendo 3DS

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1080-4519

CanisWolfred

GAMEandASH wrote:

I was hop'n for that new 3ds to be announced.

Because that's a great way to get good holiday sales: Telling everyone what they could buy this holiday season will be obsolete in a few months.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

WebHead

Yeah announcing that would kill sales for the current models this holiday. Its probably coming out with a west oriented exclusive next year, probably summer after E3.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Inkling

Mario Kart 8 x amiibo trailer Yup
Splatoon trailer and release month Trailer and release period
Duck Hunt Duo's Trailer Yup
New 3DS launch in Europe Nope
Yoshi's Wooly World Trailer Nope
Mario Kart 8 DLC release date (immediately after the presentation?) Yup, Nov 13
Hyrule Warriors DLC amiibo, does that count?
Smash Bros demo Nope
Sonic Boom A tiny bit
DS VC Nope
Smash U launch trailer Nope
Remake of some sort MM3D

I guess my predictions weren't that off

Edited on by Inkling

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.