Forums

Topic: The UNOFFICIAL Heart Gold and Soul Silver Discussion Thread

Posts 581 to 600 of 880

sonic_brawler95

What is the GB sounds, and where do you get it?

3DS FC: 5412-9891-8712

Raylax

sonic_brawler95 wrote:

GB Sounds is a Key Item which, when activated, changes all music to their original 8-bit versions (there's even a couple of new 8-bit tracks for areas that didn't exist in GSC). You get it, iirc, from Silph Co. once you've obtained all 16 badges.

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

turtlelink

Raylax wrote:

sonic_brawler95 wrote:

GB Sounds is a Key Item which, when activated, changes all music to their original 8-bit versions (there's even a couple of new 8-bit tracks for areas that didn't exist in GSC). You get it, iirc, from Silph Co. once you've obtained all 16 badges.

does it work in battles? hope so

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Raylax

turtlelink wrote:

Raylax wrote:

sonic_brawler95 wrote:

does it work in battles? hope so

Yup. Changes all music ingame. The only tracks it doesn't change are tracks to battles you've done previously (like Team Rocket) and the title screen theme. Doesn't change sound effects either, just music. There's a radio station that plays retro music, too, so you'll be able to hear the tracks you can't normally with the GB Sounds.

Raylax

Rensch

Apperently there were a lot of broken versions sent to Dutch shops but my local toy shop still had it, and my copy works fine.

It's awesome so far. And I've got myself an event Arceus on Platinum today.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

Bobpie

Found this game for $79 NZD!!!!
Most games, especially big new release games, would be $100 or more (at EB Games for example); finding it retail for a price like that is a miracle!
Not going to play until the holidays start in a week, but $79!!1 :D:D:D:D

The Pie O' Bob be watching you...

UNC5052

@Roopa132 The Pokewalker still counts your steps when the screen turns off by itself. The screen turns off after a while so it can save power.

PSN- UNC5052

Blue_Cat

I've gotten through the Victory cave, and now I'm training my pokemon a little before I take on the Elite 4.
Also, I caught Ho-Oh on my 3rd Try. It had killed all my other pokemon, and I only had my HM slave out there

Gota Catch 'em ALL!
Current HG Pokemon count: 180
Mario VS DK; Minis March Again: 3309-2151-9209

RandomWiiPlayer

I think I'm doing pretty good. 16 badges, 121 Pokemon, and 55 hours of gameplay.

Does anyone know where you go to get Kyogre/Groudon? I have the Blue Orb, and I know it is somewhere on Route 47, but I can't find it.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

Bassman_Q

How many pokemon do you guys actually use/train? My friend said the lower the number, the better, since the pokemon you use will get stronger in a shorter time. I usually train about 12 or so pokemon (1 starter, 2-3 birds, 1 fire, 1 electric, 1-2 water, 1 bug, 1 grass, 2 normal, 1-3 others) at a time if possible. Once I'm happy with their level, I move on. That's probably the reason that I already have 10 hours logged in and am only at Goldenrod City. :3

Bassman_Q

Nintendo Network ID: QwikStix42

sonic_brawler95

The GB sounds seems completely awesome. Must.......get......16 Badges (halfway there). Oh, and thanks Raylax for informing me.

3DS FC: 5412-9891-8712

Aviator

Just beat Whitney about an hour ago, got it thursday but Ive had state champs this weekend so I wasn't able to play much.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Lurch

I just got my 6th badge, 9 hours in. Man, that steelix was a pain considering it killed my quilava with a critical hit immediately.

Lurch

Adamant

Raylax wrote:

Fun fact: In order to unlock all the non-event Pokéwalker courses (assuming no watts are spent or received as gifts), you have to walk approximately 1000 miles. Good luck with that.

Just keep the thing in your pocket. You walk a lot more steps per day than you probably think you do.

Adamant

Aviator

Ive played for 7:30 and I am just about to tackle Sudowoodo.

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

Blue_Cat

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

I think I'm doing pretty good. 16 badges, 121 Pokemon, and 55 hours of gameplay.

Does anyone know where you go to get Kyogre/Groudon? I have the Blue Orb, and I know it is somewhere on Route 47, but I can't find it.

I've played about the same amount of time (53 hours), and I'm at the Elite 4 with 99 Pokemon. Just another case and point of how pokemon is a game you can play as you want.

Gota Catch 'em ALL!
Current HG Pokemon count: 180
Mario VS DK; Minis March Again: 3309-2151-9209

Aviator

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

POSSIBLE SPOILERS IF PEOPLE ACTUALLY CARE TO KNOW WHAT LEGENDS ARE IN THE AWESOMELY AWESOME GAME
On route 47, there should be a tower (according to Seribii) put the Blue Orb in and Kyogre will appear.

damn HeartGolder

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

Raylax

Aviator wrote:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

POSSIBLE SPOILERS IF PEOPLE ACTUALLY CARE TO KNOW WHAT LEGENDS ARE IN THE AWESOMELY AWESOME GAME
On route 47, there should be a tower (according to Seribii) put the Blue Orb in and Kyogre will appear.

damn HeartGolder

FURTHER SPOILERS IF YOU'RE STILL CARING

Yup. And then if you trade a Groudon caught in SoulSilver over, you'll receive a green orb which lets you go catch Rayquaza

Raylax

Rensch

You need to use Watefall to reach the Embedded Tower if i recall correctly. With the Orb in hand Kyogre/Groudon should be there.

If you get the other one by trading from HG/SS (migrating via Pal Park doesn't seem to work) you can get the Green Orb from Mr. Pokémon and find Rayquaza at Embedded Tower as well.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.