Forums

Topic: The UNOFFICIAL Heart Gold and Soul Silver Discussion Thread

Posts 321 to 340 of 880

jpfan1989

I noticed that the HG is incompatible with My Pokemon Ranch. Does anyone know if there will be an update for MPR so that it can connect with HGSS?

3DS:: 1805 2437 5220
Nintendo Network ID PhoenixFalconer

Rensch

jpfan1989 wrote:

I noticed that the HG is incompatible with My Pokemon Ranch. Does anyone know if there will be an update for MPR so that it can connect with HGSS?

Well, for Platinum they did that so I guess so. Also remember you can't use multiple cardrdges with MPR on one save file. (Which totally ruins the idea of having a backup for your older-playthrough-Pokémon)

I think Pokémon Battle Revolution works with it, too.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

Ricardo91

I just got past the second Gym. Game's been amazing so far, much better than the originals. And my run with Chiki the Chikorita has been going a lot better than I expected. Though I have a feeling I'm gonna regret not choosing Cyndaquil at some point in the future. Thankfully, my friend's gonna trade me a baby Cyndaquil as soon as I can get him a Chikorita.

Also, DAMN you guys are dedicated! The game's been out for only 3 days and yet some of you are already at or almost at the Elite Four!

Adamant

The "challenge level is decided by starter pokemon" is really just some old line from the Red/Blue manual that sticks around for whatever reason. It really doesn't matter much who you choose, you don't HAVE to make your starter an important member of your team, and there's plenty of good pokemon you can catch to fill in for whatever starter you didn't pick. Just choose the one you like best, don't worry about "which will make the game easier".

So I went with a Cyndaquil named Explotaro. Cookie for getting the reference.

Adamant

JayArr

Pro Tip

So I'm sure you all know the your Pokemon's nature can affect it stat growth. Well instead of having to look up which nature affects what stats they have included a small sign that indicates it for you. Under you Pokemon's Summary look at their stats. If you look closely at the outline of the words you will see one with Red tint (increased Stat) and one with a Blue tint (decreased stat). If you do not see a tint then you have a neutral nature.

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

Percentful

JayArr wrote:

Pro Tip

So I'm sure you all know the your Pokemon's nature can affect it stat growth. Well instead of having to look up which nature affects what stats they have included a small sign that indicates it for you. Under you Pokemon's Summary look at their stats. If you look closely at the outline of the words you will see one with Red tint (increased Stat) and one with a Blue tint (decreased stat). If you do not see a tint then you have a neutral nature.

Or, you could just memorize the helpful ones, like me.
Modest, Timid for special sweeper, Jolly, Adamant for the physical sweeper! Go my memory!

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

sonic_brawler95

At the bug catching contest, haaaaaah, nostagla.

EDIT: Ah, hey, I just noticed the name change for the topic. Cool!

Edited on by sonic_brawler95

3DS FC: 5412-9891-8712

UNC5052

Sniff Sniff... I just checked Amazon and it said estimated shipping date March 19 and estimated delivery date March 26-April 1. I am devastated.... Most of you will already have it beat by then.

PSN- UNC5052

Blue_Cat

Oh cool, my Gloom has a neutral nature . And my slave ratatta has higher attack, lower defense. Nice tip, JayArr

Gota Catch 'em ALL!
Current HG Pokemon count: 180
Mario VS DK; Minis March Again: 3309-2151-9209

Percentful

Well, I'm happy. Me and my sister made a bet that she will be able to resist from commenting when I get one of these [I don't think she can do it]. Basically, I just get to get the game, and TRY to play it constantly to annoy her. Not exactly hard, is it?

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

RandomWiiPlayer

All badges are mine! And Ho-Oh! Muahaha!

My friend traded me his level 100 Torterra from Diamond for a level 31 shiny Gyarados. Completely worth it, from my point of view. I need to make it lay an egg. Anyone have an extra Ditto that they want to trade for something useless?

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

RandomWiiPlayer

NintenFreak wrote:

@randomwiiplayer

i have three dittos, wanna trade?

Whats your palpad code(that is how you trade over wifi, right?)? And is there anything specific you want? I can't offer much.

The Game.

NintenFreak

@randomwiiplayer

no nothing specific.and yes your palpad code (freind code) is to trade/battle with freinds.

my fc is in my sig

Nintenfreak

RandomWiiPlayer

Okay, mine is 1935-2846-1340

The Game.

Faildude

Rensch wrote:

jpfan1989 wrote:

Well, for Platinum they did that so I guess so.

No, there hasn't been an update for Platinum compatibility outside Japan yet

Signature removed by the moderation team - In case of any further violations you will face serious consequences.

RandomWiiPlayer

NintenFreak wrote:

@randomwiiplayer

okay i added you want to trade right now?

Yeah, I go to the downstairs of the Pokemon center right?

The Game.

RandomWiiPlayer

Hm.... It isn't working. Strange.

The Game.

NintenFreak

yeah i dont know what is going on with it.

Nintenfreak

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.