Forums

Topic: The UNOFFICIAL Heart Gold and Soul Silver Discussion Thread

Posts 301 to 320 of 879

sonic_brawler95

I was playing this til midnight last night and I clock about 8 hours of gameplay, and I made it out of the forest. I just got my Spikey eared Pichu (its so cute ), but I think I will put it in the PC for later because its lv.30 (starts at that level) and is way stronger than my other pokemon. But I think I'll pick up the pace now.

Today I had my pokewalker in my pocket during school (except for gym cause I wasn't gonna risk it falling out of my pocket), and I got 114 watts. Seems like it wasn't much, but then again you sit all during school. And I think I will take another walk sometime today. ;3

Edited on by sonic_brawler95

3DS FC: 5412-9891-8712

Percentful

I never thought about explaining Ivs and EVs to her... I bet she would enjoy that! /sarcasm
Anyways, I've decided I want to get them sometime. I'll just summon up the self-control I used when I first got electroplankton. As for my sister.... do I really care what she thinks about my games? I never have, even if she got annoying sometimes.

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

Ricardo91

Just picked up my reserve copy of SoulSilver an hour ago. I'm still trying to pick a starter. I'm tempted to go with Cyndaquil, since he's an old favorite, but on the other hand I fell like being adventurous and getting Chikorita (which I never picked before). Suggestions?

Also, how far in the game do you have to be to get that Pokewalker working?

M00se

my friend got his pokewalker taken away today in school. the teacher thought it was his phone and took it away. lol

PSN ID: brucethemoose904
3DS FC: 3566-2025-1426
My Music: http://djm00se.bandcamp.com/
Previously known as: BB_Thrilla

turtlelink

BB+Thrilla wrote:

my friend got his pokewalker taken away today in school. the teacher thought it was his phone and took it away. lol

Lol. I didnt even open my pokewalker.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

zezhyrule

@Ricardo: Chikorita! But that is probably the hardest pick, if you care. Also, I think use can use the walker right when you start, but I didn't try until after I got the pokedex. (Go SoulSilver!)

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

Ricardo91

zezhyrule wrote:

@Ricardo: Chikorita! But that is probably the hardest pick, if you care. Also, I think use can use the walker right when you start, but I didn't try until after I got the pokedex. (Go SoulSilver!)

Well, Charmander was the hardest starter in Red/Blue, but we all know how badass he became.

I think I'll go for Chikorita. I'm willing to take up the challenge. I just hope he'll work out for me in the long run...

Blue_Cat

Just got to the second gym, but my lvl 23 Gloom was creamed! I guess I have to train a hoot hoot to take care of this one...

But with the pokewalker, something funny happened. Right after I traded a pokemon back from it, another one "jumped" into it. A wild pokemon just randomly joined me .

Gota Catch 'em ALL!
Current HG Pokemon count: 180
Mario VS DK; Minis March Again: 3309-2151-9209

Faildude

Blue_Cat wrote:

Just got to the second gym, but my lvl 23 Gloom was creamed! I guess I have to train a hoot hoot to take care of this one...

But with the pokewalker, something funny happened. Right after I traded a pokemon back from it, another one "jumped" into it. A wild pokemon just randomly joined me .

That happened to me too a lot of times when I had no Pokémon on the Pokéwalker

Signature removed by the moderation team - In case of any further violations you will face serious consequences.

NintenFreak

miltank was surprisingly easy after the second time i battled whittney. she was hella hard in my old gold version

Nintenfreak

RandomWiiPlayer

I have 7 badges, I think. Maybe 8. Which one is the ice one? I did that. I have a pretty crappy team, too.
Quilava level 32
Gyrados level 28
Shiny Gyrados level 30
Weepinbell level 25
SudoWoodo level 24
Pidgey level 2

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

Blue_Cat

@RandomWiiPlayer Seven badges! I'm fighting for my second!

So, I was on my way to train HootHoot, and I ran into a rival battle :l. I managed to win, but only by the luck that his Quilava didn't use any fire attacks (Plenty of smoke screen, though :l)

EDIT: Btw, RandomWiiPlayer, your sig made me loose the game.

Edited on by Blue_Cat

Gota Catch 'em ALL!
Current HG Pokemon count: 180
Mario VS DK; Minis March Again: 3309-2151-9209

Adam

Turns out I got this game after all. So far it's been more enjoyable than the original Silver. Going to try to beat the first gym leader tomorrow and take this game slow since it's my only DS game. I have a feeling Roger the Chikorita and I will be able to take all comers.

Are all the original 150 available in this game somehow? I'm not a huge fan of the new ones. I'd particularly like to get at least one of the original starters, though I realize that's asking much from the Pokemon Company.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

ninsane

I have never played Pokemon. Should I???

I am nINSANE!

Nintendork

Wow, I was surfing around Mahogany Town, when I encountered Entei. IN THE WATER.

Anyways, yeah. Absolutely fantastic game.

That's why you're still a kid.
ADD ME ON PSN: xnintendorkx
Youtube account: xNintendorkx

OsoOto

Ricardo91 wrote:

Just picked up my reserve copy of SoulSilver an hour ago. I'm still trying to pick a starter. I'm tempted to go with Cyndaquil, since he's an old favorite, but on the other hand I fell like being adventurous and getting Chikorita (which I never picked before). Suggestions?

Also, how far in the game do you have to be to get that Pokewalker working?

You just need one pokemon in your PC box and you'll be able to start Poke-walking ^ _ ^

Oh, and right now - 44 Typhlosion, 42 Empoleon, 45 Ho-Oh, 36 Ampharos, 31 RED Gyarados (yay), and the 30 Spiky Eared Pichu. I just won against the second Elite Four member.

Edited on by OsoOto

peekachu wuz liek 'dun tase meh bro!' n' i was liek 'im gunna tase u bro!' n den he wuz liek 'i herd u liek mudkipz bro' n den i tased em

BL_Donth

weirdadam wrote:

Turns out I got this game after all. So far it's been more enjoyable than the original Silver. Going to try to beat the first gym leader tomorrow and take this game slow since it's my only DS game. I have a feeling Roger the Chikorita and I will be able to take all comers.

Are all the original 150 available in this game somehow? I'm not a huge fan of the new ones. I'd particularly like to get at least one of the original starters, though I realize that's asking much from the Pokemon Company.

Not all original 150 but most of them. Original starters? You're in for a surprise.
SPOILERS

After you get all 16 badges and beat Red on top of Mt. Silver.
You can talk to prof. Oak and he'll let you choose one of the original starters: Bulbasaur, Squirtle, or Charmander.
The downside is that it'll take a long time to get to Red. Beating the 1337 4. Beating all 16 Gyms. etc.

SPOILERS ends here.

My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 5343-7674-1789 | Nintendo Network ID: Donth8

Adam

Thank you kindly, Sir Donth the Eighth. Who's the pretty lady in your avatar, by the way?

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

sonic_brawler95

I got my third badge! I got to the park. Boy, the pokeathlon sure is fun. But I saved after that because I can't wait til tomorrow because of the bug catching contest, I remember how many hours I spent on that on the original gold.

@randomwiiplayer- Aw man, I just lost the game.

3DS FC: 5412-9891-8712

Eel

Got mine, and got the figurine as well, it is MUCH smaller than i tought!

I LOVE THIS GAME!
and the pokewalker!

my starter is Toto the Totodile, like my first silver starter.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.