Forums

Topic: The UNOFFICIAL Heart Gold and Soul Silver Discussion Thread

Posts 341 to 360 of 879

Blue_Cat

I spent an hour at the Pokethon (or whatever it's called). It's pretty fun! The thing is that none of my pokemon had any strength or jump! I have to start paying attention to those stats!

Other then that, I now have a girafarig on my team, and I just traded over the shiny Chinchou that's going to be part of my team aswell. Now my team is 1/2 complete!

@NintendoFreak&RandomWiiPlayer
Hmm... I'm interested that the Wi-Fi trade system isn't working. Maybe they just haven't gotten it online yet? It has only been out 3 days...

Gota Catch 'em ALL!
Current HG Pokemon count: 180
Mario VS DK; Minis March Again: 3309-2151-9209

Toon_Link

Hey guys first of all sorry I haven't been here in a while, I've been playing HG.

Second, Serebii announced the other day that there is going to be an event to get the special Yellow Forest PokeWalker course - starting on April 1st and ending on April 30th - over Wi-Fi connection. On this course you can find special Pikachu, one of which knows Surf, while another knows Fly. So if you, can, try to get one and watch the wackiness unfold as you soar the skies and swim the oceans on your trusty lightning mouse!

Edited on by Toon_Link

Toon_Link

Rensch

Pokémon Yellow reference from Game Freak!

I hope to get it at European launch. It's only two weeks so I don't feel like buying the NA version on the internet. I'm totally fed up with Japanese.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

RandomWiiPlayer

Battling Lance, holy crap he is hard!

EDIT: What kind of a$$ has THREE DRAGONITES!?!?!?

Edited on by RandomWiiPlayer

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

RandomWiiPlayer

NintenFreak wrote:

@Randomwiiplayer

sure. i hope it works this time, i wonder why it wouldnt work.

Give me a minute, I'm in a battle.

The Game.

Adam

Can this game trade with Diamond and Pearl? If so, does anyone have any cool (i.e. a rare or unique Pokemon, a starter, or whatever) D&P Pokemon that are not found in HG/SS that they'd like to trade? I have a Chikorita (level 23, I think) that I'm not particularly attached to. Or if Chikorita is not appealing, I could get something else. I have Soul Silver. I'm not very far in the game, just beat the fourth gym.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

RandomWiiPlayer

weirdadam wrote:

Can this game trade with Diamond and Pearl? If so, does anyone have any cool (i.e. a rare or unique Pokemon, a starter, or whatever) D&P Pokemon that are not found in HG/SS that they'd like to trade? I have a Chikorita (level 23, I think) that I'm not particularly attached to. Or if Chikorita is not appealing, I could get something else. I have Soul Silver. I'm not very far in the game, just beat the fourth gym.

Yeah, it is possible to trade with Diamond and Pearl. I'll take the Chikorita, I can give you.... a shiny level 100 Torterra? My friend is really lucky and hatched a shiny Turtwig egg. I don't want Torterra, you can have him if you want.

The Game.

RandomWiiPlayer

NintenFreak, I'm ready when you are.

The Game.

Adam

Whoa, that's quite an offer! I would love a Torterra. I can't wait to plop it down as my last Pokemon when I play online with my friend, given that we are both averaged at level 20 right now, hahaha.

If it would not be a problem (and assuming the egg hatched with you), could you rename him Sergei if male, Olesya if female? I like to name all my Pokemon ill-fitting human names while displaying ethnic diversity.

I'm a weird guy.

I can rename Chikorita whatever you like, too. His name is currently Roger.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

RandomWiiPlayer

weirdadam wrote:

Whoa, that's quite an offer! I would love a Torterra. I can't wait to plop it down as my last Pokemon when I play online with my friend, given that we are both averaged at level 20 right now, hahaha.

If it would not be a problem (and assuming the egg hatched with you), could you rename him Sergei if male, Olesya if female? I like to name all my Pokemon ill-fitting human names while displaying ethnic diversity.

I'm a weird guy.

I can rename Chikorita whatever you like, too. His name is currently Roger.

If I can find the name changer dude, than yeah, I'll change her name to Olesya. But the egg didn't hatch with me, can't you still change the name? I just got it a few days ago, one shiny level 100 Torterra.

The Game.

Adam

No, only the original trainer can do it. That's how it was in the old games and how it is in Soul Silver, so I assume that it didn't change with Diamond and Pearl. My friend code is 1978 2376 0871, by the way. When would you like to make the trade? I'll be around most of the evening if you can do it today.

Come on, friends,

RandomWiiPlayer

weirdadam wrote:

No, only the original trainer can do it. That's how it was in the old games and how it is in Soul Silver, so I assume that it didn't change with Diamond and Pearl. My friend code is 1978 2376 0871, by the way. When would you like to make the trade? I'll be around most of the evening if you can do it today.

I can't do it right now, but I can around this time tomorrow, maybe a little earlier.

The Game.

turtlelink

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Battling Lance, holy crap he is hard!

EDIT: What kind of a$$ has THREE DRAGONITES!?!?!?

My friend. He has 6 and a bunch of other dragons

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

ganondwarf16

if anyone is wondering, i'm kicking team rocket out of radio tower right now and my pokemon are all around level 30

ganondwarf has always been short

Adam

Works for me, RWP, thanks! By the way, why'd you raise it to level 100 if you don't want it?

Edit: So I was just told about Ditto breeding. Would you mind swapping eggs instead? I'm on my way to capture a Ditto so I can breed it and make some Chikorita eggs. If I catch two and you need one, I can send you a Ditto to facilitate the egg swap. I've never done this breeding thing (never owned the original Gold/Silver), so I don't know how all this works. Just going off of what little I've been told about it. Seems like this would be the way to go for both of us: You keep your crazy-leveled shiny beast, and I get a Pokemon that actually obeys me, haha.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

RandomWiiPlayer

weirdadam wrote:

Works for me, RWP, thanks! By the way, why'd you raise it to level 100 if you don't want it?

Edit: So I was just told about Ditto breeding. Would you mind swapping eggs instead? I'm on my way to capture a Ditto so I can breed it and make some Chikorita eggs. If I catch two and you need one, I can send you a Ditto to facilitate the egg swap. I've never done this breeding thing (never owned the original Gold/Silver), so I don't know how all this works. Just going off of what little I've been told about it. Seems like this would be the way to go for both of us: You keep your crazy-leveled shiny beast, and I get a Pokemon that actually obeys me, haha.

So, you want a Turtwig egg instead? Sure, but I still need a Ditto.

Also, it was traded to me at level 100, I've only had it for about three days. I didn't raise it.

The Game.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.