Forums

Topic: The UNOFFICIAL Heart Gold and Soul Silver Discussion Thread

Posts 281 to 300 of 879

Blue_Cat

It not an uncommon problem for the starter to out-level all the rest in the party. My advice; Train them up! After about 1/2 an hour, Hips is level 7, and I'm ready to continue moving through the game. EXP share is generally not the best way to train pokemon.

Or you could always, you know, exercise . The pokewalker isn't the most efficient method of leveling up either, but 1 level per walk isn't bad.

Gota Catch 'em ALL!
Current HG Pokemon count: 180
Mario VS DK; Minis March Again: 3309-2151-9209

sonic_brawler95

I'm gonna go for a walk right now so I can test training my lv 2 pidgey with the pokewalker. (poor pidgey has been in there all day .).

EDIT: where do you get the EXP Share?

Edited on by sonic_brawler95

3DS FC: 5412-9891-8712

almostnacho

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG I just got it!

I'm back with a shiny new 3DS, yay!
FC: 5370-0428-9949
Walker is the best Animal Crossing character ever.

jaw51

I just got soulsilver about 2 hours ago!! So far I've gotten to the first gym but I haven't tried it yet because I wanted to try out the pokewalker. I'll be getting back to the game soon!!

There is no spoon
Welcome to die!

sonic_brawler95

Just came back from my walk!

I had a total of 152 watts (although I did have more, but I spent 42 watts on trying to catch pokemon and get items), and I have to say, the Pokewalker is great! I think I might take this to school tomorrow.

UNC5052

You people are making me jealous. I have to wait for mine to come from Amazon.

PSN- UNC5052

sonic_brawler95

My cuz and I got these games at the same time (he got SoulSilver), and he is in GoldenRod. I have 6 hours of playtime and I just got to the 2nd gym. Comes to show that I <3 exploring in Pokemon.

@UNC5052- Aw man, that stinks. Maybe you'll have it by tomorrow, its truely a great game.

@Buster13- Also, it has to be the infra-red senser in the cart because I have Personal Trainer: Walking which comes with a pedometer and is also Jet black.

Edited on by sonic_brawler95

OsoOto

sonic: I like to beat it early, then go back for the goodies. And yes... this game is masterful _ Stupid weather stops me from really using the PokeWalker, though

UNC: I feel for you. waves flag

peekachu wuz liek 'dun tase meh bro!' n' i was liek 'im gunna tase u bro!' n den he wuz liek 'i herd u liek mudkipz bro' n den i tased em

ganondwarf16

I got heartgold and traded over the other starters I got from colesseum. I'm only at violet city now but I will play it ALOT more tommaro.

Edited on by ganondwarf16

ganondwarf has always been short

Percentful

I'm caught in a psychological rift... [not really, but I felt like being dramatic]
I used to LOVE Platinum, but I realized that I was getting too obsessed with it, so I turned it in. [You know something's up when you spend more time inside on pokemon wfi chatrooms than outside during Summer] I can't decide if I want to get soul silver some time or not...
I suppose I could always just set myself limits, but I would still have to deal with my older sister. ["Pokemon is for seven year olds! Has your IQ dropped yet? Am I annoying you? Blah blah blah."]

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

OsoOto

110percentful: If there's a problem with yourself after spending more time on Platinum than outside during summer, I need to be committed. And if your sister says it's for seven year olds, shove the fattest Pokemon manual you can find in her face and say, "CAN A SEVEN YEAR OLD READ THIS?" And walk away, playing HeartGold

peekachu wuz liek 'dun tase meh bro!' n' i was liek 'im gunna tase u bro!' n den he wuz liek 'i herd u liek mudkipz bro' n den i tased em

OsoOto

lockd wrote:

I GOT HEARTGOLD!!! The intro is so awesome, and I'm already preparing my army of Metapods . To bad they sold out of Ho-Oh figurines .

Edit: Also, the PokeWalker is much smaller than I expected...

Metapods? Army? How are you to win with that? O_O And I never expected it to be larger. The screen is a real let down (barely seeable in moderate lighting and way too small for adequate information.

Blue_Cat

Talking to the pokemon is so adorable! That's the only word I can really think for it. My pokemon keeps doing funny/ strange things (sniffing the floor, accidentally bumping into me, ect). I feel this game is just going to keep getting better.

@110percentful
If you weren't sure if you'd like this game, then I could make an argument as to why you would. But since your worried about liking it too much... that's a tough one. You really have to decide for yourself if you're going to be able to be a more responsible gamer for this game. Man, pokemon is DEEP!

Gota Catch 'em ALL!
Current HG Pokemon count: 180
Mario VS DK; Minis March Again: 3309-2151-9209

OsoOto

Blue_Cat wrote:

Talking to the pokemon is so adorable! That's the only word I can really think for it. My pokemon keeps doing funny/ strange things (sniffing the floor, accidentally bumping into me, ect). I feel this game is just going to keep getting better.

@110percentful
If you weren't sure if you'd like this game, then I could make an argument as to why you would. But since your worried about liking it too much... that's a tough one. You really have to decide for yourself if you're going to be able to be a more responsible gamer for this game. Man, pokemon is DEEP!

Mine never feeling like talking to me. I even bake them delicious berrie pastries like a good mother D: And as for the addiction... I mean, really? Just gain self control. Save, power off, have someone hide the DS and any sharp objects that you may threaten them with after 5 minutes of not playing, and take your PokeWalker for a stroll outside. Oh, and have pie. Yum, pie. ._.

Toon_Link

@lockd
I also expected the PokeWalker to be bigger. >_>

Toon_Link

mastersworddude

I got it while ago, (like 5 hours ago, I was at my grandpas house after I got it.) Its awesome I have Totodile and I beat Falkner and on my way back to catch a sentret.

Playstation Network: Chaos2K10
3DS Friend Code: 4210-4911-1401

OsoOto

lockd wrote:

OsoOto wrote:

lockd wrote:

I GOT HEARTGOLD!!! The intro is so awesome, and I'm already preparing my army of Metapods . To bad they sold out of Ho-Oh figurines .

Edit: Also, the PokeWalker is much smaller than I expected...

Metapods? Army? How are you to win with that? O_O And I never expected it to be larger. The screen is a real let down (barely seeable in moderate lighting and way too small for adequate information.

Yes. My army of demon Metapods. Soon, my Metapods will be able to defeat every trainer alive, and I will be the very best, like no one ever was. HARDEN UP!

My quirk is that I don't like any of the wild pokemon so far, so I only have my 36 Quilava, 17 Prinplup, and 31 Pichu. Do you guys know any good Pokemon from Johto that I can catch? (I'm going to Olivine City after buying the medicine for the Lighthouse Pokemon).

Raylax

@110percentful: Tell your sister to go study this and come back and question your IQ/mental age only when she understands it

Is it sad that I understand that? Because I do.

Edited on by Raylax

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

Toon_Link

@OsoOto
Take the Togepi egg you get and evolve it into Togetic and then Togekiss.
It' a great flying type and learns a lot of different moves. (Including Extrasensory which it comes with.)

Toon_Link

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.