Forums

Topic: The UNOFFICIAL Heart Gold and Soul Silver Discussion Thread

Posts 121 to 140 of 879

bluecat

That Pichu is just OK for me, won't be doing much with it. I do like it's coloring though.

I haven't done much breeding, but if I match this one up with another Pichu what are the chances their offspring will be special in coloring too? Or does it not work that way?

Edited on by bluecat

just another day...

Eel

bluecat wrote:

That Pichu is just OK for me, won't be doing much with it. I do like it's coloring though.

I haven't done much breeding, but if I match this one up with another Pichu what are the chances their offspring will be special in coloring too? Or does it not work that way?

well, there are 3 big no-noes about this pichu:
1)pichu cant breed.
2)evolving it will result in a common shinny pikachu
3)shinniness is not hereditary

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Toon_Link

@abgar
I thought you couldn't evolve the PC Pichu.
Maybe I'm thinking of the SE Pichu.

Toon_Link

Blue_Cat

Toon+Link wrote:

@abgar
I thought you couldn't evolve the PC Pichu.
Maybe I'm thinking of the SE Pichu.

Yes, The SE Pichu can't evolve. I believe that the PC Pichu comes with an everstone, though, so it won't accidentally evolve.

Gota Catch 'em ALL!
Current HG Pokemon count: 180
Mario VS DK; Minis March Again: 3309-2151-9209

Eel

zezhyrule wrote:

Why did they call it "Pikachu-colored" if it is just a shiny pichu?

nintendo wanted to get our attention making a random name?

Bloop.

Blue_Cat

YEAH! I just caught my first shiny pokemon EVER!!! It's a Chinchau

This greatly increases my hype for HG. I wanted a chinchau on my team anyway, so you can bet this one's gonna have a prime spot on my team

Gota Catch 'em ALL!

bluecat

abgar wrote:

bluecat wrote:

well, there are 3 big no-noes about this pichu:
1)pichu cant breed.
2)evolving it will result in a common shinny pikachu
3)shinniness is not hereditary

Gotcha, thanks. :]

just another day...

suburban_sensei

I just totally gave in, lol. I originally just pre-ordered SoulSilver for myself, but now my girlfriend is thinking HeartGold sounds "cute" as she put it. So I ended up pre-ordering both copies, plus the strategy guide (I love glancing through the pokedex, since I probably won't have time to catch them all, lol)...Anyways...so excited for March!

Nintendo ID / PSN ID: Suburban_Sensei
3DS Friend Code:3239-5626-6674

Currently playing:
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse / Hyrule Warriors / Super Smash Bros. (Wii U)
Super Smash Bros. / LoZ: Majoras Mask 3D / Kirby...

mastersworddude

I just pre-ordered HeartGold, man I can't wait! everytime I look at my Ho-Oh figure in my room I get excited!

Edited on by mastersworddude

Playstation Network: Chaos2K10
3DS Friend Code: 4210-4911-1401

Blue_Cat

Hey guys, Why are you getting the version you are? A few people said they're getting a specific version because they had it when they were a kid, but some others didn't give reasons.

I'm getting Heart Gold because I think it will be the less popular one. I also got Pearl for the same reason. Everyone had Diamond, and I felt original for having Pearl. Luckily for me, it just so happens that HG has better pokemon (for me) then SS.

Gota Catch 'em ALL!

Eel

Meowth and nostalgia make SoulSilver a winner, though it would be even better if it had kiogre instead of groundon..
besides, i always get the "blue" version first, i got blue (twice actually, my brother got red and i later obtained yellow), i got silver (my brother got gold and later obtained crystal <3) (i ended up playing both red and gold after my brother became "too big" to play with pokemon, but lost them), i got saphire (but my dad somehow managed to make it dissapear, i later got ruby used and emerald, both of them i still have) i also got firered (beacuse green is even worse than red, and charizard is much more pleasing to the eye than venusaur), lastly i got diamond (my only 4th gen game so far)...

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

zezhyrule

I'm getting SS because I want to. I also like Lugia.

Untitled

Btw, you can get both of the version mascots in both games.

EDIT: Famitsu gave it a 37 out of 40!!! Yay.

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

SuperPeach

I decided to get both that way if I get bored I can play through it again without deleting my hard work. Also so I get my mom to try it

I can't wait!

SuperPeach

mastersworddude

Blue_Cat wrote:

Hey guys, Why are you getting the version you are? A few people said they're getting a specific version because they had it when they were a kid, but some others didn't give reasons.

I'm getting Heart Gold because I think it will be the less popular one. I also got Pearl for the same reason. Everyone had Diamond, and I felt original for having Pearl. Luckily for me, it just so happens that HG has better pokemon (for me) then SS.

Im getting HG, I like Lugia more than Ho-Oh but I love Phanphy too much.

Radixxs

I pre-ordered Heart Gold because I got Gold version for my 7th birthday. Nostalgia baby!

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

Toon_Link

I just like Gold better but I also had it a few years ago.

Toon_Link

OsoOto

I was getting SoulSilver because it has Vulpix and Vulpix was my favorite Pokemon of the anime.. but HeartGold has Sableye and Donophan! Anyone here come March 14th PLEASE capture a Vulpix and trade it with me

peekachu wuz liek 'dun tase meh bro!' n' i was liek 'im gunna tase u bro!' n den he wuz liek 'i herd u liek mudkipz bro' n den i tased em

ganondwarf16

is it possible to SEE the pokemon groudon or kyogre(the one not in your version) so that you can trade at the GTS(I heard there is one on HG/SS)

ganondwarf has always been short

mastersworddude

ganondwarf16 wrote:

is it possible to SEE the pokemon groudon or kyogre(the one not in your version) so that you can trade at the GTS(I heard there is one on HG/SS)

I don't think so, but I think it would be easier to go on a Pokemon forum and trade for it there its more reliable than the GTS because you can talk to the other trainer.
And hurry up March!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.