Forums

Topic: The UNOFFICIAL Heart Gold and Soul Silver Discussion Thread

Posts 141 to 160 of 880

Toon_Link

OsoOto wrote:

I was getting SoulSilver because it has Vulpix and Vulpix was my favorite Pokemon of the anime.. but HeartGold has Sableye and Donophan! Anyone here come March 14th PLEASE capture a Vulpix and trade it with me

Well, I'm getting Heart Gold but my little bro is getting Soul Silver so maybe I can get you a Vulpix from him.

Toon_Link

Blue_Cat

I'm down for trading. I've decided that I'm comming into this game with a much more serious intention of completing the nationaldex then I've ever had before, so I've got my Ruby, LeafGreen, and Peal games lined up to help getting the pokemon I can't in HG.

LeafGreen has Vulpix (I actually have a Ninetales on my team), so I'll be glad to trade

Gota Catch 'em ALL!
Current HG Pokemon count: 180
Mario VS DK; Minis March Again: 3309-2151-9209

zezhyrule

The Jirachi event is coming up! This is from Serebii.net -

Serebii wrote:

Gamestop stores across the United States of America will be giving away a special Jirachi starting from this weekend. This special Jirachi will be given from February 27th 2010 to March 13th 2010 so be sure to go to your local Gamestop and get it while it lasts. It is at Level 5 knows the special Dragon move; Draco Meteor and when traded to HeartGold & SoulSilver, it unlocks the special Night Sky's Edge Pokéwalker course.

It is for Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum.

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

Mark_M

I do not have a Pokemon DS game, except for the mystery dungeon explorers of darkness which has different gameplay.

Should I get Pokemon Platinum or should I wait for Pokemon Heart Gold?

"I CAN'T READ YOUR PROFILE BECAUSE OF THE STUPID BACKGROUND. IT'S LIKE YOU DON'T EVEN CARE."

zezhyrule

@Mark: I would say both. That is what I would do. If you can only get one though, you should get Platinum first, and then sometime later when you're able to get HG, then get that.

Edited on by zezhyrule

Mark_M

Thank you.

"I CAN'T READ YOUR PROFILE BECAUSE OF THE STUPID BACKGROUND. IT'S LIKE YOU DON'T EVEN CARE."

Eel

Mark_M wrote:

Thank you.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo

HG and SS are 10000 times better than platinum, and come with the same battle frontier, if you desperately want to play the DPPt saga, then get Diamond or Pearl AFTER HG or SS, diamond and pearl should be cheaper than platinum.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

geek-master

is there still going to be those wireless underground caves like in dimond in pearl where you can mine for items, do capture the flag with your friends, and build secret hideouts and deck them out with furniture?!

Edited on by geek-master

This is ground control to major Tom, you've really made the grade. And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear
Now it's time to leave the capsule if you dare

Eel

geek-master wrote:

is there still going to be those wireless underground caves like in dimond in pearl where you can mine for items, do capture the flag with your friends, and build secret hideouts and deck them out with furniture?!

i dont think they included those, but im not sure.
Anyways, being the underground (gotta love mining) one of the best features of DPPt i understand it wouldnt be fair to include it, that would kind of damage the sales of these games. i guess.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Toon_Link

@Abgar and Geek-master
No the Underground is not going to be in HG/SS.

Edited on by Toon_Link

Toon_Link

Blue_Cat

My Team:
*Lanturn (A shiny one I'm importing from Pearl, after I migrate it from Ruby)
*Gligar / Gliscor
*Heracross
*Houndoom
*Bellossom
*Giragarig

Toon Link, our teams are 1/3 similar (Except my Lanturn will be shiney )

Edited on by Blue_Cat

Gota Catch 'em ALL!

Toon_Link

Blue_Cat wrote:

My Team:
*Lanturn (A shiny one I'm importing from Pearl, after I migrate it from Ruby)
*Gligar / Gliscor
*Heracross
*Houndoom
*Bellossom
*Giragarig

Toon Link, our teams are 1/3 similar (Except my Lanturn will be shiney )

I don't really care if my Pokemon are shiny or not.
I don't get why some people are so obsessed with shiny Pokemon.

Toon_Link

zezhyrule

Here is a question that I'm not sure of: When are you able to transfer over your pokemon from D/P/P?

Edit: Never mind, I finally found something:

Bulbapedia wrote:

Similar to Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, trading cannot occur until the player has obtained his or her Pokédex from Professor Oak at Mr. Pokémon's house. The player must have at least two Pokémon in the party; but no additional prerequisite is needed to trade with the Sinnoh games: this can be done at the very beginning of the game.

Edited on by zezhyrule

Blue_Cat

Toon+Link wrote:

I'm not OBSESSED with shiny Pokemon, but when I wanted a Lanturn on my team anyway, and in Ruby I ran into a shiny Chinchou, I saw no reason not to put it on my team.
Wait, I just realised I AM obsessed with shineys :l I spent the last 4 days learning how to chain them...

Edited on by Blue_Cat

Gota Catch 'em ALL!

SpentAllMyTokens

Man, I wish the Jirachi event was Wifi instead of Gamestop. I would love to have a Jirachi waiting on my platinum for my copy of SS. I wonder why Japan gets all sorts of Wifi events, and we never do anymore. There are no Gamestops in China!!! And even if I was home, I'd rather not, as an adult, be walking into the mall with my DS to download a Pokemon. Anyways, if you are in the US, check out bulbanews.bulbagarden.com for dates and stuff, so you can pick one up.

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery

BL_Donth

My team (not final) is going to be:
Typhlosion
Noctowl
Victreebel
Jolteon
Hitmontop
Poliwrath

Edit: I'm getting HeartGold

Edited on by BL_Donth

My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 5343-7674-1789 | Nintendo Network ID: Donth8

Toon_Link

Blue_Cat wrote:

Toon+Link wrote:

I'm not OBSESSED with shiny Pokemon, but when I wanted a Lanturn on my team anyway, and in Ruby I ran into a shiny Chinchou, I saw no reason not to put it on my team.
Wait, I just realised I AM obsessed with shineys :l I spent the last 4 days learning how to chain them...

I wasn't saying that you were obsessed with them, I'm sorry.
I meant that I've seen people who are REALLY obsessed with getting Shinies.

Toon_Link

Blue_Cat

Toon+Link wrote:

I wasn't saying that you were obsessed with them, I'm sorry.
I meant that I've seen people who are REALLY obsessed with getting Shinies.

Nah, I'm not that offended, and I know what you mean. While I'm moderately interested in shinies, some people are really obsessed with shinies.

Edited on by Blue_Cat

Gota Catch 'em ALL!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.