Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 7,041 to 7,060 of 9,620

ShadowGame

Does somebody know how i can load own sprites (enemies) into
The raycast Engine? Im going to make an ego Shooter so i need that.

And can i use other colors for the Walls?

Thanks

ShadowGame

Malltog

What's wrong with this code?

FOR I=0 TO NSHRTCT-1
IF TS$(0)==SHRTCT$(I, 0) THEN EXEC SHRTCT$(I, 1)
NEXT

The first dimension of SHRTCT$ can be of different sizes (based on a user-provided MEM file). That size is stored in NSHRTCT. {Edit: Just to clarify, the size, not the final index, is stored here.}
The second dimension of SHRTCT$ is of size 2.

Error message: Illegal function call (228, EXEC)

Edited on by Malltog

Malltog

Nintendo Network ID: Malltog

calc84maniac

@Malltog The EXEC command gives the illegal function call error when you pass it a string with a length not between 1 and 8. So if you pass an empty string or a string of length 9 or more, it will error.

Edit: This is assuming you aren't prefixing with "PRG:", of course. But the same idea applies to the filename.

Edited on by calc84maniac

calc84maniac

Malltog

@calc84maniac
Oh. Now I get it.
I store the values in that array in a file for persistance.
And I PAD THEM WITH SPACES.
Duh. (For others' reference, EXEC also gives illegal function call if the string contains non-alphanumeric characters. Like spaces.)

Malltog

Nintendo Network ID: Malltog

ShadowGame

ShadowGame wrote:

Does somebody know how i can load own sprites (enemies) into
The raycast Engine? Im going to make an ego Shooter so i need that.

And can i use other colors for the Walls?

Thanks

Please help me!!

ShadowGame

Pixelrobin

@ShadowGames to change the color, edit the data for it. I don't remember what the sub-routine, IamAPerson could help you with that. The graphics cover any sprites you load so you need to do quite a bit of editing before showing sprites.

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

Slayer

0Games wrote:

randomous wrote:

@Bluerobin2 Lol school and work.

And don't forget schoolwork. It consumes time, that's why I can't work on Apocalypse Rising immediately when I get on sometimes.
I need shooting, and Trinitro21 on GameFAQs helped me, but my inexperience doesn't allow me to translate this nor understand...
GameFAQs Flashback:

0Games wrote:

Apocalypse Rising is actually nearly done, yesterday I implemented basic walking. I still need to animate it, but that's fine. I need SHOOTING, and I remembered how to do that, but the information doesn't come to mind at all...
I needed some assistance, so I decided to make a thread for help instead of making a thread for every problem I run into.
So shooting. How do I do that again...?

DracoXIV wrote:

Since idk how to do it myself, here's a witty response:

Pull the trigger.

cmart595 wrote:

That's hilarious man! Idk know how to do it either... get it from on of the sample games?

Trinitro21 wrote:

You'd have a 2D array to store the bullets' data(if it exists, x, y, direction). Then you'd have a subroutine to go through all the bullets, check if they exist, change their x values, and offset them. To shoot, go through the array, find a blank spot, assign the correct values, and set the sprite.

0Games wrote:

I suppose I could try to work that out. Good method.

I'm stuck on understanding that. Array tutorial or translation into code, I don't care, I just need this!

I have nothing really to say about myself.

noxuss

UltraDragnYoshi wrote:

Hello!
I've been lurking this(Actually, the QR thread) thread, for some time now. I finally decided to make an account
I'm not to good a programing. but I do like to draw Graphics!
I'm currently working on some minecraft style graphics.

I've currently drawn. Grass, dirt, Tree drunk, leaves, wood, TNT, water, gavel, sand, stone, torch and door.
They're actually meant for a 2d minecraft.

Edit:Pictures coming soon.

Wow, I really want the pictures. I was bored so I made a 2d block-building game, and I really just can't do the water texture.

noxuss

InsertPi

@ShadowGame find the @TEXDATA data sequence. Those numbers are the colours used for the walls. Note: those colours are not text colours. They are 256-colour palette colours. Change that. If you want to change the size of the textures (4x4, 16x16) then tell me.

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

ShadowGame

@IAmAPerson
Thanks!
But One question:
I would make an ego Shooter and i need enemies.
How can i load them into the Labyrinth made with the raycast Engine?

ShadowGame

InsertPi

ShadowGame wrote:

@IAmAPerson
Thanks!
But One question:
I would make an ego Shooter and i need enemies.
How can i load them into the Labyrinth made with the raycast Engine?

Your welcome. Anyway, I'm not completely sure how to do what you're asking. I'd say something like this: on the map, put a 2 where you want enemies. Then, when it sees a 2, have it place an enemy sprite. Scale it using the DIST variable. That's what I used for render distance (if DIST was greater than 16, then it stops drawing). Make sure that when you kill the enemy, edit the array MAP() where the enemy was from a 2 to a 0, to remove the collision. I think that's how you'd do it. Don't quote me on this.

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

ShadowGame

@IAmAPerson

Thanks!
And how can i make a shot? The sprite for it should spawrns in Front of my player and kills the Enemy.
I Hope my english is right (but i dont think so).
Thanks

ShadowGame

UltraWolf2X

@UltraDragnYoshi Awesome I was going to make one, but no one is willing to help.

Herpa-Derp Derp!!!
My 3DS Friend Code: 3609-1380-2642

ShadowGame

If i Write a 2 in the Map it gives the error:
Subscript out of range (98, gfill)

Why?

ShadowGame

InsertPi

ShadowGame wrote:

If i Write a 2 in the Map it gives the error:
Subscript out of range (98, gfill)

Why?

I would need to look at the code to be certain, but from memory, it seems that an array isn't DIMmed big enough. Like I said, I really need to look at the code to make sure. If you load a current Minecraft DS world on some of the older versions like Alpha, the game will crash with that error.

LeviCelJir

1.6.6 Is almost here!

Hi I'm Levi and I like Bloopys :^)

InsertPi

@0Games I see you're learning C++ now instead of C.

To make up for off-topicness, here's a list of everything MCDSEdit will offer

• Map editing. Use any block and place anywhere.
  • Attribute editing. Change location of player, inventory, hotbar, nickname, etc.
  • Version conversion. Load a map and it will detect the version and convert to latest version.
  • Texture editing. Change textures. I will add after texture pack support is working again.
    Another thing that Minecraft DS Beta 1.7 will include: much lag improvement.

LeviCelJir

IAmAPerson wrote:

@0Games I see you're learning C++ now instead of C.

To make up for off-topicness, here's a list of everything MCDSEdit will offer

• Map editing. Use any block and place anywhere.
  • Attribute editing. Change location of player, inventory, hotbar, nickname, etc.
  • Version conversion. Load a map and it will detect the version and convert to latest version.
  • Texture editing. Change textures. I will add after texture pack support is working again.
    Another thing that Minecraft DS Beta 1.7 will include: much lag improvement.

What about copy and pasting between worlds?

Hi I'm Levi and I like Bloopys :^)

ShadowGame

@IAmAPerson

The code of line 98-100:
Gfill i,p,j,p+h,tex(t,7)
Gfill i,p-h,j,p,tex(t,6)
P=p-h*2

ShadowGame

InsertPi

@Leviceljir I forgot about that!

Yes, if you have an amazing build in a 16x16 world (like me) but is running out of space and want to make it a 32x32 world, you can now do that! I'll make another button called "Change world size"

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic