Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 6,481 to 6,500 of 9,620

InsertPi

Pootrick2 wrote:

Thanks your a life saver

no problem.

I'm gonna start working on render distance in a few days (maybe Saturday) so that the lag on 64x64 worlds will be fixed (Along will a lot of lag period). If you REALLY wanna see lag, load a 64x64 world, look left until you see then entire map, then switch to quality 1. If you get 0.2+ FPS, you're lucky.

Edited on by InsertPi

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

InsertPi

@randomous how do you use the command where you can save a file of a name of your choice (like the screenshot system in village) and can you load a file with a name of your choice? I'm gonna start working on more worlds for MCDS.

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

calc84maniac

IAmAPerson wrote:

@randomous how do you use the command where you can save a file of a name of your choice (like the screenshot system in village) and can you load a file with a name of your choice? I'm gonna start working on more worlds for MCDS.

It's the same as normal SAVE and LOAD, but you supply a custom string instead of a hardcoded one. Basically something like: SAVE "GRP:"+NAME$

calc84maniac

twinArmageddons

Leviceljir wrote:

Leviceljir wrote:

@IAmAPerson Can I change the sky to black? or red? or green? If so, how???

look for a GFILL in the code and just mess with the numbers until you get the desired results

get in loser we're going titan hunting

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0639-8952 | Nintendo Network ID: merp_aottg

ChangeV

randomous wrote:

I'm sure @Discostew has already thought of this (probably ages ago too), and I'm sure others have as well, but I just thought of it myself and thought I'd share.

I've made a program that shows how to animate all BG tiles that take on a certain value. For instance, if you're making an RPG and you've got some SCR file with water or torches in it, you can call some of the functions I've made in the program below and all torch/water tiles will animate according to the information you provide (as long as you've drawn the animation). The cool part is that no matter how many instances of the tile are currently on the BG, the animation will take the same impact on time. The animation will use the BGs directly next to the base BG, just like animated sprites.

It works by reading in the tile information (using CHRREAD) for the BG tiles you specify to animate, as well as the frames that follow (according to your specification). It then goes through and updates the base BG tile (using CHRSET) whenever it realizes that it's reached the time limit for that particular animation.

In order to use it yourself, just get rid of the "DEMO" section, but include all the rest of the code in your project. Make sure that any BG tile you want to animate is followed by the animation frames (just like a sprite sheet animation). Figure out which BG tiles you'd like to animate, then stick their IDs in the "BGCHR" data section (get rid of the old data). Make sure you put a -1 after the last ID, this is important! Next, figure out how many frames you'd like the BG tiles to animate through, and put that in the "BGFRAME" section. Finally, decide how much time you'd like between each frame and put it in the "BGTIME" section. This is all the same data you'd use to animate sprites and such.

Let's look at an example. In the demo program provided, BGCHR has the following data:
40,520,-1

This means that we want BG tile 40 and 520 to be animated (whenever they appear, no matter what). The -1 specifies the end of the data section. Next, we've got BGFRAME:

Notice there's no -1 here; you don't need -1 on any data section unless it's BGCHR (it's just a semantic I chose). These numbers mean that BG tile 40 will have 3 frames of animation, while BG tile 520 will have 4. Finally, BGTIME:

This means that BG tile 40 will change frames once every 15 game frames, or VSYNC 1's. BG tile 520 will change frames once every 4 game frames.

If you need help with it, or just don't understand what this is all about, please let me know!

Untitled

my Exerion look-alike also uses BG animation for fake 3D scroll.
I posted 2 places long ago (this thread page 259, and tutorial thread) but I guess no one read it yet.
https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/dsiware/petit_computer?sta...
https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/dsiware/petit_computer_tut...

ChangeV

LeviCelJir

twinArmageddons wrote:

Leviceljir wrote:

Leviceljir wrote:

@IAmAPerson Can I change the sky to black? or red? or green? If so, how???

look for a GFILL in the code and just mess with the numbers until you get the desired results

there are a lot gfills in the code...

Hi I'm Levi and I like Bloopys :^)

InsertPi

twinArmageddons wrote:

@Leviceljir just mess with all of them

NONONO!!! Don't do that! That'll seriously screw something up. The GFILLs on lines 78 and 79 are the ones for the floor and sky.

twinArmageddons

IAmAPerson wrote:

twinArmageddons wrote:

NONONO!!! Don't do that! That'll seriously screw something up. The GFILLs on lines 78 and 79 are the ones for the floor and sky.

whoopsy lol
now i'm tempted to do that... e-e

Edited on by twinArmageddons

LeviCelJir

twinArmageddons wrote:

IAmAPerson wrote:

twinArmageddons wrote:

whoopsy lol
now i'm tempted to do that... e-e

well good thing i ignored you... i don't even wanna know what happens when you start randomly messing with it

Hi I'm Levi and I like Bloopys :^)

InsertPi

Holy crap. Working on MCDS Beta 1.5.5 and the boot up time is now almost as long as Village. Wow. How long does it take to DIM a 16x16 array?

Also, I messed with a few of the GFILLS. It's HILARIOUS!!! You gotta try it! I just swapped a couple variables.

Edited on by InsertPi

randomous

@IAmAPerson Well, @calc84maniac beat me to it. Sorry! And LOL does Village really have that long of a loading time? I didn't know it was that long... lol.

@ChangeV Sorry, I didn't know. I knew it was an old concept when I made that program, I just wanted to functionalize it in case someone else wanted to use it. It seems you did the same thing... sorry about that!

Edit: I take it nobody cares much about the "ball labyrinth" idea. Oh well, that's why I asked first lol.

Edited on by randomous

randomous

Slayer

randomous wrote:

And LOL does Village really have that long of a loading time? I didn't know it was that long... lol.

You didn't notice? HOW CAN YOU NOT PLAY YOUR OWN GAME? Lol, JK. Village takes a bit because it has to load the save file, pass the time, and call on a lot.

Edited on by Slayer

I have nothing really to say about myself.

randomous

@0Games I know it's long, but it's not nearly as long as... Tristones and stuff.

randomous

twinArmageddons

randomous wrote:

@0Games I know it's long, but it's not nearly as long as... Tristones and stuff.

that loading time still gives me nightmares... e-e

InsertPi

Are you guys gonna get mad at me cause I don't know what Tristones is?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic