Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 5,161 to 5,180 of 9,620

InsertPi

Look at my post above for how to pick a random character from a string

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

BonChoi

I was only going to use it at the startup of the game XD

Edited on by BonChoi

Programmer for Minecraft DS!

Press B!

Eel

Here's my version of that code:

LETTER$=MID$(WORD$,FLOOR(RND(LEN(WORD$))),1)

I think that's how MID worked right? String, then start then length. Sorry I haven't used it in a bit.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

iprice

Morphtorok wrote:

BonChoi wrote:

Does anyone know a command that chooses a random number between a set of numbers? (i.e 12345 the command chooses 3

I don't think there's a command that chooses a number from a string of numbers. But there's RND(X), which chooses a random dumber between 0 and X. Combine it with FLOOR(X) for better results.

You can actually choose a random number from a string (as long as the number is less than 10). You need to use VAL and MID$ though.
eg

STR$="145678"

r=VAL(mid$(STR$,rnd(5),1))

• or something like that. Not tested this actual code, but I've used something like this in Petit Push to draw the levels.

VAL will give you the value of the string obtained with MID$

Of course it is easier to just use RND with a simple range of numbers. Remember you can actually add a variable to the returned range to ensure it's between certain values (eg r=RND(10)+2 would esnure that r is >=2 but <=12.

Edited on by iprice

I code, therefore I am.

Eel

Actually, the line of code I wrote earlier can be used for that (you would just need to add VAL to it). However, I don't think there's a command to do that automatically

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Slayer

I'll see what I can do in a bit. For now I'll play Village.
I'm on to counting up SPSET sprite sheet numbers.

Edited on by Slayer

I have nothing really to say about myself.

damolii

Ok everyone!!! I have finally finished my RPG!!! I am really excited. It's been a long time coming, and I hope everyone likes it.I don't know if I'll continue making any more but please at least try it. The controls are X to save and Y to battle. Thank you!!!

Edited on by damolii

I don't have a 3DS so what do I put here? -Damolii

Hairmanban19

damolii wrote:

Ok everyone!!! I have finally finished my RPG!!! I am really excited. It's been a long time coming. I hope everyone likes it.I don't know if I'll continue making any more but please at least try it. The controls are X to save and Y to battle. Thank you!!!

Its cool but is this really the full game?

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

damolii

Hairmanban19 wrote:

damolii wrote:

Ok everyone!!! I have finally finished my RPG!!! I am really excited. It's been a long time coming. I hope everyone likes it.I don't know if I'll continue making any more but please at least try it. The controls are X to save and Y to battle. Thank you!!!

Its cool but is this really the full game?

No it's not. Sadly i don't think i will have enough time to finish the full game. High school is 2 days away, and I want to start focusing on a more complex programming language. I'm gradually going to loosen my grip on SMILEBASIC and go to C++ or something. I don' think I'll finish the game, though I just wanted everyone to see my work.

Edited on by damolii

BonChoi

Minecraft DS now has Randomized Splash Text! If you want your name in the splash text then say so!

Press B!

InsertPi

BonChoi wrote:

Minecraft DS now has Randomized Splash Text! If you want your name in the splash text then say so!

Do you mind posting what you have so far? We can consider it one of the snapshots for Beta 1.0. And also, I kinda have a set plan of development, so do you mind telling me what you're gonna make before you put it in?

Edited on by InsertPi

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

BonChoi

Oh and @damolii Do I have your permission to add your Minecraft song to Minecraft DS?

Press B!

damolii

BonChoi wrote:

Oh and @damolii Do I have your permission to add your Minecraft song to Minecraft DS?

Why not??!!! Go ahead. That was the main purpose for me making it anyhow. I'm glad someone likes it

EDIT: You might wanna change the instrument type though. It's using a percussive instrument right now, but you might wanna change it to some kind of piano. If you want to, that is.

Edited on by damolii

BonChoi

+Randomised Splash Text
+Textures for grass (8x8 and 16x16)
+Texture for wooden planks (16x16)
Still to code:
Revamped Menu.
In-game Music

As you can see, I'm more of an aesthetic guy

Edited on by BonChoi

Press B!

InsertPi

damolii wrote:

I'm gradually going to loosen my grip on SMILEBASIC and go to C++ or something. I don' think I'll finish the game, though I just wanted everyone to see my work.

SmileBASIC and C++ are so different, I find it easy to program in both. But let's not get into another debate about different languages...

BonChoi

@IAmAPerson Do you have an email?!? I've asked you but no response. I don't have swapnote.

Edited on by BonChoi

Press B!

InsertPi

BonChoi wrote:

+Randomised Splash Text
+Textures for grass (8x8 and 16x16)
+Texture for wooden planks (16x16)
Still to code:
Revamped Menu.

As you can see, I'm more of an aesthetic guy

Pretty cool. Do you mind if I do the menu? I kinda have an idea in mind. I'm gonna have "Minecraft DS" in black on the top screen, and a rotating world i the background.

InsertPi

BonChoi wrote:

@IAmAPerson Do you have an email?!? I've asked you but no response. I don't have weaponry.

I do but I don't give it out. You said you had a 3DS? Swapnote me.
Edit: Ohhh you don't have swapnote... Install it! It's 100% free

Edited on by InsertPi

BonChoi

I can't swapnote because my mother won't let me.

Press B!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic