Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 4,781 to 4,800 of 9,620

noxuss

Alright, I got everything figured out. Does anyone know how to edit the SPS? Because it is not in the chred that I know of.

noxuss

Slayer

Hairmanban19 wrote:

Whenever i hear that somebody is making a text game,i never get to play them! @IAmAPerson620 cancelled Person Text RPG,@KaizerD said he was making a choose your own adventure style text game but he hasn't posted here for a loooong time,some guy i don't remember the name of said he was making two text games that sounded fun but then he did the same thing that @KaizerD did! The only text game that i can look foward to is @Hale-Bopp's choose your own adventure style text game! But he probably won't be done with that in a long time.

@KaizerD's page says "Thank you, Mario, but that page is in another castle!"
I know that means 404 not found.

I have nothing really to say about myself.

Slayer

For some reason I never kept a collection of both MM2 PTC demos, so I scanned the first one today. Played it, noticed the differences between the two. These are the differences from real Megaman games, unless the first one came into play in MM4.

• Buster charging. In the Megaman games, you can hold the attack button and Megaman gets a colored outline of changing rainbow colors. Release the button and a bigger shot than a normal one fires, it's more powerful.
  • Items. There are items that give Megaman new abilities, mainly obtained by beating Robot Masters.

Slayer

@IAmAPerson I found a glitch in my latest update of Raycraft, but you should fix this in Minecraft DS if you haven't. I found a glitch where if you pause the game and select "Load Map" and not have the file, it crashes the game. That might even be a Petit Computer intention, I don't know.

Hairmanban19

NOOOOOOOOO!!!! Dang it! My progress on The Land of Verge got deleted!! It was probably my brother that plays on my 3DS. I had soooo much progress done on it,and each area took forever to program! Sorry guys,either its never gonna be finished or i'll just abandon it and make a different game.

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

Slayer

Hairmanban19 wrote:

NOOOOOOOOO!!!! Dang it! My progress on The Land of Verge got deleted!! It was probably my brother that plays on my 3DS. I had soooo much progress done on it,and each area took forever to program! Sorry guys,either its never gonna be finished or i'll just abandon it and make a different game.

D: I was looking forward to this!

ramstrong

Hairmanban19 wrote:

Whenever i hear that somebody is making a text game,i never get to play them! @IAmAPerson620 cancelled Person Text RPG,@KaizerD said he was making a choose your own adventure style text game but he hasn't posted here for a loooong time,some guy i don't remember the name of said he was making two text games that sounded fun but then he did the same thing that @KaizerD did! The only text game that i can look foward to is @Hale-Bopp's choose your own adventure style text game! But he probably won't be done with that in a long time.

I have a design for CYOA type game for a long time. But I need to finish Virtual Keyboard, Turtle Graphic, and maybe Piano program first. Please be patient!

Morphtorok wrote:

I couldn't find a picture of an Octorok in a top hat

??
But you know how to draw. Can't you just draw one?

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

ramstrong

Gimmemorecoinz wrote:

noxuss wrote:

I've been searching for a tutorial on various places, yet I still do not know how to create multiple objects using the same sprite. Like, if I wanted a ton of bad guys (who are all identical) surely I wouldn't have to write code for every single one. i'm guesing it has to do with arrays, but those still confuse me :/

This is a complex topic.. if you just want them displayed graphicaly no. if you want them all moving around and whatnot. yes.
You would need to write code for every single one. but if you used an array to store their X and Y and a for loop to tel them to move
and if you used something like this

For sprite=1 to 10
spset sprite, 0, 2, 0, 0, 0, 0
next sprite
'it would set them

you can learn more from the petit computer guide on SPRITE and sprites

It's not complex. I have multiple bullets and bad guys in my WITCH program, and I don't even use arrays. The sprite system is really powerful in its own right, you can just use standard coding to craft some mildly complex behavior. There's even a system of variables attached to the sprites. So, that's enough for a lot of sprite manipulations, without using arrays.

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

noxuss

ramstrong, can I have a link to that witch program?

noxuss

noxuss

ramstrong wrote:

It's on QR sharing thread. I also reposted it on Tutorial thread. Look for WITCH 0.5
https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/dsiware/petite_computer_qr...

Got it! That was helpful, I like your programming sryle, it's very clean .

Another question for anyone, how complicated would it be to snap sprites to divisions of 16x16? I'm making a 2d block game, and it would look a lottttt neater if I could do that.

noxuss

randomous

@Morphtorok Actually, I found the midi file laying around on the internet (don't know who made it), and it just so happened that it was in a format that could be converted to PTC MML nicely.

randomous

Slayer

Ah, now I have good news.
I downloaded PTCUtilities and got a sprite I was looking at for a long time. The revolver. I will use it for Apocalypse Rising, if anyone's wondering why it's useful.
I absolutely have to get these animations done, I'll look up the code for it.
EDIT: Alright, SPANIM confirmed. How do I animate the sprite? I know it's through the given number of frames, but I mean do I need another sprite with it in the second stage walking, or what?

Edited on by Slayer

noxuss

slayer wrote:

I downloaded PTCUtilities and got a sprite I was looking at for a long time. The revolver. I will use it for Apocalypse Rising, if anyone's wondering why it's useful.
EDIT: Alright, SPANIM confirmed. How do I animate the sprite? I know it's through the given number of frames, but I mean do I need another sprite with it in the second stage walking, or what?

I'm not sure if this answers your question, but you will need a different sprite for each frame. say for instance, you were using a shooting animation. In this case SPRITE 10 will be the gun (Not firing or anything).
If you wanted 4 frames, sprites 11, 12, 13, 14 would be the character numbers used for the animation.

For example, in the default sprites, character numbers 64-67 are the frames of animation of the default boy walking to the right.

noxuss

Slayer

noxuss wrote:

slayer wrote:

I'm not sure if this answers your question, but you will need a different sprite for each frame. say for instance, you were using a shooting animation. In this case SPRITE 10 will be the gun (Not firing or anything).
If you wanted 4 frames, sprites 11, 12, 13, 14 would be the character numbers used for the animation.

For example, in the default sprites, character numbers 64-67 are the frames of animation of the default boy walking to the right.

Yes, it answers my question. Thank you.
Anyway, I got mad because I can't make that jump in Megaman 2 at the first stage with the platforms and the frogs, so I played Village. I bought the shovel and watering can and paid to help the shopkeeper with the building mover. I was left with 570 money. But I raised enough to buy the shovel and watering can, then I dug a retractor and got more money. A lot more money. I have 27220 money right now.
EDIT: I WILL buy that golden statue!

Edited on by Slayer

Slayer

Nice joke with the Onyx.
Hey, it's Onyx!
I choose you!

Hairmanban19

slayer wrote:

Hairmanban19 wrote:

Well,i'm glad at least SOMEONE was looking foward to it! Nobody else really cared for it.

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

randomous

@slayer Lol I'm glad you find that one amusing. Thanks for playing!

randomous

twinArmageddons

Hairmanban19 wrote:

slayer wrote:

Hairmanban19 wrote:

Well,i'm glad at least SOMEONE was looking foward to it! Nobody else really cared for it.

i was looking forward to it too ;~;

get in loser we're going titan hunting

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0639-8952 | Nintendo Network ID: merp_aottg

Slayer

Hairmanban19 wrote:

slayer wrote:

Hairmanban19 wrote:

Kind of what I thought for my games, but Waffle wants Gladiators out and cmart wants Apocalypse Rising out. There are more people following the development of this project than you think...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic