Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 2,401 to 2,420 of 9,620

Pixelrobin

@petithead, I cannot scan right now. There is a contest that Me and a few others are entering. It ends in 8 days. Kinda busy. Happy to help with anything I could though.

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

Sgt_Cola

bluerobin2 wrote:

@petithead, I cannot scan right now. There is a contest that Me and a few others are entering. It ends in 8 days. Kinda busy. Happy to help with anything I could though.

Well, I don't really know alot about it but OK. Good luck! also, can I join? I will enter In JART 1,2 & 3.

Edited on by Sgt_Cola

Sgt_Cola

Pixelrobin

@petithead, it has to be something with one minute. Go to page 92 for a link. I doubt jart would be enter-able but you can probably make an awesome text adventure game...

Sgt_Cola

bluerobin2 wrote:

@petithead, it has to be something with one minute. Go to page 92 for a link. I doubt jart would be enter-able but you can probably make an awesome text adventure game...

Awesome Idea! I have experience with the location command, bgm commands, print, IF THEN ELSE & variables.
EDIT: & some more. This would be my reaction If it wouldn't work. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZRKozAzZmY

Edited on by Sgt_Cola

Sgt_Cola

Gimmemorecoinz

bluerobin2 wrote:

I've been a little busy I haven't gotten a chance to look at the QR codes yet for coral maze, can someone direct me to where I can find them?

Got a project? PM ME on here!
Youtube: lostkitty64x
Want help with coding? PM ME! PM ME PM ME!! XD
FC: WIll post later.
Systems I own: ds lite, 3DS, PC/gaming, steam platform. I play alot of games. Just ask ! Minecraft anyone? :D

Sgt_Cola

Gimmemorecoinz wrote:

bluerobin2 wrote:

I've been a little busy I haven't gotten a chance to look at the QR codes yet for coral maze, can someone direct me to where I can find them?

I think I will make a Text/Adventure game. were you can move your Character/Font around finding clues. wait, It has to be made In ONE minute? If not, I will make it within 8 days for sure (Hopefully). could you direct me to were you would enter the contest?

Edited on by Sgt_Cola

Sgt_Cola

Eel

The contest theme is "fun in one minute".... A Gallery could actually keep you entertained during one minute or more.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

SwerdMurd

Discostew wrote:

It was only the noise which I had to deal with, to which I had to make an estimate with the 2nd mode, and simply use the "white noise" that was part of hte audio hardware.

Gooootcha. Haven't used Petit - and haven't written true MML in....man, like 15 years? I used to use it in the QBasic days...

So I take it there's no way to simulate the PCM "drum" channel from NES, or the VR7 expansion famicom stuff? No drums, no love, imo.

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

randomous

Alright, I need to study for my finals instead of making these haha. But it's so much fun! Here's the original Legend of Zelda Overworld song (the one everybody knows):

Untitled

This one, although a more simple song than the Super Mario Bros 2 theme, was trickier than the rest because it seems like all the sheet music was made for a more grandiose version. Either it was someone's interpretation of the song or things were added/changed to sound more like a certain game. Oh well, in the end, I used this mostly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpEzYEoV9qY

Original song composed by Koji Kondo.

Edited on by randomous

randomous

Pixelrobin

Gimmemorecoinz wrote:

The main game, you can find in the qr code sharing thread and the sprites are on this thread, but a few pages back from my previous Coral maze post. Do not scan the program there only the bgf. Again, you can find the program [maze11] in the qr code sharing thread posted by @ramstrong. You may have to zoom in to scan though...

Anonymous_Ninja

hey randomnouscrap if i can make a request, could you make the wispy woods battle music from the original kirby? my game is almost done and that is the last major thing i need. if not ill try, but mml is the only command that confuses me to no end. if i took the time i could learn it but im too lazy to do that anytime soon.

nope, no signature here...
I lied, here's my friend code: 2406-5448-5608

ramstrong

bluerobin2 wrote:

Also if anyone deserves banning, it should be me. I started the whole mess and it was all my fault.

Don't be too hard on yourself. If anybody started claiming to be my friend, and started speaking for me without permission, I'd get upset, too. Also, baseless accusation gets my riled up. It happened before. TBD had to clean up the mess then, too. No worries, mate. Be happy.

Bug? Gee that's strange. My programs usually don't have bugs. (checks) Oh, dear. You're right! Fixed. Also, I thought I put Morphtroid name on there. Didn't see it. Fixed. Also, I changed the ending a little bit so it plays BGM 6 Game Over. Always wanted to do that. In fact, I just remembered that I do have a paint program that I can use to draw. And I always wanted to try out the package saving deal. MAZE12 is coming up. If you see CORAL.ZIP, that'll be the package deal that will be submitted to the competition.

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

Pixelrobin

@ramstrong great! It just needs to be more for the eyes. Who's good at gui? It also needs better sounds (@randomouscrap98?) Maybe you could fix up a nice water themed song. Also thank you TBD For cleaning this mess up.

Discostew

SwerdMurd wrote:

Discostew wrote:

It was only the noise which I had to deal with, to which I had to make an estimate with the 2nd mode, and simply use the "white noise" that was part of hte audio hardware.

Gooootcha. Haven't used Petit - and haven't written true MML in....man, like 15 years? I used to use it in the QBasic days...

So I take it there's no way to simulate the PCM "drum" channel from NES, or the VR7 expansion famicom stuff? No drums, no love, imo.

Pretty much. It's rather limiting unless you're an expert at using such stuff along with ADSR. I know I'm not. I got what I needed, and left the rest alone. Other than the supplied PSGs and noise, you've got the slew of Midi-like instruments at your disposal, which are good, but you're locked into using them.

MM2PTC continues to be developed, and I began testing just how many 8x8 "compressed" graphic cells into a single GRP, and right now with almost the entire sprite collection for the game, I'm at 3152 blocks, taking up just under 40KB, about 10KB under the max size of a GRP (and roughly 31 QR codes). If the graphic cells were decompressed, they'd take up roughly 101KB, so I think I'm doing pretty well so far. Maybe at some point, I'll figure out how to reduce it even further, but for now, it looks like it'll be good enough to store all my data (not code) into the 4 available GRPs.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Sgt_Cola

Also, does anybody know how to move fonts around? E.G have a face font move around an area. I have heard of the X=1 & Y=2 statements. Variables?

Sgt_Cola

boot

I made a big radio app out of the three SONGS! the Mario theme zelda theme and poke.on theme plus an extra!how do I post qrs?

Just your average talking boot. FC: 0791-4881-1672 for Smash and Pokemon.

3DS Friend Code: 0791-4881-1672

randomous

@Anonymous_Ninja Wow, that song is very hard! Kirby songs are all pretty ridiculous, so I don't know if I'm proficient enough to do that one yet. I'm sorry!

@bluerobin2 I can try to make something. I'm not sure how it will turn out, so I apologize in advance if it's not all that great.

randomous

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic