Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 1,781 to 1,800 of 9,620

Hairmanban19

portealmario wrote:

Can someone suggest a project for me to try out? I haven't made much, so I need to start on something. Also, I'm not good with sprites yet.

I was thinking about a side scroller a little like Portal.

Edited on by Hairmanban19

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

bigdog00

portealmario wrote:

How do you make an fps? Are you using trigonometry?

Yes, I am using a bit.

I like petit computer! Asphault 3d is awesome!

3DS Friend Code: 0473-8697-6288 | Twitter:

Justlink

hey guys, ive been reading your posts and playing most of the games you put up, and have learnd a lot from them. im only a kid with a dream, so could u guys help me?

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

IAmSpike

justlink wrote:

hey guys, ive been reading your posts and playing most of the games you put up, and have learnd a lot from them. im only a kid with a dream, so could u guys help me?

Welcome.
And, help you with what, exactly?

Edited on by IAmSpike

Previously Philip.

The most paranoid person on the net!

3DS Friend Code: 0559-7022-5853

Justlink

hey,mostly everything but spset and gotos. right now im building a zelda game and have barely got past the title. it takes place before ss

Edited on by Justlink

IAmSpike

Hm... maybe I should make a BASIC tutorial on PTC.

Previously Philip.

The most paranoid person on the net!

3DS Friend Code: 0559-7022-5853

swordx

justlink wrote:

hey,mostly everything but spset and gotos. right now im building a zelda game and have barely got past the title. it takes place before ss

I'll explain two commands:

1. GOSUB is used in a manner similar to GOTO. The only difference is that you can use the RETURN command to bring you back to where you used the GOSUB command.

2. SPOFS is used to move the sprite's location.

EXAMPLE: SPOFS 0,0,100 will place the sprite with the control number 0 around the left-middle part of the screen.

swordx

Justlink

ill ask when it comes along

Justlink

i know most sprite controls, but not collision boxes

thanks for the gosub thing. doesnt it hold storage or memory too?

Edited on by Justlink

bigdog00

Here is the new "Cincos Double Pack Platinum Edition" Files. Again, sorry, I can't update QuickTime on my PC, which prevents me (somehow) from generating QR codes, or even better yet, even opening PTCUtilities.
Sorry, I understand it is a pain in the Ftttttttt.
http://www.mediafire.com/#4bdn54ct5rkkt
By the way, I am turning this in for my Independent study in our Art Class! I know it's GUI Isn't the best... but oh well...
Oh yeah, and this one comes with 3DCARRC2 (The 3d car racer game) and my very own little alarm clock (Has some easter eggs/hidden features in it).
ONE LAST THING: FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE CURIOUS: YOU CAN TRY THE PROGRAM CALLED "LOCKUPDS" BUT IT DOES EXACTLY WHAT IT SAYS: LOCKS UP PETIT COMPUTER AND FORCES YOU TO RESTART IT. MAKE SURE YOU SAVE ALL WORK BEFORE OPENING IT.

bigdog00

Also @EVERYONE OR ANYONE, especaily @Morphoid, can someone PLEASE help me with Trigonometry? I don't quite understand it all, let's say for an enemy and/or his AI. How do I make him react to, for example, noticing you for the first time? That would be when you shoot him for the first time.

Eel

Does it really lock up the DS? Have you tried pressing Select?

Petit computer is kinda designed to be unfreezable.

Edit: It's been years since I took trigonometry, I'm afraid I don't remember a thing I'd need to refresh my mind myself.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

bigdog00

hairmanban19 wrote:

portealmario wrote:

Can someone suggest a project for me to try out? I haven't made much, so I need to start on something. Also, I'm not good with sprites yet.

I was thinking about a side scroller a little like Portal.

I know this is not the place for it, but please add me to your 3ds friends list. I added you!

bigdog00

Morphtroid wrote:

Does it really lock up the DS? Have you tried pressing Select?

Petit computer is kinda designed to be unfreezable.

Edit: It's been years since I took trigonometry, I'm afraid I don't remember a thing I'd need to refresh my mind myself.

no, IT literally locks up the whole app.
Please try it and tell me what you think of it. Sorry that PTCUtilities won't work for me...
Edit: I meant please try the new Cincos Double Pack Platinum Edition (Yes it is a long and elaborate name to make it sound cool)

Edited on by bigdog00

Justlink

i think its cool, its like hacking the 3ds

bigdog00

justlink wrote:

i think its cool, its like hacking the 3ds

what is? The thing that locks up the ds? Yeah, I thought about using that to exploit the 3ds' kernal and then launch homebrew (I'm not in it for the piracy)

seasickelf10

I've been playing around with that raycaster that we saw a while back and I thought "I could make a very simple 3d game with this." I'm working on a forest themed map, but could someone experiment with it and see if they could add mobile entities, more actions, and maybe speeding it up a bit without sacrificing graphics quality? I know this is a lot to ask but i'm sure someone could help me improve the raycaster at least. Still a novice at this ^^"

Edited on by seasickelf10

3ds friend code : 3110–3945–6092
id: Ren

3DS Friend Code: 3110-3945-6092

bigdog00

RENeare239 wrote:

i've been playing around with that raycaster that we saw a while back and I thought "I could a very simple 3d game with this." I'm working on a forest themed map, but could someone experiment with it and see if they could add mobile entities, more actions, and maybee speeding it up a bit without sacrificing graphics quality? I know this is a lot to ask but i'm sure someone could help me improve the raycaster at least. Still a novice at this ^^"

Well, I kinda need that for my new FPS...

seasickelf10

did you post somethimg about that? I might of missed it. also: is transperancy possible, and if so, with what value?

3ds friend code : 3110–3945–6092
id: Ren

3DS Friend Code: 3110-3945-6092

Justlink

@bigdoog10
didnt mean to offend you but its better than not knowing to program at all. just think, you outsmarted the 3ds scientists

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic