Forums

Topic: DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 761 to 780 of 789

Socar

A few have said great things about Meteos. Is it really worth getting that game?

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

http://bittypix.blogspot.com

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

miiandmario

Artwark wrote:

A few have said great things about Meteos. Is it really worth getting that game?

I would also like to know this I have never played it but am interested. The game is fairly cheap and has stellar reviews. Not to mention it is designed by Masahiro Sakurai.

Fan of the classics.
3DS FC: 2852-9290-8506
Wii U Name: MiiandMario

EndlessFrontier

Lunar Knights is a continuation of the Boktai series from the GBA, and it's a wonderful action RPG would recommend.

"Hey, Sleeping Booty."

Late

Has anyone ever played Jam With The Band? I always thought the games starring Barbara the Bat (who appears as a Brawl assist trophy and Mii Plaza Hat) were Japan only but yesterday I discovered that the deluxe version of the first game was also released in Europe. I love rhythm games. Is this as enjoyable experience as Elite Beat Agents, Osu Tatakae Ouendan and Rhythm Heaven/Paradise? It looks like it's only 10€ so I'll most likely buy it regardless but I wanted to hear about it before I buy it.

It's weird that there's a game from Nintendo that I've never heard anyone talk about. Might be because it was released 5 years ago and it was never released in NA.

I programmed a simple tool that copies all Switch screenshots from an SD card and places them to folders according to the game:
Link

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

KingMike

Latest DS purchase Devil Survivor 1 and StarFox Command cards.
Hopefully I can find case/manual sets to complete them.
(I see a Devil Survivor 2 set on ebay but I think I have that one sealed already )

KingMike

Rumorlife

Recommending "Ganbare Goemon: Tōkai Dōchū Ōedo Tengu ri Kaeshi no Maki" for anyone who can get their hands on a copy of this game. A Japan only Mystical Ninja game for the DS from 2005! Language might be a barrier for some unless you can translate or read it yourself, but it's really fun and looks beautiful, and what I can get out of the text is amusing and humorous. It plays like an N64 Mystical Ninja but with many NES/SNES elements. Too bad they never brought this to the west...

Rumorlife

Fiyaball

I just got a copy of Solatorobo from my local gamestop yesterday (had to get it shipped from a store near Nashville); really enjoying it so far.

Fiyaball

Rachie

Someone recommended Golden Sun- Dark Dawn to me. Is it any good?

Rachie

TomAwsm

Reviving this, it is stickied after all

Got a 3DS for Christmas, and since I never owned a DS I've picked up a few second hand DS games. I recommend all of these:

Super Mario 64 DS - Nostalgia at its best if you ever played it as a kid on N64.
Worms Open Warfare 1 & 2 - Everything you love about Worms games, on a handheld game.
GTA Chinatown Wars - As good as GTA gets on DS graphics, and it's actually decent.
Tony Hawk's American Sk8land - Also mostly for nostalgia, but this is the best skate experience on DS.

Currently playing: Pokemon Y, Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Super Mario 64 DS

3DS Friend Code: 1521-7764-1263 | Nintendo Network ID: TomAwsm1

peloxbol

Rachie wrote:

Someone recommended Golden Sun- Dark Dawn to me. Is it any good?

I recommend it! Awesome game!!!

peloxbol

Vinny

Big Bang Mini is a really underrated 2D shooter where you use your styles to shoot fireworks into enemies. Very unique concept, aesthetics and gameplay.

Radiant Historia is a great turn based RPG with an unique grid system. Its plot involves time travel and it's pretty great. Soundtrack by Yoko Shimomura, you can instantly recognize it.

Galaxy Wars Galaxies is a twin stick shooter, except you use your stylus instead of a second stick.
There's a bit of slowdown here and there but it's still very playable.

The DS is one of the my favorite Nintendo consoles, for sure! Its library was huge both in quality and quantity and there's also quite a lot of hidden gems.

Edited on by Vinny

The years keep coming and they don't stop coming.

Discord: This cord
Tumblr: Where I post... stuff.

maceng

@Frosty_09 Some really good gems in there.

For rpgs fans, Lunar Knights, Knight in the Nightmare, Solatorobo (the only one from the list I don't have currently) and Super Robot Taisen Og are highly recommended.

Also, the Sonic Rush and the Henry hatsworth games are so underrated it makes me almost cry.

I remember paying 35 bucks for a new Chinatown Wars about a year ago. Also highly recommended.

Edited on by maceng

maceng

andrew20

I want to know is okamiden a good game also Pokémon ranger

andrew20

3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

Tyranexx

@andrew20: Okamiden is a really good game, one I would definitely recommend. If you haven't played its predecessor Okami though, I recommend picking that up as well, and playing it first for story reasons; IMO Okami is the better of the two. Both games are beautiful and very steeped in Japanese/Shinto mythology, and have quite a charming story and humor besides.

I've only played the first Pokemon Ranger, and while not a perfect game, it's one of the better spinoffs. Capturing Pokemon with the capture line (AKA drawing the stylus around them in circles) can be quite challenging. You can use said captured Pokemon in an area to solve environmental puzzles and to assist you in "befriending" other Pokemon in the area. Once you leave an area, those Pokémon are returned to the wild. The story is nothing to write home about, but it is passable.

As with my many other recommendations, if you're not sure if you'll like a game, I recommend trying to find some gameplay videos of earlier parts of the games and watching them to see if they're to your liking.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Video Corner: Link Vs. Pit
Currently playing: Xenoblade Chronicles X, Tri Force Heroes

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

andrew20

Also anyone do they have good 3D platformers on the DS

andrew20

3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

Late

@andrew20 I've played all 3 Pokémon Ranger games. I like Shadows of Almia the most. The battles are great and I like the characters but the story is simple and the kind of humor the game has is not for everyone (bit childish at times).

As for 3D platformers, I can't recommend any games other than Super Mario 64 DS. I don't think I own any others even though I have quite good collection of DS games. The console wasn't really designed for 3D platformers.

I programmed a simple tool that copies all Switch screenshots from an SD card and places them to folders according to the game:
Link

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Tyranexx

Super Mario 64 DS is the only 3D platformer on the DS that I've played, though a quick Google search has shown that there may be a few movie licensed games (like Meet The Robinsons) that fit the criteria.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Video Corner: Link Vs. Pit
Currently playing: Xenoblade Chronicles X, Tri Force Heroes

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

annawini

DS games are worthy the price or not? I have the 3DS console but want to play ds games too.

annawini

gcunit

@annawini Depends on the game and the price somewhat, I think. If you find a copy of 'Deal or No Deal' for sale at $200, I don't think that's worth the price.

Use the 'ignore' button, it works.

Currently playing: Rocket League; Splatoon 2; Super Mario Odyssey; Xenoblade Chronicles; Fire Emblem; Suikoden; Kirby Triple Deluxe; ICO; Gravity Rush; Ratchet & Clank; Red Faction: Guerilla; Fez; FIFA 18

Nothing is true; Everything is permitted.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic