DSi / DS Forum

Topic: DS Recommendations Thread

Showing 741 to 748 of 748

AuthorMessage

Tops

741. Posted:

If I've played Rune Factory 4 and then decide to get the earlier ones will they feel archaic and dated in comparison? Sort of like starting with a new Pokémon and then trying to play the originals (even if the difference isn't as large)?

Formerly: LaytonApprentice; TopLaytonsHat

AuthorMessage

Thanks4Tip

742. Posted:

Hey guys! I just found out about this game recommendation thread, so I'm just gonna go ahead and post my thread description in here. I'm looking for a game that is engrossing like Pokemon; something you can dump hours and hours into, and something with a lot of replay value. Something that you get attached to and lose yourself in the world of the game. Like Pokemon! Basically I'm looking for an engrossing game that I can really feel involved in, with a lot of replay value. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance!

Edited on by Thanks4Tip

Thanks4Tip

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

743. Posted:

Everything Dragon Quest is a good start. IV, V, VI, IX, they're all good choices. Rune Factory 3 can also be heavily engrossing from my experience.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

744. Posted:

@Thanks4Tip: I always found the Harvest Moon games pretty engrossing. There are a few of those on the DS.

Edited on by Tasuki

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

745. Posted:

I totally forgot Harvest Moon. Most are great :D

I recommend Harvest Moon Sunshine Islands and Harvest Moon Tale of Two Towns.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

Thanks4Tip

746. Posted:

I see, I see... Do those games have the replay value that Pokemon has? Like in Pokemon you can breed, trade, battle, collect, explore, compete in contests, and of course there's EV and IV training and competitive battling/team composition, which brings in a whole new world of replay value. Do the games suggested above have those qualities? I feel like games that do are hard to come by, but when I find one I can lose myself in it for hours.

Thanks4Tip

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

747. Posted:

Yes. Especially Rune Factory, which is Harvest moon with even more things to do. Oh, and I also forgot to mention Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2. Wich is a blatant Pokemon clone, but with Dragon Quest.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Thanks4Tip

748. Posted:

Wow, okay, lots of games to add to my list. So if you could pick ONE game out of the recommendations for me to pick up according to my descriptions from the suggestions above, which would it be? Something with the engrossing, varied replay value found in Pokemon.

Edit. Thanks so much for all the help and suggestions!

Second Edit How is the replay value of the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games?

Edited on by Thanks4Tip

Thanks4Tip