Forums

Topic: Dragon Quest 9: Sentinels of the Starry Skies

Posts 321 to 340 of 520

Hokori

I just got it and...... Sorry to say a 9/10 is not right at all....... Its more of A 10/10

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

MERG

Gotcha. I was confused...what can I say, it's Monday.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

edhe

Arrrgghhhh!!!

Question. How many slimedrops did you have to steal from a Slime King to get your second Slime Crown? (my first stolen crown was from earlier in the game, when I wasn't trying desperately to get one)

I'm currently trying to get 3 slime crowns, but all I seem to get are slimedrops (I've stolen well over a hundred drops and not a single crown!!)

I tried turning my characters all into thieves, so that they can steal easier, and their coup de grace can help a little in giving more drops (and my thief with his scroll) but I still can't get a crown.

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Redhawk

I got my slime crowns from DQVC, but they aren't doing the slime theme any more. Actually, the best way to get them is from metal king slimes, but those are hard to get. King cure slimes are the second best. King slimes are the third best, so just keep trying!

Edited on by Redhawk

Redhawk

edhe

Redhawk wrote:

I got my slime crowns from DQVC, but they aren't doing the slime theme any more. Actually, the best way to get them is from metal king slimes, but those are hard to get. King cure slimes are the second best. King slimes are the third best, so just keep trying!

Are Slime Crowns the common loot from Metal Slime Kings?
Are Metal Slime Kings as shy as any other metal slime?

If the answer to both of these are yes and no respectively, I'm giving up trying to get them from regular kings.
(Question 2, RE their shyness, it wouldn't be such a bad thing if I can get some steals in before they ran away)

But If they were available on the DQVC, I'd totally be able to afford them - just so long as they don't cost 300,000 each...

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Redhawk

edhe wrote:

Redhawk wrote:

Are Slime Crowns the common loot from Metal Slime Kings?
Are Metal Slime Kings as shy as any other metal slime?

If the answer to both of these are yes and no respectively, I'm giving up trying to get them from regular kings.
(Question 2, RE their shyness, it wouldn't be such a bad thing if I can get some steals in before it ran away)

1. Yes
2. Not sure (I was one rank away from getting them), I think that they will be shy, but maybe not as shy as the other metal slimes (it may depend on your level).

Redhawk

Birdman

@RedHawk - Didn't get around to this sooner. You should totally switch your Mage to a Sage. Kazing, Multiheal, the Sage's bonuses and the later Zam spells are totally worth it, not even to mention Twocus Pocus. Just be sure to maximize out your wand, priest and mage trees, as those all help a lot with the lack of the priest's later spells. As for your Warrior, it's totally fine to stay as one, as they're pretty awesome. Switch to Gladitor if you want more offense (though omnivocationalize your shield first), or paladin if you want more team supporting options. As for your priest, provided you can keep up your team's health with Multiheal, a Sage isn't a bad option. I'd keep your Armamentalist the way it is, as it's the only vocation besides the Mage that gets Oomph. Hope that helps. I have an OST that can break down the vocations even more than that if you want.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

LaytonAprentice wrote:

Is it normal for there to sometimes be no blue chests in a grotto?

Yes, that's normal. Probably only for low-level maps.

Put your analyst on danger money, baby.

Birdman

@LaytonApprentice - I've never had that happen to me before, but I guess it's possible in lower-level grottos. I'd only keep that if that was the only map you had with that boss, otherwise, throw it away.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

turtlelink

Am I the only one trying to beat the game with one person? I'm a little lazy to go make a teammate and level him up to around lvl 25 the least by now.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Birdman

@turtlelink - I wouldn't be surprised if you are right now. If you've reached the Bad Cave, try finding Metal Medleys there to level up, as they have a lot of experience.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

Fuzzy

I wouldnt have the patience to go through the game with one character. Sounds worse than endless grinding with 4 characters. I got smashed by the Wight Knight with one character

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

sykotek

@turtlelink: I don't think its possible to beat the game with one person. I'd love to be proven wrong otherwise, but later bosses get 2 turns and that'd be a death sentence to a single character at any level. Your secondary characters level up quite quickly, you should do that lest you wish to not enjoy your purchase.

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

CanisWolfred

Alright, I just added it to my wishlist. Now starting the countdown: T minus 9 years, 11 months, and 29 days until I actually get it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

turtlelink

Lol so i guess my One Man Army thing might be tough to pull through.

TurtleLink's backloggery

turtlelink

LaytonAprentice wrote:

@turtlelink lol so are you making more party members?

I made one after I fought the white knight, but it was taking too long to level him up to my standards so I just left him at the hotel. He'll come back after I get REALLY frustrated with a boss.

TurtleLink's backloggery

Fuzzy

I've found that my characters seemed to level up evenly when I had them in my party. Eg my warrior caught up to being the same level as my Mage after a while.

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

Magi

So I bit the bullet and hopped on amazon and bought the game. Rave reviews and only $25 ("certified used"). I figure I can't go wrong. Now to hijack one of my kids DS's...

Magi

LzWinky

I love Jafar, my magic user (originality ftw)!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

sykotek

I have played DQIX for over 320 hours, I've maxed out all of the attributes (level 99 for every vocation + 1 revocation) for 4/6 of my characters. I just started working on the 2nd revocation set for jobs of my main character (+2 shows next to different vocations).

After playing the game for so long, I've observed a few things that might be helpful to people who are at lower levels/just starting. Things I would do differently if I knew them from the beginning would be to dump all attribute points into the vocational exclusive/non-weapon, 5th categories (Litheness for Minstrel for example) until they reach 100 then switch jobs and repeat (you get 100 attribute points at around level 35 give or take). The passive extra stat bonuses carry over between different vocations and would be very helpful for later bosses in the game as well as when you finally hit the grottoes.

I know this information will most likely be more helpful to people who have not changed their vocation yet or those early in the game, so if you know it already, you're probably too far into the game for it to be useful to you. It is definitely a waste to put points into weapons you do not need/use, although omnivocational shields are a must have for all your characters. Definitely put all the points you get into the 5th category for every vocation first is my suggestion. You should find battles easier to manage if you're being wiped out or finding you need to grind a lot for levels.

@turtlelink: Your team members won't gain levels at the inn, it really is a better idea to just have a full compliment with you, they do take a little while to level up, but they catch up relatively quickly. You'll be stuck mindlessly grinding for hours upon hours later on if you don't just bring them along with you now while you're at an earlier part of the game since the highest level characters get the most exp. It'll probably take you 30 minutes to an hour to get them to a respectable level for the part of the game you're currently at, but if you do it Rambo style, you'll be stuck grinding for a lot longer later, perhaps a few hours-a day, unless you have access to MKS floor grottoes before your party members can match your level. Trust me, you won't enjoy that, just sayin. =)

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.