DSi / DS Forum

Topic: Dragon Quest 9: Sentinels of the Starry Skies

Showing 321 to 340 of 541

AuthorMessage

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

321. Posted:

MERG wrote:

So...does completing each treasure map simply lead to another treasure map?

Yes, and possibly the boss will drop some treasure.

Put your analyst on danger money, baby.

AuthorMessage

MERG

322. Posted:

So, are they for grinding purposes only?

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

AuthorMessage

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

323. Posted:

Birdman13 wrote:

For those of you who have a grotto with Metal King Slimes and/or Platinum King Jewels, what level is it?

The first map I got with MKS was level 50. Haven't got any PKJs yet.

AuthorMessage

Birdman

324. Posted:

@Zaphod - Well, I'm in the mid-fifties right now, so now I have hope!

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

325. Posted:

MERG wrote:

So, are they for grinding purposes only?

The maps? Yeah. But not just for experience points. There are also things you can only get from blue chests in the deeper floors of high-level maps.

AuthorMessage

MERG

326. Posted:

Gotcha...thanks.

AuthorMessage

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

327. Posted:

If you are curious, here's a wiki which lists the contents of the chests you can find in grottoes. Because some items are unique to a particular rank of chest, you can work backwards to figure out the rank of the chests you find. That way you can determine which chests are worth revisiting.

http://dragonquest.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_treasure_map_treasu...

Edited on by Zaphod_Beeblebrox

AuthorMessage

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

328. Posted:

Birdman13 wrote:

Well, I'm in the mid-fifties right now, so now I have hope!

Do you have any level 50+ water maps with Slugly Betsies or Moai Minstrels? If you do, run around on the deepest level (just above the boss) and you should also find an MKS. That's not necessarily the only kind of floor on which you'll find an MKS but it's one of them.

AuthorMessage

Birdman

329. Posted:

@Zaphod - As a matter of fact, no, I don't have any maps like the one you described. If what you're saying is true, it's only a matter of time, I guess.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

AuthorMessage

Birdman

330. Posted:

Well , I'm beyond psyched right now, as I got a Metal King Slime map!!!! Also, the boss is the Trauminator, and there's 24 treasure chests in the grotto! Now to get more skill points for Hatchet Man or Thunder Thrust, albeit with Liquid Metal Slimes, as those Metal King Slimes, Slugly Betties and Moai Menstrels pack some serious punches (how I beat the Luminary quest, I don't know).

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

AuthorMessage

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

331. Posted:

Congratulations!

AuthorMessage

MERG

332. Posted:

Okay...so I am at the Realm of the Mighty, making my way up, but I was wondering...should I have a priest in my party? I've made it this far without one.

AuthorMessage

Redhawk

333. Posted:

I finally got the oh-no bow (which I made into Odin's bow through alchemy) and a metal king shield! I also was one rank away from getting metal king slimes!

After I get my party to level 99 (I have a armamentalist, a mage, a priest, and a warrior), I was thinking of changing vocations. My mage would become a sage and my warrior would become either a gladiator or paladin. Which one should my warrior be, and should I keep my armamentalist and priest?

Edited on by Redhawk

Redhawk

AuthorMessage

MERG

334. Posted:

Level 99?!?!?! How many hours have you logged on the game?

AuthorMessage

Redhawk

335. Posted:

Oh, I meant when I get level 99 (my party is around level 70). I think I have logged in around 115 hours.

EDIT: I just checked and found out i have played around 140 hours.

Edited on by Redhawk

Redhawk

AuthorMessage

Hokori

336. Posted:

I just got it and...... Sorry to say a 9/10 is not right at all....... Its more of A 10/10 :)

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

MERG

337. Posted:

Gotcha. I was confused...what can I say, it's Monday.

AuthorMessage

edhe

338. Posted:

Arrrgghhhh!!!

Question. How many slimedrops did you have to steal from a Slime King to get your second Slime Crown? (my first stolen crown was from earlier in the game, when I wasn't trying desperately to get one)

I'm currently trying to get 3 slime crowns, but all I seem to get are slimedrops (I've stolen well over a hundred drops and not a single crown!!)

I tried turning my characters all into thieves, so that they can steal easier, and their coup de grace can help a little in giving more drops (and my thief with his scroll) but I still can't get a crown.

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery
Wii #: 2706 9539 1977 4210
Yes. I have Wii Music
Edwardpon playplay Xenoblade Chronicles
WarioWare D.I.Y
Even I don't know how to pronounce my username
Follow a cow?

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260 | Nintendo Network ID: edhe84

AuthorMessage

Redhawk

339. Posted:

I got my slime crowns from DQVC, but they aren't doing the slime theme any more. Actually, the best way to get them is from metal king slimes, but those are hard to get. King cure slimes are the second best. King slimes are the third best, so just keep trying!

Edited on by Redhawk

Redhawk

AuthorMessage

edhe

340. Posted:

Redhawk wrote:

I got my slime crowns from DQVC, but they aren't doing the slime theme any more. Actually, the best way to get them is from metal king slimes, but those are hard to get. King cure slimes are the second best. King slimes are the third best, so just keep trying!

Are Slime Crowns the common loot from Metal Slime Kings?
Are Metal Slime Kings as shy as any other metal slime?

If the answer to both of these are yes and no respectively, I'm giving up trying to get them from regular kings.
(Question 2, RE their shyness, it wouldn't be such a bad thing if I can get some steals in before they ran away)

But If they were available on the DQVC, I'd totally be able to afford them - just so long as they don't cost 300,000 each...

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery
Wii #: 2706 9539 1977 4210
Yes. I have Wii Music
Edwardpon playplay Xenoblade Chronicles
WarioWare D.I.Y
Even I don't know how to pronounce my username
Follow a cow?

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260 | Nintendo Network ID: edhe84