Forums

Topic: Dragon Quest 9: Sentinels of the Starry Skies

Posts 301 to 320 of 520

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

@Raylax: This is a bit of a strategy (not story) SPOILER but given that it's something you can only learn the hard way (unless you read a FAQ), I think it's worth knowing up front (you decide whether to read further):

The spear's thunder thrust and the axe's hatchet man are the ideal abilities for grinding on metal king slime for mega experience points. So I recommend having each character learn one of those two abilities.

You might already know that. I just wasn't certain since you said you hadn't tried the axe and didn't mention the spear.

Edited on by Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Put your analyst on danger money, baby.

edhe

LaytonAprentice wrote:

Just wondering if there are any really good walkthroughs? I don't really need it for the story but I would like a complete list of items and where to find them as well as quests and the alcomonium. If anyone knows of one it would be much appreciated!

Gamefaqs, my boy.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Hokori

Man I need DQ IX soo bad

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

MERG

So...does completing each treasure map simply lead to another treasure map?

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

Birdman

Just a question: For those of you who have a grotto with Metal King Slimes and/or Platinum King Jewels, what level is it? I want to know so I don't go insane waiting to find one as I slowly grind.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

MERG wrote:

So...does completing each treasure map simply lead to another treasure map?

Yes, and possibly the boss will drop some treasure.

MERG

So, are they for grinding purposes only?

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Birdman13 wrote:

For those of you who have a grotto with Metal King Slimes and/or Platinum King Jewels, what level is it?

The first map I got with MKS was level 50. Haven't got any PKJs yet.

Birdman

@Zaphod - Well, I'm in the mid-fifties right now, so now I have hope!

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

MERG wrote:

So, are they for grinding purposes only?

The maps? Yeah. But not just for experience points. There are also things you can only get from blue chests in the deeper floors of high-level maps.

MERG

Gotcha...thanks.

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Birdman13 wrote:

Well, I'm in the mid-fifties right now, so now I have hope!

Do you have any level 50+ water maps with Slugly Betsies or Moai Minstrels? If you do, run around on the deepest level (just above the boss) and you should also find an MKS. That's not necessarily the only kind of floor on which you'll find an MKS but it's one of them.

Birdman

@Zaphod - As a matter of fact, no, I don't have any maps like the one you described. If what you're saying is true, it's only a matter of time, I guess.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

Birdman

Well , I'm beyond psyched right now, as I got a Metal King Slime map!!!! Also, the boss is the Trauminator, and there's 24 treasure chests in the grotto! Now to get more skill points for Hatchet Man or Thunder Thrust, albeit with Liquid Metal Slimes, as those Metal King Slimes, Slugly Betties and Moai Menstrels pack some serious punches (how I beat the Luminary quest, I don't know).

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

MERG

Okay...so I am at the Realm of the Mighty, making my way up, but I was wondering...should I have a priest in my party? I've made it this far without one.

Redhawk

I finally got the oh-no bow (which I made into Odin's bow through alchemy) and a metal king shield! I also was one rank away from getting metal king slimes!

After I get my party to level 99 (I have a armamentalist, a mage, a priest, and a warrior), I was thinking of changing vocations. My mage would become a sage and my warrior would become either a gladiator or paladin. Which one should my warrior be, and should I keep my armamentalist and priest?

Edited on by Redhawk

Redhawk

MERG

Level 99?!?!?! How many hours have you logged on the game?

Redhawk

Oh, I meant when I get level 99 (my party is around level 70). I think I have logged in around 115 hours.

EDIT: I just checked and found out i have played around 140 hours.

Edited on by Redhawk

Redhawk

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.