Forums

Topic: Dragon Quest 9: Sentinels of the Starry Skies

Posts 341 to 360 of 520

sykotek

Just started fighting legacy bosses yesterday, so far, they're a piece of cake. I'm giving them the exp. to level up after I win. I'll probably regret the "piece of cake" comment sooner or later.

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

Birdman

You get the first legacy boss map (Baramos) from completing a quest on the Kringle Coast Island (fly with the Starflight, talk to the skeleton in the cave and complete the quest). You can also get legacy boss maps from Nintendo events or by beating other legacy bosses.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

It's quest #062 - Brian's Dyin' Wish

Put your analyst on danger money, baby.

sykotek

I'm currently playing the Murdaw Map I won from fighting Baramos. Turns out, Legacy boss drops change as they level up and you can also get orbs from beating them or stealing occasionally too, they're used in alchemy. I got Zoma, Estark, Malroth, Nokturnus and Dragonlord from going to the few DQIX events, but you can get some of those later on released as DLC from what I read in case you didn't go to the events.

sykotek

Fought Murdaw until he dropped a Dhoulmagus map. Dhoulmagus is not such a cake walk, I can only imagine how much tougher he'll become as he continues to level up.

Birdman

Does anyone here know how the Thief vocation spells (Treasure Eye Land, etc.) work?

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

Redhawk

Yes! I finally found Metal King Slimes! Now all my people (except my armamentalist, who is level 76) are around level 96! The Map was Silver Waterway of Dolour Lv. 56.

@Birdman13 Not sure, but if it is a field ability, you will have to use it outside of the battle.

Edited on by Redhawk

Redhawk

turtlelink

Made a Swordsman and a Thief!

Also, when I was listening to the opening, my Dad said it sounded like Russian Music a few weeks ago.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Magi

I started on this game over the weekend. I couldn't invest too much time into it but I managed to get the main char to level 11 and my 3 supporting chars to level 9 and I've just defeated the Wight Night. I think I'm digging this game.

I'm kinda iffy on my party makeup: I've got the "minstrel" that I started with and I made a martial artist, mage, and priest. I'm going weaponless with my martial artist.

What classes does everyone else use?

Magi

Birdman

I started with a minstrel (duh), a warrior, a mage and a priest, but right now my Minstrel is an Armamentalist and my two spellcasters are both sages. My warrior is still a warrior, though.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

Fuzzy

I've got a gladiator with a shield, a claw master which I haven't decided what to leave it as, and sage, and a priest.

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

sykotek

Argh, the Legacy boss battles are getting pretty tough now, I just finished fighting Zoma and at high levels, its near impossible to win against him without losing a party member or two during the battle. Now starting on Estark.

@Magi: I beat the game with Minstrel, Martial Artist, Priest and Mage. You'll realistically need to change vocations at some point, but if its a bother, you probably won't need to worry about it until you're 70-80 hours invested into the game.

Magi

sykotek wrote:

@Magi: I beat the game with Minstrel, Martial Artist, Priest and Mage. You'll realistically need to change vocations at some point, but if its a bother, you probably won't need to worry about it until you're 70-80 hours invested into the game.

That's good to know. I've just made it to the Alltrades Abbey and I have to go find the head of the Abbey. So far, nothing is impossibly difficulty. My mage was killed once in a random battle with those 3 slimes that stack on top of each other, but that was due to carelessness on my part. iirc, I believe my party is all around level 12.

Did everyone spend their ability points as they earned them or did they stockpile them for later?

Edited on by Magi

Magi

turtlelink

@Magi, I just use them on the spot. It helped for me because I only used one character for a good chunk of the beginning.

TurtleLink's backloggery

Birdman

@Magi - These are all just reccomendations of mine. You don't have to follow them if you don't feel like it. If you don't see any skill useful in your Martial Artist's Fisticuffs (assuming you're still going weaponless) or the Martial Artist tree, save your skill points until you get 100, switch to a shield using vocation and Omnivocationalize the shield. Shield Martial Artist = Broken. For all of your other characters, add points into shield until you get Defending Champion, as Blockenspiel and that are pretty useful to have. After that, have your Priest and Mage focus on their vocation skill trees and then wands, as easy wand skill points will come from later vocations. As for your Minstrel, you should take a moment and focus on where he/she is going. While they can do just about everything, eventually they're outclassed by just about everyone else at something, so take the time while you can easily adjust your character to see what path you'd like them to take. If you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer them at my earliest convenience.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

turtlelink

Yea now I have a full party! My main, a Minstrel, Zoro my swordsman, Nami my thief, and Ussop my Ranger. Can anyone guess what series their based on?

TurtleLink's backloggery

Supermegaman

turtlelink wrote:

Yea now I have a full party! My main, a Minstrel, Zoro my swordsman, Nami my thief, and Ussop my Ranger. Can anyone guess what series their based on?

Niiice, One Piece loooove~
Clever too, shouldve thought of that myself :3

RandomApple7

A Minstrel Lv 31 gladiator Lv 24 thief Lv 20 Martial artist Lv 20
whats everybody else party.

RandomApple7

RandomApple7

If anyone could awnser my question thanks but what does the Deftness stat do and how does it affect the character.

RandomApple7

sykotek

@RandomApple7: I have 6 characters with all vocations at lvl 99, max stats, and at least 1 revocation each. Deftness increases you critical attack/magic %, block %, evade %, steal %, flee %, and catch monsters by surprise %...its equivalent to other games is the luck statistic.

@turtlelink: I never knew you could rename or name characters from scratch besides the main! I just used what the computer assigned me. After almost 400hrs of play, I wish I could change my hairstyle. =P

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.