Forums

Topic: amiibo

Posts 961 to 980 of 1,777

PaperLucario
That hilarious, yet slightly depressing moment when you find out on reddit that the Kirby anime decently predicted the whole craze years ago......

PaperLucario

Sportsfan1712

Do you guys think there will be more store-exclusive amiibo? I hope not

Sup

NintendoFan64

Sportsfan1712 wrote:

Do you guys think there will be more store-exclusive amiibo? I hope not

Most likely.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Jacob717

PaperLucario wrote:

That hilarious, yet slightly depressing moment when you find out on reddit that the Kirby anime decently predicted the whole craze years ago......

You beat me too it. Yeah, that is crazy.

Jacob717

rolzup

MagicBox wrote:

AmiiboHunter wrote:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2ylw9vs&s=8#.VM6gT2TF_-U

This memo states rosalina will NOT be restocked after shipment 1, and Ike, Sonic, Mega Man, and King Dedede will NOT be sold at target. However, bowser and toon link WILL.

While it's unfortunate, I'm very glad someone posted that so that everybody could be "in the know" about which ones are getting stocked.

Looks like I don't have to worry about Toon Link. I was a little uncertain about how many of those Nintendo were going to make. It's a relief to see that they're planning to restock him on a regular basis. I have no interest in getting the regular Link amiibo (every single one I see just looks really ugly), so I'm setting my sights on the Toon version (which looks awesome). I went to my Target this morning around 11:00. All they had was Bowser. There were two sections where Rosalina was apparently supposed to be, but she was already long gone. No spots for Toon Link, oddly.

I would like to get King Dedede and Meta Knight, but it won't be the end of the world if I don't. That just leaves Sonic and Mega Man. A GameStop employee told me that he didn't think they would be as rare as the others, but I have no idea if that optimism has any basis or if he was just speculating.

I really have to wonder, are kids getting anything out of this whole amiibo thing? All I see anywhere are greedy adults swooping in and selling them. I mean, yeah, families can still get Mario and Pikachu at any ol' store, but the majority of these characters are just going to the wrong people. I'm honestly shocked that Nintendo hasn't asked online retailers to place a "only 1-2 per customer" limit on these yet. This is a problem with an easy solution that should have been solved a long time ago.

The Targets by my house were limiting it to one per person. The Toys R Us apparently weren't as the first guy in line there this morning walked away with 12 Lucarios. My kids and I use them to fill out 8-man smash rosters. My kids also play with them like action figures to play what they call "Super Mario Real Life, Super Smash Real Life, and Pokemon Real Life".

rolzup

Captain05crunch

Just got an email this morning from Toys R Us regarding my Lucario preorder.

"We want to inform you that there is a delay in fulfilling the item listed below in your order. Please accept our apologies for the delay. At this time we do not have a ship date for the item. Please note, your credit card will not be charged for the item until the order is shipped."

Then it says if it's not shipped by 2/17 the order will be cancelled... Why?!!!

Captain05crunch

Smash_kirby

Captain05crunch wrote:

"We want to inform you that there is a delay in fulfilling the item listed below in your order. Please accept our apologies for the delay. At this time we do not have a ship date for the item. Please note, your credit card will not be charged for the item until the order is shipped."

I got the same email, I hope I actually get it.

Smash_kirby

Captain05crunch

Smash_kirby wrote:

Captain05crunch wrote:

Try checking your email again. I just got a shipping confirmation!

Captain05crunch

DefHalan

AmiiboHunter wrote:

bad news, guys.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2ylw9vs&s=8#.VM6gT2TF_-U

This memo states rosalina will NOT be restocked after shipment 1, and Ike, Sonic, Mega Man, and King Dedede will NOT be sold at target. However, bowser and toon link WILL.

I still think they will be restocked. There is some interesting information in the letter but I feel it is worded weirdly.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

TeeJay

Bowser is up on Gamestop's site, not that it really matters. He's readily available in many stores now already

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Smash_kirby

Captain05crunch wrote:

Smash_kirby wrote:

Captain05crunch wrote:

Try checking your email again. I just got a shipping confirmation!

I just got an email from them saying the same thing.

Smash_kirby

DefHalan

NintyMan wrote:

According to GameStop, Nintendo reps told them that the Super Mario amiibo will be stocked in "abundance" and people won't have to worry about missing out on them the first time. Toad will have the "lightest allocation" but he still won't be rare.

If true, the Super Mario amiibo will be more plentiful than the Smash Bros. amiibo.

http://www.destructoid.com/-mario-party-amiibo-are-not-rare-a...

Good. I am more interested in collecting the Super Mario series than the Smash series

Ryno

DefHalan wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

According to GameStop, Nintendo reps told them that the Super Mario amiibo will be stocked in "abundance" and people won't have to worry about missing out on them the first time. Toad will have the "lightest allocation" but he still won't be rare.

If true, the Super Mario amiibo will be more plentiful than the Smash Bros. amiibo.

Good. I am more interested in collecting the Super Mario series than the Smash series

The Smash series looks better/more detailed/less shiny to me. The only Super Mario series I would prefer is Luigi.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

DefHalan

Ryno wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

The Smash series looks better/more detailed/less shiny to me. The only Super Mario series I would prefer is Luigi.

The only Smash one I prefer over the Super Mario series is Peach. But at that point I figured I should just collect the whole Super Mario series since it is only 1 figure and no way am I going to collect the whole Smash series

Pootypie

DefHalan wrote:

Ryno wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

The only Smash one I prefer over the Super Mario series is Peach. But at that point I figured I should just collect the whole Super Mario series since it is only 1 figure and no way am I going to collect the whole Smash series

At least it's better than collecting the whole Skylanders series

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

TeeJay

I may be able to trade my Little Mac for a Rosalina on Craigslist. I contacted the person and they said they were interested (they wanted Mac or Metaknight in the ad) so I'm waiting to hear back...I hope this goes through

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

DefHalan

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Ryno wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

My wife hasn't seen a single Disney Infinity Figure that she hasn't wanted yet...

Pootypie

DefHalan wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Ryno wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

My wife hasn't seen a single Disney Infinity Figure that she hasn't wanted yet...

Don't show me the shelves lol

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

DefHalan

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Ryno wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

Don't show me the shelves lol

We haven't gotten all of them. They make great smaller gifts for Birthdays and what not so we haven't been getting them to fast lol

Pootypie

Well the quote is getting too big so... @DefHalan I searched how many figures there are and it turns out 60, not too bad... compared to skylanders that has a whopping total of 297 figures. Which is too many, one of the main reasons why I stopped playing skylanders.

Or any games based on figures lol

Edited on by Pootypie

Pootypie

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic