Forums

Topic: amiibo

Posts 941 to 960 of 1,777

skywake

Got bored and made all my fully trained (9) Amiibos fight each other in Smash Bros. What's interesting is that my Mario is very, very good in 1v1 and when I had them all fight each other 1v1 Mario won out. But in battles of 3+? He doesn't do anywhere near as well. Meanwhile Peach who does amazingly well in big group battles really, really sucks in 1v1. But then I have Kirby who's decent at both.

It's interesting how they pick up traits that can serve them well in one kind of battle that don't work in others. Like constantly shielding and dodging which works well in groups vs playing more aggressively which will work better in a group battle. Hard to know which is the best way to train them.... but fun regardless!

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

BadKitty

Untitled
Got these guys in a chaotic fight. My gang of 4 including our very own LordUglyMad, Waited in line for the store to open when it did we ran I was the fastest there bunch of lazy twigs need to exercise. But alas I ran so fast in my bad slippery shoes I fell. xD Good enough it distracted them and one of my friends grabbed bout 4 rosa's I got there second grabbed the last 2 grabbed toon link and the only shiek. It didn't end there they beat me to the floor trying to get the stuff my paw is in bad shape and bleeding. ;___;

But those animals deserved nothing after treating a lady like this so we took the 4 rosa's and gave the other 2 to kids, so many mad fan-boys. u_u
You people should be ashamed for treating your Goddess this way! >:[

Edited on by BadKitty

Meow~
BadKittysDomain!
[13:12] LordJumpMad stick his thong out at eme
[17:24] LordJumpMad: I will never male you happy >:[
[21:11] LordJumpMad: You insluted my words >:[
[16:32] turtlelink: gdi emmy. You'...

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7082-7558 | Twitter:

Yoshi

At my store, they forced everyone into a line, so no running. They only had 8, and you could do only get one. I didn't get any, because there were 20 people ahead of me!

But, my sister got three of them at her store! There was a line, but they had two wholes boxes! After everyone got what they wanted, there were even two left over (which were immediately bought up because a scalper was being nice and letting everyone get some first).

So I have a Rosie.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

skywake

Heh, when I went to get my Wave 3 Amiibos (although nowhere near the mad rush even though there weren't that many more) person behind the counter was doing a similar deal. When I was paying for them she made a point of complaining about some of the dudes who got in before me. One guy was apparently VERY rude to her. Said that because he was "first" he "deserved" the right to buy whatever he wanted including duplicates. Made a huge scene. She apparently insisted that nobody was getting more than one of any one character, adding that if she let people buy duplicates people would just sell them for more online. Spot on I thought.

Also very, very strange that people are running after Rosalina. She was one of the most common of the bunch.

Edited on by skywake

TsunamiSensei

Found a Rosalina at Target. It was their last one, and they were sold out of all other wave 3 figures. Now I just gotta wait for GameStop to get my Shulk in...

"Books are the real treasures of the world!"
-Skeletor

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

Grumblevolcano

skywake wrote:

Heh, when I went to get my Wave 3 Amiibos (although nowhere near the mad rush even though there weren't that many more) person behind the counter was doing a similar deal. When I was paying for them she made a point of complaining about some of the dudes who got in before me. One guy was apparently VERY rude to her. Said that because he was "first" he "deserved" the right to buy whatever he wanted including duplicates. Made a huge scene. She apparently insisted that nobody was getting more than one of any one character, adding that if she let people buy duplicates people would just sell them for more online. Spot on I thought.

Also very, very strange that people are running after Rosalina. She was one of the most common of the bunch.

She's a store exclusive though which means Nintendo's stock issues are even more prominent (I'd expect that Rosalina won't be seen at all after today). I also expect similar issues happening with Meta Knight, Shulk and Lucario.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

rolzup

My wife and I split up between two Targets with the plan that once we get a Rosalina in hand, the other doesn't need to get theirs. (We only wanted one for my daughter's upcoming birthday). I was second in line at my Target and she was 8th in line at her's. Both Targets distributed them at 1 per person. Interestingly, everyone at my Target was so focused on Rosalina, nobody took Sheik, so I managed to get a Sheik without much of a fight. At the Toys R Us up the road from where I was, there was a big stink raised because the first person in line bought all 12 Lucarios...the entire stock.

rolzup

BluCrystal

I got mine, one of the last two as well. The lady who rung me up told me that her boyfriend got one to sell it from online.

I like amiibo. that is all!

JunkosBoobies

Rosalina isn't in stock anywhere here. Oh well, I wasn't planning on getting Rosalina anyways. That aside, where are you all getting Wave 3 amiibos? GameStop doesn't have them yet apparently.

And I'm still waiting for Marth to be restocked. Hope I can FINALLY get one.

Edited on by JunkosBoobies

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

Pootypie

PKNoUsernameHere wrote:

Rosalina isn't in stock anywhere here. Oh well, I wasn't planning on getting Rosalina anyways. That aside, where are you all getting Wave 3 amiibos? GameStop doesn't have them yet apparently.

http://www.amazon.de/Nintendo-1067566-amiibo-Smash-Marth/dp/B...

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

TeeJay

I'm sure they'll restock Rosalina eventually. Even if it's the Mario Party line or something. They're pushing Rosalina ad a character too hard for this to just be it.

Someone like Ike though? Perhaps we may never see him again...

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Pootypie

TeeJay wrote:

I'm sure they'll restock Rosalina eventually. Even if it's the Mario Party line or something. They're pushing Rosalina ad a character too hard for this to just be it.

RIP someone I have mained for 6 years

Edited on by Pootypie

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

JunkosBoobies

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

PKNoUsernameHere wrote:

http://www.amazon.de/Nintendo-1067566-amiibo-Smash-Marth/dp/B...

I checked, and that's apparently $21 in USD. I'd much rather wait for Marth to be restocked in stores, to be honest. Thanks anyways.

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

BluCrystal

TeeJay wrote:

got mine pre-ordered, 12 days to go!

I like amiibo. that is all!

Grumblevolcano

TeeJay wrote:

I disagree, if Nintendo cares at all about Codename STEAM then Ike will be restocked because it's very clear that if anything's going to sell that game it'll be the FE amiibo support.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MagicBox

AmiiboHunter wrote:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2ylw9vs&s=8#.VM6gT2TF_-U

This memo states rosalina will NOT be restocked after shipment 1, and Ike, Sonic, Mega Man, and King Dedede will NOT be sold at target. However, bowser and toon link WILL.

While it's unfortunate, I'm very glad someone posted that so that everybody could be "in the know" about which ones are getting stocked.

Looks like I don't have to worry about Toon Link. I was a little uncertain about how many of those Nintendo were going to make. It's a relief to see that they're planning to restock him on a regular basis. I have no interest in getting the regular Link amiibo (every single one I see just looks really ugly), so I'm setting my sights on the Toon version (which looks awesome). I went to my Target this morning around 11:00. All they had was Bowser. There were two sections where Rosalina was apparently supposed to be, but she was already long gone. No spots for Toon Link, oddly.

I would like to get King Dedede and Meta Knight, but it won't be the end of the world if I don't. That just leaves Sonic and Mega Man. A GameStop employee told me that he didn't think they would be as rare as the others, but I have no idea if that optimism has any basis or if he was just speculating.

I really have to wonder, are kids getting anything out of this whole amiibo thing? All I see anywhere are greedy adults swooping in and selling them. I mean, yeah, families can still get Mario and Pikachu at any ol' store, but the majority of these characters are just going to the wrong people. I'm honestly shocked that Nintendo hasn't asked online retailers to place a "only 1-2 per customer" limit on these yet. This is a problem with an easy solution that should have been solved a long time ago.

Edited on by MagicBox

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3421-4718
Friend Safari: Bug-Type (Butterfree, Volbeat, & Heracross)

TeeJay

Grumblevolcano wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

I disagree, if Nintendo cares at all about Codename STEAM then Ike will be restocked because it's very clear that if anything's going to sell that game it'll be the FE amiibo support.

This is true. I forgot about that

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Sportsfan1712

Picked up Rosalina, Sheik, and Toon Link this morning!

Only wave 3 figure I need is Lucario (might have to import)

Sup

skywake

Grumblevolcano wrote:

She's a store exclusive though which means Nintendo's stock issues are even more prominent (I'd expect that Rosalina won't be seen at all after today). I also expect similar issues happening with Meta Knight, Shulk and Lucario.

I still don't think that means she's actually "rare" though. It just means that when she came out in the US everyone went to Target rather than spreading themselves across multiple stores. Which meant that target sold out of all their Amiibos and everyone who went to Target had Rosalina top of their list.

And when I said she was one of the more easy to get ones I meant that in relation to other Wave 3 Amiibos. Just like in the US here in Australia just about every store completely sold out within the first hour or so. The bigger stores (like Target) were the ones that got the most stock and they were the ones that sold out the quickest. At this point, about four days after launch, Rosalina and Bowser are the only ones still available anywhere. But they're only available at some EBGames (Gamestop) who were charging the most and in particular some of the more out-of-the-way ones.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic