Forums

Topic: Recommended 3DS VC titles

Posts 141 to 160 of 243

CrispyGoomba

As much as I hate to say it, I didn't like Metriod II a lot. Backtracking, no map, and the only 'bosses' are the Metriods that don't make this game fun to me. I love the music in the first part of the game, but, call me newb, my damage was low that I couldn't listen to any music because of the constant thumping sound it makes like in Pokemon when you're creature is in red damage. I would not recommend it to anyone personally, but if you like Metriod, then this is certainly a game you wouldn't want to miss.

CrispyGoomba

KingMike

A bit disappointing that the MM2 bosses didn't get their own levels.
Though some might be glad to not have to deal with Quick Man's death lasers (though Capcom still put in a "Mega Man pit" or two in the final level ), surprising they had to, as a result, program in underwater physics JUST for the Bubble Man fight. No Bubble Man level =

KingMike

RetroGBHippie92

steveex wrote:

What does everyone think about Metroid II. I keep coming close to buying it, but the lack of a map keeps turning me off it. I really enjoyed the Prime trilogy and Fusion, Other M was good when you look past its flaws, but I hated the original NES version, and I'm worried Metroid II is too much like the NES version.

You sir should man up. I bet Metroid II without a walkthrough or a map first playthrough with a playtime of roughly 12-13 hours, it's called using your memory and Metroid games require you to do that. The Original Metroid is a classic and i've bet the game 100% at least half a dozen times now and I love it. Ok maybe the games aren't for everybody, but they aren't as hard as they seem, give Metroid II a try, you'll like the final boss, it reminds me of the showdown of Ripley and the Xenomorph Queen from the movie Aliens. Coincedently, the metroid series was inspired by the Alien movies.
By the way, Metroid II is pretty linear compared to Metroid Fusion and also, a lot of the enemies from Fusion are actually based off enemies from Metroid II, so really what is there to lose? if you like metroid games, you have to at least try this game, it's one of the best VC games out there.

Anyway, I loved Other:M, I also 100% that game and it's brilliant in my opinion, ok I still don't agree with the character approach entirely, but it was meant to set up for Metroid Fusion and explain what happened between super and fusion, either way many people over looked this game because people didn't like how Samus wasn't portrayed as being "Badass", umm hello? She was always first and foremost, a Human being (with Chozo DNA), how could samus NOT have flaws in her character? A lot of people don't realise that Team Ninja didn't write the story, it was Metroid co-creator Yoshio Sakamoto who wrote the games story. Personally, I still think Samus was badass in Other:M and she'll continue to be in my opinion, as long as nintendo makes metroid games, i'll continue to buy them, I wouldn't let one game ruin the entire series, especially since chronilogically, Other:M isn't the last game.
I

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at [email protected]...

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

Nintenbro

Can anybody recommend Bionic Commando and or Fortified Zone?

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

TheConsiglio

I can recommend Bionic Commmando if you love Run And Gun Platformers.
Never Played Fortified Zone Though.

Just a nintendo fan who found his way to this site.
3DS FRIEND CODE: 4725-8421-9790

I am a trusted gamer who never cheats.

Twitter: @Kyle Consiglio

Happy_Mask

Is sonic triple trouble a good idea for me because I'm a 2d sonic fan?

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

SirSmugleaf

Is Toki Tori or Rayman (both for GBC) worth getting?

Also what about Mole Mania (when it comes out if EU/AU)?

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

Nintenbro

Rayman, sadly, appears to be a washed down port that probably should've never been. There's a superior version of Toki Tori available on the WiiShop. But if you're strictly looking for portability then the GBC version would be the way to go. Mole Mania appears to be a pretty solid portable puzzler. That would most likely be your best bet my friend.

I'm inquiring about Blaster Master: Enemy Below & Bionic Commando.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

SirSmugleaf

Nintenbro wrote:

Rayman, sadly, appears to be a washed down port that probably should've never been. There's a superior version of Toki Tori available on the WiiShop. But if you're strictly looking for portability then the GBC version would be the way to go. Mole Mania appears to be a pretty solid portable puzzler. That would most likely be your best bet my friend.

Yeah I have known about the superior versions of Rayman and Toki Tori but I was just wondering if they were still worth getting. But I think I will get Mole Mania when it comes out.

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

SirSmugleaf

Nintenbro wrote:

I'm inquiring about Blaster Master: Enemy Below & Bionic Commando.

Sorry haven't played any of those games so can't help you my friend!

RR529

@Nintenbro, I don't know about Blaster Master, but I quite enjoyed Bionic Commando.

It's actually surprisingly long for a GB action game (I'd say about as long as DK94), and the platforming is really solid (although using your arm to swing, instead of jumping, takes a little bit to get used to). I don't think it was quite as good as Capcom's other 2 VC games (MM:DWR & GQ), but if you liked those, you'll probably like this.

The only small issue I had with it, is that since it's a reskinned version of the NES game, there are some "leaps of faith" due to the smaller scope of the screen, but restore points make that more of a slight annoyance than a big issue.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Xilef

COuld anyone recommend a VC game between 2-4 euro? I'm thinking about Sword of Hope II, but i want to know what the battle sytem is like first.

Xilef

Geonjaha

Xilef wrote:

COuld anyone recommend a VC game between 2-4 euro? I'm thinking about Sword of Hope II, but i want to know what the battle sytem is like first.

The battle system is your standard turn based JRPG system. Your party members learn spells and battle consists basically of those spells and a physical attack. The balancing of enemies isnt done very well in this game - but it's still a very good RPG considering it's on the GB. Graphics and monster design is nice too. Considering its also the only traditional RPG on the eShop - I couldn't recommend anything else at the moment (That is assuming thats what you're looking for).

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Xilef

@Geonjaha OK, thanks. I'm still not sure if i want to pick it up now though. Maybe some other time. Thanks anyway.

Xilef

RR529

Xilef wrote:

@Geonjaha OK, thanks. I'm still not sure if i want to pick it up now though. Maybe some other time. Thanks anyway.

Personally, SoHII is one of my favorite VC games (up there with Link's Awakening DX & Metroid II, IMO).

I do like RPGs though.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Noob_The_Third

I want to spend up to 10 dollars on VC games. I want to get Mega Man but what should I bye with the other $6?

SirSmugleaf

Alien_Mosky wrote:

I want to spend up to 10 dollars on VC games. I want to get Mega Man but what should I bye with the other $6?

[/div]

Well I recommend:
-Super Mario Land
-Super Mario Land 2
-Donkey Kong '94 (VERY GOOD)
-Zelda Links Awakening DX (WHICH YOU NEEED!!)
-Wario Land
-Wario Land 2
I don't know how many of these you have but I have them all and have enjoyed them!

Edited on by SirSmugleaf

Noob_The_Third

BayCraig100 wrote:

Alien_Mosky wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

Well I recommend:
-Super Mario Land
-Super Mario Land 2
-Donkey Kong '94 (VERY GOOD)
-Zelda Links Awakening DX (WHICH YOU NEEED!!)
-Wario Land
-Wario Land 2
I don't know how many of these you have but I have them all and have enjoyed them!

I have the whole Mario Land series and Link's Awakening is the only other one in NA. But thanks.

RR529

@Alien_Mosky, if you don't have them, get "the Sword of Hope II" & "Metroid II: the Return of Samus".

Those two (with LADX), are the three best games currently on eShop, IMO.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RetroGBHippie92

RR529 wrote:

@Alien_Mosky, if you don't have them, get "the Sword of Hope II" & "Metroid II: the Return of Samus".

Those two (with LADX), are the three best games currently on eShop, IMO.

What @RR529 said, they are by far the best we've got so far.

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at [email protected]...

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.