Forums

Topic: Link's Awakening Available Now on eShop

Posts 241 to 260 of 263

Geonjaha

Have fun playing
I never really enjoyed the 3D Zelda games as much though. To me Zelda works best in 2D. I have OoT3D and although I think it has amazing graphics, I just dont enjoy it as much as the 2D ones.

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

shingi_70

Why is Face Shrine so hard. Been pretty much everywhere and I can't find the key that unlocks the door you have to hookshot too. after leaving to buy arrows mutiple times I said screw it and decided to take a break. So instead I got the L-2 sword, The Blue tunic from the color dungeon, and the Boomerang.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

shingi_70

WaveBoy wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Why is Face Shrine so hard. Been pretty much everywhere and I can't find the key that unlocks the door you have to hookshot too. after leaving to buy arrows mutiple times I said screw it and decided to take a break. So instead I got the L-2 sword, The Blue tunic from the color dungeon, and the Boomerang.

lol getting either of the 2 upgrades from the Color Dungeon makes LA DX even LESS Challenging from a combat perspective. The color Dungeon is reDUCKulous Ganon-fied bogus poopy. And you think the Face Shrine is hard? Wait until you hit up the Eagle Tower!
It's quite the mind fudger! Hated that one the most!

Beat the Eagle tower earlier this evening. Not going to lie, I went to gamefaqs on how to get too that last pillar down. Should finish the game tomorrow. Then off to play Contact, Avenging Spirit before Mario land.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

shingi_70

WaveBoy wrote:

I never once turned to the internet to beat Zelda LA DX.....I hate cheating like that, that goes for any game. The fun is in finding out for yourself, even if it takes you tons of time....Because when you finally solve the problem you feel so rewarded, looking online takes that away....Yet come to think of it, there was one thing i asked on NL, and that was how to get on those corner walk way edges in the eagle tower. Apperantly you're supposed to fall down a couple of the rooms holes on the upper floor to actually get on them.

But ya, I had rough time getting through the Eagle tower no doubt. I never even realised that i was supposed to use that Crystal marble orb to break the pillars down. I was pretty flipping confused for a while, yet i can't believe i never thought of it in the first place. Yet getting that marble to some of the pillars was really tricky and challenging.

I knew that part. I just didn't know I had to kill the slot machine guys to get the chest to appeatr as they were optional in every other dungeon.

WAT!

Nintenbro

Have any of you read the Link's Awakening DX (Gameboy Color VC) review at IGN? They state in their review that the eShop emulation has been visually upgraded and displays a subtle 3-D effect. I watched the sample video on the eShop with the 3-D slider all of the way up, and I didn't notice even the very slightest 3-D effect. I asked someone who downloaded the game, and they confirmed it in fact does not display any such type of 3-D effect. I wonder how much money was required to pay off the reviewer at IGN to mention that?

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

kkslider5552000

G4L wrote:

Have any of you read the Link's Awakening DX (Gameboy Color VC) review at IGN? They state in their review that the eShop emulation has been visually upgraded and displays a subtle 3-D effect. I watched the sample video on the eShop with the 3-D slider all of the way up, and I didn't notice even the very slightest 3-D effect. I asked someone who downloaded the game, and they confirmed it in fact does not display any such type of 3-D effect. I wonder how much money was required to pay off the reviewer at IGN to mention that?

That's more Gamespot's deal. For IGN, I think they were just so dumb they genuinely believed there was 3D. (granted, the eShop videos are never as good as the game itself so...?)

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Retro_on_theGo

G4L wrote:

If you hold select the display will change to the Gameboy's actual screen. If you turn on the 3D there is a subtle 3D effect. It pushes the game into the background sort of like the original game/GBC. It looks cool IMO.

Nintenbro

Ah... Well that makes more sense then. Thanks @Retro_on_theGo. I'm sorry IGN, for accusing you of accepting bribes.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

Geonjaha

G4L wrote:

[/div]

No - I have the game and yes IT DOES have a slight 3D effect. Theres a slight depth to the game.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

LyIa

Picked this up from my cousin's room a few years ago, but then my gbc broke. I guess I legally own it now... Should I get it on flashcart emulator or shell out the 6-7 dollars for the eShop one?

all men are kings 👑

LordJumpMad

sushifreAk wrote:

Picked this up from my cousin's room a few years ago, but then my gbc broke. I guess I legally own it now... Should I get it on flashcart emulator or shell out the 6-7 dollars for the eShop one?

One: Don't talk about emulators here, its a good way to get yourself ban.
Two: Do what you please, no one is stopping you, but I would say buy it, if you want to play it on the go.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

MrArcade

Emulators are kinda, well, crap.

MrArcade

LyIa

MrArcade wrote:

Emulators are kinda, well, crap.

Mine work perfectly at 60FPS.

LordJumpMad wrote:

sushifreAk wrote:

[/div]

One: Don't talk about emulators here, its a good way to get yourself ban.
Two: Do what you please, no one is stopping you, but I would say buy it, if you want to play it on the go.

Oh, sorry. I didn't know that. Thanks for the tip, though.

all men are kings 👑

Chris720

Geonjaha wrote:

G4L wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

No - I have the game and yes IT DOES have a slight 3D effect. Theres a slight depth to the game.

Is there something wrong with your eyes? I notice nothing different...

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

Geonjaha

Chris720 wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

G4L wrote:

Is there something wrong with your eyes? I notice nothing different...

...you're joking right? I am of course talking about the pixel perfect view only - go into that by holding start or select on startup and put up the 3D. You get a 3D effect...

Geonjaha

Chris720

Oh right, you should of said so. I thought you meant without that, but okay, I see what you mean now.

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

Nintenbro

I just decided to download Link's Awakening DX the other day. I guess I'm currently supposed to be locating somebody in the woods, but I just keep going in circles. I've ventured down every path, but I just keep looping back around or reach a dead-end. Can anybody happen to recall where you're supposed to be headed, at this very early point in the game?

Nintendo Bro

kkslider5552000

Nintenbro wrote:

I just decided to download Link's Awakening DX the other day. I guess I'm currently supposed to be locating somebody in the woods, but I just keep going in circles. I've ventured down every path, but I just keep looping back around or reach a dead-end. Can anybody happen to recall where you're supposed to be headed, at this very early point in the game?

Oh god, I always get LOST there in those WOODS. In a Zelda game? I'm shocked.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

GeminiSaint

Nintenbro wrote:

Is there a raccoon somewhere in the forest? Does it say anything about getting you lost? If so, you need to sprinkle it with some magic powder, which a witch can brew for you if you can give her the ingredients...

Edited on by GeminiSaint

GeminiSaint

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.