Forums

Topic: Link's Awakening Available Now on eShop

Posts 161 to 180 of 263

Joeynator3000

Link79 wrote:

@ BellGoRiiing.
You kinda have to overpower him. Get in close and hack him to pieces with your sword.
He's too fast for the spin attack. Don't bother trying that. Just slice away and try to hit him before he hits you.
Hope that helps.

....You mean just stand in front of him and slash at him like crazy?...Wouldn't he just hit me and send me back to the entrance for the 100th time?...lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Link79

@ BellGoriiing
Well I guess getting right up in his face would be a bad idea but yeah. It's sorta a test of who's faster.
Sometimes He'll smother you and keep punching. When he does that you need to back up.
Just hack away like a crazy person and you should be able to get him. That's the best strategy I can think of.
You could try the spin attack but make sure you don't charge it up right next to him.

Here's a video to help you out. Just try to do what this guy does.
[youtube:Vttl7gHJ7Xw]

Edited on by Link79

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

kkslider5552000

Turtle Rock is painful, I feel sorry for you first time Zelda players.

But the item and description of it make up for that pain.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Joeynator3000

I'll look at the video once I calm down. xD
Didn't look at the video...but yeah, tried Pegasusing him to death, lol.

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Turtle Rock is painful, I feel sorry for you first time Zelda players.

But the item and description of it make up for that pain.

I've actually played this and beaten it before back when I had the GBC...I'm kinda wondering how I managed to defeat this turd back then. o_0

Edited on by Joeynator3000

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Knux

I have finally beaten Link's Awakening DX earlier tonight, and this is one of the best games I have ever played hands down. It just amazes me on how much content Nintendo can cram into essentially an 8 bit game. The ending was sad, beautiful, and amazing. Despite having put more than thirty hours into this gem, I still have not obtain a hundred percent completion yet. I will be coming back to this later for that purpose, and I will certainly replay this game all over again in the future.

So to anyone who has still not bought this game, buy it NOW!

Knux

Link79

@ Hyper_Knuckles
The first time I played this way back in 1993 I was amazed at all the content this game had.
I could hardly believe that much game was on a tiny little Gameboy cartridge.
That ending still gives me chills everytime I see it.

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

Eel

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

So close to beating the game! I might just do it tonight if I can figure out what the heck to do in the egg.

If you already completed the trading sequence, just read one of the books in the library.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Retro_on_theGo

I beat the game!
I entered as a skeptic and came out a Zelda fan. When I remember this is a Gameboy game I can't believe how much content there is. The game was so much fun and that fun lasted a good long time. The level of challenge was perfect! The dialogue was great! That final boss fight was murder! I'm VERY shamed to admit I couldn't have beaten him without help from the internet... I got stuck on his second form. No clue how to hit him. The ending was great! I love this game.
Before I bought it I didn't honestly care for Zelda, but now this Sunday I'll be getting OOT3D an OOT3D skin/case for my 3DS, and the free OOT soundtrack!

Bass_X0

Yeah, the final boss does have some unorthodox weaknesses. I think you're supposed to try everything possible until you find something that works.

The final form can be quite easy if you don't want to be bothered fighting it the long way.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

Eel

Bass_X0 wrote:

Yeah, the final boss does have some unorthodox weaknesses. I think you're supposed to try everything possible until you find something that works.

The final form can be quite easy if you don't want to be bothered fighting it the long way.

I read somewhere that a certain weapon can do large (as in LARGE) amounts of damage to the last boss.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Retro_on_theGo

abgar wrote:

Bass_X0 wrote:

I read somewhere that a certain weapon can do large (as in LARGE) amounts of damage to the last boss.

Spoiler The boomerang kills him in one hit. I decided to just take him out with the arrows though. Since I already made the fight a lot easier for me with hints from the internet...

ImDiggerDan

I remember the first time(s) I played this to completion, I could never work out what to do with the boss when he was in the blob form. I'd tried the magic powder and it didn't do anything so I always just ended up whacking it with the sword - which for the most time did nothing - and every now and then he'd take damage.

Eventually I read somewhere you were supposed to use the magic powder, went back and tried it again, worked first time.

Director of Four Horses. Developer of Digger Dan games.
On sale on the Nintendo 3DS eShop from 19th May 2016.
www.fourhorses.co.uk

Twitter:

Eel

beated the game... ending was sad

Last two dungeons weren't as hard as you made them sound though... Maybe next time i won't use the boomerang so much!

Bloop.

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Now if only they could get Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

metroidman

Please help me someone. I am in the 8th dundgeon and am stuck. I have looked at gamefaqs level map and it looks like I have got 3 keys so far, but when I look at the map it shows that I have used only 2. But i have no keys in my invenetory. I can't go any further then the room past the dodongo snakes there is a key door that leads to the nightmare door on the other side. I am convinced that there is a glitch.

metroidman

Eel

i doubt there is a glitch, maybe you just used a key without noticing or you simply never had 3.

Walk around the temple until you find something interesting.

Bloop.

metroidman

I don't know but the three rooms that show a key I have already gotten. According to the map that is. I'll keep trying.

metroidman

Tylr

Just beat it yesterday. I didn't quite understand the ending. Shouldn't Link have been more worried he was stranded in the middle of the sea than...you know.

My Pikmin are ready.

3DS Friend Code: 3625-7968-5215

Eel

Tylr wrote:

Just beat it yesterday. I didn't quite understand the ending. Shouldn't Link have been more worried he was stranded in the middle of the sea than...you know.

Oh, i guess he was just happy to see that his adventures in the island were, at least in part, real.
But we don't really know what happened to this link after this game though. He may be the same link from the oracle games, idk.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.