3DS Forum

Topic: Shin Megami Tensei IV

Showing 21 to 40 of 611

AuthorMessage
Avatar

mattatron

21. Posted:

I knew it was one of them. that was the series that got me playing RPGs when I was like 10 on my sega cd. Eternal Blue is still one of my favorite games of all time.

3DS FC: 4940-5666-3487. Games: KIU, code of princess
NNID: Mattatron

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ralizah

22. Posted:

mattatron wrote:

I knew it was one of them. that was the series that got me playing RPGs when I was like 10 on my sega cd. Eternal Blue is still one of my favorite games of all time.

Mine too. :)
The PS1 remake/updated re-release of Eternal Blue is perhaps my favorite game on that console. I attribute the long hours I spent playing the Lunar games and FF VII to the JRPG-loving adult I grew into.
Always nice to meet another fan!

Edited on by Ralizah

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage
Avatar

mattatron

23. Posted:

Yeah I bought both remakes instantly. I really loved Working Designs and the efforts they put into bringing the different extras and beautiful instruction booklets. I remember so many of their localizations were delayed, but so worth it. The dialogue in those games were amazing, NPCs would give 4 or 5 different responses. Not to mention all the fun pop culture references.

3DS FC: 4940-5666-3487. Games: KIU, code of princess
NNID: Mattatron

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ralizah

24. Posted:

mattatron wrote:

Yeah I bought both remakes instantly. I really loved Working Designs and the efforts they put into bringing the different extras and beautiful instruction booklets. I remember so many of their localizations were delayed, but so worth it. The dialogue in those games were amazing, NPCs would give 4 or 5 different responses. Not to mention all the fun pop culture references.

The dialogue in those games were so much fun. And the stuff that came with them were awesome. The lushly illustrated leather manuals? The maps and omake figures and soundtracks? Awesome! The pendant that came with Eternal Blue is still hanging in my closet.

Eternal Blue still has one of the best RPG storylines ever, in my opinion. The gradual humanizing of Lucia, the blossoming love and trust between her and Hiro, the tragic ending...it brings back good memories.

To be honest, I had a hard time choosing between Lucia and Lemina for my avatar. Both are great.

To be fair to Lunar 1, though, the cut-scene where Luna sings Wind's Nocturne is still pretty much the greatest thing ever in a video game.

Edited on by Ralizah

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage
Avatar

mattatron

25. Posted:

Last off topic post I promise, I think I still have the pendant tucked away with my old systems. Working Designs I miss you, your Arc the Lad collection had a ridiculous amount of extras and nobody else would have even released those games.

And just to put something on topic, Persona 2 on PSX was how I found the SMT series how about everyone else? Bought it in the bargain bin one day and after playing it started tracking down all the games I could from the series.

3DS FC: 4940-5666-3487. Games: KIU, code of princess
NNID: Mattatron

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SMEXIZELDAMAN

26. Posted:

Looks interesting. We'll see if I can get soul Hackers then if I like that.

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ralizah

27. Posted:

I'm an extremely late SMT fan. Overclocked is actually the first SMT (it may be a spin-off, but it is still a part of the franchise) game I've ever played. I'm not sure why it has taken me so long to find out about this series.

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Captain_Balko

28. Posted:

Ever since I heard about the Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei game I've been meaning to get into this series. I've never played any of the other games in the series, does anybody have some advice on where to start? Also, I'd prefer not to emulate anything or pay an absurd amount of money for an old game online, so if somebody could recommend a game in the series that wouldn't be too hard to find, that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Captain_Balko

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spoony_Tech

29. Posted:

Ralizah wrote:

I'm an extremely late SMT fan. Overclocked is actually the first SMT (it may be a spin-off, but it is still a part of the franchise) game I've ever played. I'm not sure why it has taken me so long to find out about this series.

Actually its my first as well. I played the first persona but didn't really get into it so I quite like after an hour or two. I've been meaning to pick up strange journey one day though!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ralizah

30. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

I'm an extremely late SMT fan. Overclocked is actually the first SMT (it may be a spin-off, but it is still a part of the franchise) game I've ever played. I'm not sure why it has taken me so long to find out about this series.

Actually its my first as well. I played the first persona but didn't really get into it so I quite like after an hour or two. I've been meaning to pick up strange journey one day though!

I'm planning to play all of the games released domestically by the end of 2014. If I can find a translated ROM, I might even play the original on the SNES. My next one will definitely be Soul Hackers.

Edited on by Ralizah

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage
Avatar

mattatron

31. Posted:

@tech101 you should definitely pick up strange journey. It is a very good game. Somewhat difficult, but most SMT games are pretty difficult. Especially when you aren't familiar with fusing and setting up teams of demons. The only slight downside to Strange Journey is the lack of press turns in the battle system.

3DS FC: 4940-5666-3487. Games: KIU, code of princess
NNID: Mattatron

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spoony_Tech

32. Posted:

mattatron wrote:

@tech101 you should definitely pick up strange journey. It is a very good game. Somewhat difficult, but most SMT games are pretty difficult. Especially when you aren't familiar with fusing and setting up teams of demons. The only slight downside to Strange Journey is the lack of press turns in the battle system.

I learned a bit from overclocked but I've got a feeling Soul Hackers is on a whole other level!! Thanks!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

33. Posted:

Nuts, I went to Gamestop to pre-order this game, and they didn't have it in their system at the time. They have it now, though, but I ended up pre-ordering Tales of Xillia, which comes out around the same time.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

34. Posted:

Ralizah wrote:

Tech101 wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

I'm an extremely late SMT fan. Overclocked is actually the first SMT (it may be a spin-off, but it is still a part of the franchise) game I've ever played. I'm not sure why it has taken me so long to find out about this series.

Actually its my first as well. I played the first persona but didn't really get into it so I quite like after an hour or two. I've been meaning to pick up strange journey one day though!

I'm planning to play all of the games released domestically by the end of 2014. If I can find a translated ROM, I might even play the original on the SNES. My next one will definitely be Soul Hackers.

I actually recommend against that unless you're a masochist. I'll admit that I liked the first SMT, but only because a) it was the first SMT game I'd played and b) I was a masochist at the time.

It starts out really rough. You don't get a demon until an hour in, you have nothing but a knife, and good luck getting through your first encounter. Negotiations are needlessly random, stressful, and risky. Save points are few and far between, and not every dungeon has one. Instant death skills show up rather quickly. There's no indication of what demons you'll get when you fuse, making fusion a tedious reset game. Difficulty's very uneven. It's really not worth it, IMO.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KingMike

35. Posted:

I also wonder what's up with the $50 price tag.

I remember when the first Digital Devil Saga cost an extra $5, but at least it came with a cardboard display box to store the game and the already-announced sequel. :)

KingMike

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

36. Posted:

I'd guess because quick localization. If it's as good as everyone else says about the series, it'll be worth every penny and more than most HD games anyway.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MikeDanger

37. Posted:

Pre-ordered regardlessly. I question the price tag, but I know there's gotta be a sweet pre-order bonus anyways.

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=41347

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spoony_Tech

38. Posted:

I'm still very curious if this will be 50$ on the eshop. I might preorder it then cancel if there is a 10$ difference. I don't need another cd or art book or whatever else they have in mind unless its mind blowing!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Pokefanmum82

39. Posted:

i doubt that they would make it less on the eShop...that's just going to piss retailers off.

looking forward to Super Smash Bros, Yoshi's Woolly World, OR/AS, Hyrule Warriors, Theatrhythm Curtain Call, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Pokémon Art Academy, Bayonetta 2, Fantasy Life, PL vs AA, Persona Q, and Story of Seasons.
3DS Friend Code: 5155-3206-9001
NNID: mumof3kids

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spoony_Tech

40. Posted:

mumof2kids82 wrote:

i doubt that they would make it less on the eShop...that's just going to piss retailers off.

I actually think there is a very good chance it will be 40$ on the shop. From what I can see most Atlus games on ds and 3ds have a very limited release as in mostly preoder only at stores like GameStop. Many gamestops might get an extra copy but that's it. Some stores won't even get one ever! Try finding a copy of the game anywhere without preordering and it will be difficult. I do have my fingers crossed however!!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech