Forums

Topic: Question about playing DS / DSiWare games online on 3DS

Posts 1 to 5 of 5

LordTendoboy

When I go to "Internet Settings," I see a secondary tab that says "Nintendo DS Connections". Do I need to set up my connection there to play DS / DSiWare games online, or will they work using the 3DS settings?

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

Undead_terror

i only needed one connection to play both 3ds and ds/dsiware games so dont bother with the other connection tab unless you want to use it in a different place
another note:if you didnt notice,if you play a ds game online and had friend codes on it saved,then put the card in another ds it would loose the fcs,but if you put the card in a 3ds its saved unlike putting it in another ds

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Jfilesguy

@dark-insanity are you shure? DSiWare games work online but I can't get my Animal Crossing FC! Help?

Video Games and I are gettin' old (And we still haven't walked in the glow Of each others majestic presence!)

What is the J files you may ask? Why only the biggest fad of 2023! :D

Ecto-1

I think that they put two sets of internet connections because of the changes in security features that were added with the DSi. The original DS and DS Lite only supported weak encryption (WEP if I remember right) while DSiWare and the 3DS support slightly stronger encryption (WPA I think). Dark-Insanity's setup may be using the weaker encryption, thus the one setting was able to work with everything on his.

Edited on by Ecto-1

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

theblackdragon

Ecto-1 is correct — original DS games only support WEP connections and will not work with WPA or stronger. DSi and 3DS games support a wider range of security settings. that's why Jfilesguy can use his DSiWare titles online but not find his AC:WW FC (the game doesn't recognize his connection), and that's why the 3DS gives you that option, Tendoboy.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.