Forums

Topic: Pokémon Sun & Moon - Discussion & Speculation

Posts 3,921 to 3,940 of 3,958

Calllack

@Rexcalibr Try using Pokémon Showdown. You can play matches with real people using any pokemon possible.

~~~~

Calllack

My Nintendo: Cal | Nintendo Network ID: Calllack

jump

http://www.polygon.com/2017/2/24/14729774/pokemon-nintendo-sw...

It sounds like Stars may only be a rumour, the Poke-boss says he's unsure of how to do the mainline Poke-games on the Switch. Of course it might be nothing but if something was in the pipeline I would of expected a different non-committal response.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

-Juice-

jump wrote:

It sounds like Stars may only be a rumour, the Poke-boss says he's unsure of how to do the mainline Poke-games on the Switch. Of course it might be nothing but if something was in the pipeline I would of expected a different non-committal response.

Could mean something (terrible at that), or it could just be more BS in order to make 3DS owners feel more comfortable.

I mean, let's be honest: only an idiot wouldn't know how to bring handheld Pokemon to what is, in itself, just a glorified HD handheld. Hopefully Nintendo is standing over them and aggressively asserting their dominance over Game Freak to make sure they know they don't have a choice. It has long been known that Pokemon is what sells most Nintendo consoles lately. It's imperative that Nintendo get Game Freak to move to the Switch by whatever means necessary.

Edited on by -Juice-

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

Pokefanmum82

No it's not imperative. Wii sold well enough without a mainline Pokémon game and so will the Switch.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

-Juice-

Pokefanmum82 wrote:

No it's not imperative. Wii sold well enough without a mainline Pokémon game and so will the Switch.

That was a little over a decade ago. The Wii was a fad that appealed because it used the classic tactic of promising exercise without the user noticing it. That's why it was a success. It's unlikely Nintendo will ever strike that again though. Times have changed, handhelds have been the market Nintendo dominates lately, yet even the 3DS was close to failing until Pokemon XY were announced. Pokemon sells consoles.

Edited on by -Juice-

jump

Pokefanmum82 wrote:

It's more about there no longer being a seperate portable and home console line which has been a reason why there were no main poke-games before.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Bolt_Strike

jump wrote:

It better only be a rumor, Stars is a phenomenally stupid idea and I would hope Game Freak is smart enough not to go through with it. The Switch's first Pokemon game needs to make a big splash, it should really be an 8th gen game, not a generic third version.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Pokefanmum82

Just because the Switch has a portable aspect doesn't mean that's it is suited to mainline Pokémon game. With the Switch it would be hard to trade Pokémon with other people while on the road since Wifi hotspots are not too common right now. I just don't think it's as easy as you people seem to think it is to make Pokémon work for this home console. I'd love to be proven wrong but I think people are being naive right now about the Switch. Don't get me wrong I am getting a Switch too but I prefer the 3DS line for my Pokémon gaming needs.
And second of all I agree with Bolt Strike that the next generation is the one that should be on the Switch or maybe a game where you have more than one region at a time.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

jump

Pokefanmum82 wrote:

Just because the Switch has a portable aspect doesn't mean that's it is suited to mainline Pokémon game. With the Switch it would be hard to trade Pokémon with other people while on the road since Wifi hotspots are not too common right now.

The Switch is just like the 3DS where it can connect via both local wireless and internet.

The vast majority of trades aren't even in done in person anymore.

Nicolai wrote:

Araquanid

I doubt we'll get DPP remakes for gen 7. Especially when their second most recent game was a remake for another generation. I could see a third alola game introducing new islands or another BW2, and a gen 4 remake in mid/late gen 8, but not this soon.

In regards to the switch, I agree they should just end gen 7 on the 3ds, however I'd be totally down for them to pull another gen 3 with having spinoff console games in addition to the mainline games. It'd be cool to see maybe a XD/Colosseum remake for the switch while gen 7 closes out on the 3ds.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Calllack

@Araquanid This is irrelevant to Pokémon but your signature claims you changed your username in "November 2017" and I want to know where you got the time machine.

~~~~

Calllack

My Nintendo: Cal | Nintendo Network ID: Calllack

Araquanid

@Calllack That is very weird I don't even remember doing that.

Huh thanks for letting me know,. oopsies.

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Rexcalibr

I am about 25 hours in the story mode. I am just trying to beat it so I can start battling online.

Do a lot of people still battle online and is it easy to find people to battle with? and can someone tell me how it is?

also, if anyone can trade me a Happini or Chansey for something? I don't have many things that are good but I do have a shiny Ratticate if anyone wants to trade that for something.

Rexcalibr

roy130390

@Rexcalibr Yup, the pokemon community will keep being quite active on this game until the next one comes out and even then you'll still find a considerable amount of people playing it. You literally have years to play an active pvp.

Hey, do you want a shiny evee?

Me too.

Joking, add my friend code: 2380-5035-0578 and I'll trade you one if you are interested. By the way, I hope you don't get me wrong but I have the impression that you are a newcomer to the pokemon games or that you don't have much experience battling online. If that's the case, I really recommend you to see youtube videos on how to be a competitive player, so that you don't get frustrated since competitive pokemon have a considerable advantage. The game and the competitive scene are really different.

Edited on by roy130390

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

Rexcalibr

roy130390 wrote:

@Rexcalibr Yup, the pokemon community will keep being quite active on this game until the next one comes out and even then you'll still find a considerable amount of people playing it. You literally have years to play an active pvp.

Hey, do you want a shiny evee?

Me too.

Joking, add my friend code: 2380-5035-0578 and I'll trade you one if you are interested. By the way, I hope you don't get me wrong but I have the impression that you are a newcomer to the pokemon games or that you don't have much experience battling online. If that's the case, I really recommend you to see youtube videos on how to be a competitive player, so that you don't get frustrated since competitive pokemon have a considerable advantage. The game and the competitive scene are really different.

I will give you a shiny Ratticate (purple) if you want to trade me a shiny Eevee… I have all the Eevee evolutions except Umbreon.

Just have to figure out how to add someone on your friends list. So far, haven't had the easiest time in their online mode. I couldn't figure out how to set my team up because it wouldn't let me select pokemon already in my party of the single player mode...

Rexcalibr

DefHalan

Do people still consider this"best Pokemon game in ages" because I have found it to be boring. The hand holding, the constant interriptions to the flow for story, the lack of creative design outside of the art. I am pretty disappointed so far. Finding it difficult to even finish, I am on the 4th island now.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

VoltageX

@DefHalan Didnt finish it either. I mean, I can understand why people like it in terms of changing the gameplay and being a fresh new game, but... it didnt feel like pokemon to me. ORAS and XY were much much more fun in my opinion, and sun and moon just felt really slow paced and not exactly what I searched for in a pokemon game

VoltageX

roy130390

@DefHalan Personally, I do. The game does have a slow start but other than that I don't see much more hand holding than in the other games. I appreciated that this time it had a better, heartwarming story and I suppose that by flow you meant doing your own thing since normally games feel interrumpted when something distracts you too much from the main story and not otherwise. I also appreciated having more difficulty, cool pokemon designs with interesting combat abilities, the vibrant colors, changing the chibi characters, better character customization, poke pelago to make me feel less guilty, the original idea for the battle champion and the rematch, the return of some popular characters, team skull is lame but at least entertaining, the nice music, the return of mega evoution and the ability to mount pokemon.

I did dislike some stuff: the fishing feels lame since it's limited to specific points, the hyper training (or lack of it) feels like a step back ( I did appreciate the ability to turn a pokemon into a competitive one by changing it's ivs even if they didn't carry to the next generation) and while the Alolan region is quite nice, I feel like it needs more epic places to visit and mysteries left to discover. I know that the internet influences a lot in this, but even pokemon X and Y, being the oldest 3DS pokemon games, still have some things that where never resolved like the ghost girl or the lava pokemon that was supposed to appear in Luminose City. I would appreciate more haunting places since, yeah, Mimikyu's challenge is nice and all but it ends way too fast. A creepy mansion or ruins with a large size and lots of stuff to discover would be really appreciated.

Edited on by roy130390

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

Rexcalibr

@DefHalan

I hate the story to be honest. Find it incredibly boring and at this point, I just mash the A button to get through the dialogue some times.

Rexcalibr

-Juice-

Rexcalibr wrote:

@DefHalan

I hate the story to be honest. Find it incredibly boring and at this point, I just mash the A button to get through the dialogue some times.

Slow down and live a little man.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.