Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross)

Posts 301 to 320 of 333

CrazedCavalier

Apparently Mizutsune's AI got completely re-worked and it's a lot more aggressive now. Also, Glavenus' tail projectile reportedly comes out faster and has better targeting/homing to it and Gammoth's AOE snow attacks got their hitboxes fixed.

And now random geeky calcs that probably concern nobody but myself. With Ultra Crit (which is on the Deviant Astalos set) and the extra 10% to affinity from Energy Charge II the final Deviant Astalos SA has an effective might of 483, taking purple sharpness into account. The Deviant Mizutsune SA, once again taking the same factors into account (except obviously white sharpness this time), gets... 549 effective might in sword mode and 458 might in axe mode. Funnily, the Astalos SA in this situation effectively has a power phial in either mode (50% affinity and Ultra Crit makes crits do 40% more damage, which evens out to a 20% boost).

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: thedanman88

crimsontadpoles

It's nice to see the rest of the Fated Four get Deviant forms. It seemed weird that only Glavenus got one in Generations.

Even though I preferred 4U to Generations, one thing I loved about Generations was the sheer variety of different monsters. And now XX has an even larger number of monsters.

Latias likes to play.

My Anime List
Every one of the cards has its own character and is very powerful

My Wii U and 3DS username is Crimson

Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

Tsurii

Apparently g rank hypers have more HP than lv140 GQ monsters...@FattyWhale_42 looks like we're skipping G rank's Hyper Seltas Queen

Edited on by Tsurii

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

3DS FC 4313-4260-0008

meleebrawler

@Tsurii I doubt they'll have the 50% or higher overall defense unlike the super-level Deviants, though.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Tsurii

@meleebrawler obviously. They probably get their ridiculous attack boosts tho and Hyper Seltas Queen was already kind of bs imo lel
Stupid thing handed me my ass on a silver platter the first time because I didn't expect her to hit like a literal train haha

Chew.

3DS FC 4313-4260-0008

meleebrawler

@Tsurii Hyper Seltas Queen is a bit of an anomaly among those, you never, ever fight another monster at the same time as a Hyper one, not even in hyper hunt-a-thons, to the point where I thought it was a system limitation, but she kind of breaks that ''rule'' with her mate. And the terrifying speed boosts she gets on her charge and especially tail moves is much scarier than any amount of power.

Tsurii

@meleebrawler my main issue withher is that she can chain those dumb charges ad nauseam lel

She literally wouldn't stop for a minute when we fought her and the "fight" more or less amounted to diving back and forth.

I'm legitimately scared of her g rank equivalent haha

Chew.

3DS FC 4313-4260-0008

CrazedCavalier

Kiranico's XX side of things is now in English: https://mhxxx.kiranico.com/ Not everything's translated, but it's a lot more usable than it was before.

@Tsurii It's singing to the tune of 20,000 HP in G-rank-- more than twice the HP of its high-rank counterpart.

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

CrazedCavalier

@Joeynator3000 It's been teased for the Switch. I could see early next year, with an announcement at E3 and Japan getting the Switch version around the holidays.

meleebrawler

@Tsurii Well, if you're fighting in a team yourself, you can prevent all of that by keeping her drone busy. She can't chain anything without being linked up with him.

Tsurii

They didn't tease Double Cross for Switch. They were asked about MH in general, not XX in particular. For all we know they might be working on 5 on the thing.

Chew.

3DS FC 4313-4260-0008

Joeynator3000

Well, since Gen is $20, guess I'll give it another try. But yeah I just got bored once I got to the hypers. (and Amatsu stressed me out....and Alatreon just made me want to throw my 3DS out the window, lol)

insert reason for avi change here
YES I MAKE STUPID MISTAKES CONSTANTLY, LEAVE ME ALONE!!!
ZOMG YOUTUBE!!!
Twitch!
My own Discord channel, talk to meh!!
Here's a video of Sanya fighting a twist tie.
We're losing to WALUIGI!!!
Switch FC: SW-2301-6106-1058

Twitter:

CrazedCavalier

@Tsurii @Joeynator3000 While not direct, I still believe there's evidence pointing towards it. 90% sure on the matter-- Capcom themselves said they wanted to grow the brand in the West and were able to "quite easily" bring the current series' engine over to the Switch.

Tsurii

TFW you know exactly what set and weapon you want to work towards before a game's even announced for your region...XD

Challenger+2, Trueshot Up, Normal/Rapid Up, Weakness Exploit, Crit Boost

Nerscylla bow has 30% natural affinity > 45% during rage > 95% on weak spots lel

Making the set is gonna be a [female dog] tho haha
Pretty sure part of it is hyper Silver Rath's g rank cousin.

I already have that charm tho. "Only" takes a Tenderizer+5 ooo and you don't even need weapon slots. I gotta look at those g rank deviant bows again.

Chew.

3DS FC 4313-4260-0008

meleebrawler

@Tsurii You may want to consider the Thunderlord set for bow usage. Having both Focus (in G) and Marathon Runner, two very useful skills for that weapon, and alternative ways to raise affinity (Antivirus and Latent Power+2).

Tsurii

@meleebrawler Thunderlord looks like ass tho.

Chew.

3DS FC 4313-4260-0008

meleebrawler

@Tsurii Polymerization, tho.

Edit: Actually, speaking of Antivirus... how are the Chaotic Gore weapons?

Edited on by meleebrawler

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic