Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 3,781 to 3,800 of 5,926

TeeJay

Okay I'm on my way!

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Haru17

TeeJay wrote:

@Haru17 I myself find the combat style very interesting, especially when you have power and speed monster juices in effect. In fact, I generally don't attack at all unless i have at least a power boost, since without boosts the Glaive itsslf is pretty sluggish and weak.

I believe Capcom stated what the inspiration was for the Glaive's fighting style with all its flipping and spinning but i can't recall what it was.

Well, I assume it's some type of bo staff martial arts. Anyway, that was just how I feel about it. So many people play as it already that it's probably for the best that I prefer other weapons.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Fidu21

the staff hits so fast with the red buff, it's insane. Also, i love the design of the Kecha Wacha staff, it's like Son Goku's staff (well, it kinda is, kecha's gear being mostly based in Journey to the West XD)

Is the Arachnoscale CB any good? i made it scince i have no poison weps and want to go against Kushala Daora

Edited on by Fidu21

Fidu21

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5551-7202 | Nintendo Network ID: Fidu21

TeeJay

Yeah you really carried us through that Black Gravios quest @JaxonH. That thing had way more moves than HR Black Gravios. Thanks for all the help!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

JaxonH

Morpheel wrote:

That was a lot of fun again!

Sorry if we leaned too much on you, Jaxon. We kinda fainted a lot.

@TeeJay

Nah, you guys did fine. Those were some tough quests. But I should warn you, that's the easiest it's gonna be the rest of the game. It only gets harder. Like I was telling Morph, I'd use every armor stone from the DLC to craft Divine spheres, since those are rarest. Then go farm Strong to max your defense with the two types of spheres. You're gonna need 700+ if you plan to craft elder dragon armor. And trust me, you want elder dragon armor. Most sets start at 109 def per piece and come with top grade skills like handicraft, fencing, HG earplugs, etc.. Basic spheres can get you close to 700, and that's before even using any strong or divine.

That's you guys' only downfall right now, is your defense.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@TeeJay @Morpheel
Once y'all get your defense high enough to take on elder dragons in G3 (basically all G3 is, just elder dragon quests), let me know and I can help you find a good set. I personally recommend making a mix set for your endgame armor. There so much better than the full sets and if you do it right you can still look good. That Lance set I have looks decent (Ukanlos and Teostra) and comes with Sharpness+1 and Fencing right off the bat, with 11 slots (4 doubles and a triple). You can make crazy good sets with that template. My other mix is Kushala and Chameleos, and it's just plain wicked. HG Earplugs, 3 points from handicraft, Windproof Hi, 3 points from Evasion, 2 points from Status, and an uncountable number of slots. There's others as well, but none as good as those two, nor as good looking for male armor (female is different story).

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

TeeJay

@JaxonH Everstone? Which DLC is that?

JaxonH

TeeJay wrote:

@JaxonH Everstone? Which DLC is that?

Armor stones. Everyone got 20 in the last Gift pack, you fuse them with various ore and bugs to make armor spheres. I think it's Flutterfly or Allfire Stone with an armor stone to make divine armor spheres. Cosmicite Ore or Hercudrome for Strong? Something like that. I'll check tomorrow.

You can actually get armor stones from elder dragon guild quests leveled 90-100 I think, but it's faster and more efficient to just farm divine armor spheres directly by doing the certain monsters guild quests level 126-140.

Edited on by JaxonH

TeeJay

@JaxonH I don't mean to be this clueless but I'm not entirely sure I know what you mean when you refer to monsters being at levels. How does a monster "level up" and how do i check what level a monster is at?

Boy G Rank is way different than the rest of the game

Iggly

I wish there was an easier way to farm for Divine Armor Spheres since doing Guild Quests can be really tough at the higher levels. Pretty much to the point where my current Blademaster armor can get 1shotted like my Gunner armor, but easier to die since you gotta get close to the monster unlike Gunner weapons.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

JaxonH

@TeeJay
You need to start hunting on expeditions. When you do, depending how many monsters you kill and/or shinies you pick up, you can get certain guild quests. Certain monsters give certain guild quests, but it's rarely the same monster (you'll hardly ever get a Gore Magala guild quest from killing a Gore Magala). You can look online to see which monsters yield which guild quests.

Anyways, depending on whether your expedition is low, high or G rank, that determines the general level of the quest you get. I think G rank officially starts at level 76 or 86? Something like that. That's when the rewards and carves switch over from hi rank materials to G rank materials. When you play a guild quest it's basically the same thing as an expedition except you're only hunting the monster in that guild quest. And there is no veggie elder at the end where you can leave. It's an actual quest and you actually have to hunt the monster. Each time you beat the quest it levels up. And there are certain guild quests that, when in a certain sweet spot of levels, they can yield special rewards. Most elder dragon guild quests yield armor stones in the reward box if they are level 90-100. And there's a list of certain monsters that yield true armor spheres at level 126-140. And there's another set of monsters that yield divine armor spneres at level 126-140. There is also a separate list of elder dragons they can yield those two armor spheres at level 136-140.

Now keep in mind, that's a very small window of opportunity. Especially when the guild quest jumps 3 levels every time you beat it. So it's good to have multiple guild quests right underneath that level you want to hit. That way you can play it a few times and get it up to 90, or 126, or whatever, and then farm the rewards for a good 5 or 10 quests.

Also keep in mind, level 86 is g rank. 9 stars. As these quests level up, they get insanely hard. WAYYYY harder than G rank. Me, Iggly and Neptune took down a level 137 Deviljho, and it was the fight of a lifetime. I can usually solo G rank Deviljho in 10 minutes. But a level 137? He was nearly one shotting hunters with 900 defense. Just mopping the floor with us, and we are all very experienced hunters. And once a guild quest reaches around level 136, the monster goes Apex.

So if you want divine armor spheres, you need to start farming guild quests for them. And you're going to need those divine armor spears if you ever plan to get past where you're at now. I would recommend heading out on expeditions on a regular basis and start accumulating guild quests. You want to fight a variety of different monsters so you can get a variety of different guild quests. I have some I can give you, some good ones that yield divine spheres, but I only have 2 or 3 unregistered slots and I can't delete the other 7 because I don't want to lose them (like Lv120 double Rajang, Lv127 Double Jho, Lv127 Kushala, etc). You can store up to 50 quests but you can only have 10 registered at a time. And it's the registered quests that are the ones you can play and send to others. Problem is once you register it, it's there until you delete it. So basically, when you register a quest, you want to make sure you're actually going to finish it because it's going to be taking up a slot and the only way to get rid of it is to delete it.

TeeJay

@JaxonH Okay...I'll check out the link in a second, but I have one more question: Obviously by now I have Low Rank, High Rank and G Rank expeditions opened up to me now. Is there any point in doing Low Rank and High Rank Expeditions at the point in the game? Should I just start with G?

Also this sounds like it'll be several months before I can be able to hold my own in G3 if I'm only just starting to go on expeditions now.

JaxonH

Not really. Only reason you MAY need to is if you need low/hi rank materials from a monster exclusive to the Everwood, like Ruby basarios. I'll give you a quick example. I was making a set with sheathing talisman and needed a +3 sheathing jewel to finish the set. Problem is that particular decoration requires 2 Ruby Basarios wings, which means I needed to find a high rank Ruby Basarios. Thankfully @Morpheel stepped up and shared his Lv 56 Ruby Basarios guild quest with me, and I was able to farm the materials I needed. But generally speaking no, you shouldn't need to.

And sharing guild quests is a big thing in monster Hunter. If you have some good ones to trade you can pretty much just keep trading those with various people you run into for good guild quests they have and over the period of a few weeks you can accumulate pretty much every guild quest you'll ever need. I like I said, I can get you started off with some really top rate guild quests. And then hopefully if you go online with some random's you can ask them if anyone has some good guild quests they'd be willing to trade for the ones you have

Astraea

Oh yeah, I still need to get that Deviljho quest up to level 140. Although, at this point it may be better to start from scratch and level up another quest with a different weapon bias. I have a Jho GQ with a Great Sword/Long Sword and a Dual Jho with a Switch Axe/Charge Blade/Insect Glaive weapon bias.

I've been busy farming elder dragons this week. I got myself a full set of EX Borealis armor and it works great against Shah Dalamadur. I just need a bunch of rippers so I can get the EX Escadora amor.

Astraea

JaxonH

@TeeJay

TRU ARMOR SPHERES
LV81-100: Yian Garuga/Kirin family/Gore Magala/Zinogre family/Tigrex family/Bracchy
LV76-100: Kushala/Shagaru/Teostra/Rajang

DIVINE ARMOR SPHERES
LV136-140: Velocidrome/Yian Kut-Ku/Blue Yian Kut-Ku/Basarios/Ruby Basarios
LV126-140: Tigrex family/Zinogre family/Diablos family/Plum Daimyo/Yian Garuga/Gore and Shagaru/Seregios/Bracchy/Kirin family/Kushala/Teostra/Chameleos/Rajang/Deviljho

JaxonH

Neptune wrote:

Oh yeah, I still need to get that Deviljho quest up to level 140. Although, at this point it may be better to start from scratch and level up another quest with a different weapon bias. I have a Jho GQ with a Great Sword/Long Sword and a Dual Jho with a Switch Axe/Charge Blade/Insect Glaive weapon bias.

I've been busy farming elder dragons this week. I got myself a full set of EX Borealis armor and it works great against Shah Dalamadur. I just need a bunch of rippers so I can get the EX Escadora amor.

How high level is the insect glaive one? I'd be down for glaive, Lance, dual blades, hunting horn or even HBG. I've never gotten weapons significantly better than what I can craft/hone, but I know you showed me those weapons you got- i'd love to get an insect glaive like THAT. So if you ever want to top off a quest to 140 just let me know. I'd be down to finish the one we started just so we can get the badge for finishing a 140 quest.

Astraea

I don't know. Usually the best relics come from lv 140 Elder Dragons and Rajang + etc. The most popular GQ is Rajang + Velocidrome since it's relatively easy to complete compared to the Elder Dragons.

Edited on by Astraea

Astraea

Eel

Huh had I know heavy and strong armor spheres are so plentiful in the G volcanic hollow, I would've never used those 9 armor stones to get them

Anyway, anyone know what's the mineral/bug you need to combine with the stones to get divine spheres? None of the ones I have right now gives that variety.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.