Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 3,761 to 3,780 of 5,926

Haru17

Vizard17 wrote:

I completed all the aged texts from the G - ranks and I didn't got any rusted Kushala Doara :s, I unlocked the last quest called ''Monster hunter'' but I still couldn't get the rusted Kushala Daora, is it randomized on what quest you get?

It pops in and out. For now just look up rusted Kushala online. Some other players will have it.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Vizard18

Haru17 wrote:

Vizard17 wrote:

I completed all the aged texts from the G - ranks and I didn't got any rusted Kushala Doara :s, I unlocked the last quest called ''Monster hunter'' but I still couldn't get the rusted Kushala Daora, is it randomized on what quest you get?

It pops in and out. For now just look up rusted Kushala online. Some other players will have it.

Ah I see, thanks!

Games
The legend of zelda OoT
Mario kart 7
Pokemon Y
Super smash bros. 4
Pokemon Omega Ruby
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon
Monster Hunter Generations

3DS Friend Code: 1435-4094-0912 | Nintendo Network ID: Ittoryu67

Haru17

Man, after learning the insect glaive's tomfoolery and the insane amount of different combos the charge blade has (not to mention guard points) I'm just further impressed by the combat design in this game. I struggle to see how they could think up many more weapons in future installments... which is why I think they should revamp some of the older, outdated weapons.

The prime example of this is, I feel, the dual blades. They're a cool idea for a weapon, but in practice they involve a lot of button mashing and... not much else. You don't get any reach or much control over the direction of your attacks, so intentional part-breaking is out of the picture. And there is no utility for the weapon; just pure dps. I think the dullest hunt in the game is something like dual blades vs chameleos, because on the bigger monsters it really is just sawing wood; cutting into the wall of flesh over and over again until it falls over.

Some more intentional attack animations or perhaps even jump abilities would made the dual blades feel more unique and interesting, I feel.

Spoony_Tech

FattyWhale_42 wrote:

Fidu21 wrote:

Well, i found this XD
Untitled

that the whale signal? XD

All I see is a a big "u". So... I'm not sure. xD

You know what funny is on the site I see a U but in my email I seen the whale(bat) symbol.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

dkxcalibur

I'm finally up to 4 Star Caravan quest, 2 star Guild quest, and HR 2. I've been working through the Event quest that are around my skill level, and I've been getting great help from higher ranked randoms with stuff like the "USJ: High-fire Act" event quest....I'm trying to create the Blue Star Armor! I just upgraded my Charge Blade from the Defender's Blade to the Kaiser Blade and I'm still running with the Tetsucabra armor set. I recently grabbed the Blanka stuff for the palicos.

dkxcalibur

Switch Friend Code: SW-5151-3792-5816 | 3DS Friend Code: 5043-3314-9733 | My Nintendo: dkxcalibur | Nintendo Network ID: dkxcalibur

TeeJay

Haru17 wrote:

Man, after learning the insect glaive's tomfoolery and the insane amount of different combos the charge blade has (not to mention guard points) I'm just further impressed by the combat design in this game. I struggle to see how they could think up many more weapons in future installments... which is why I think they should revamp some of the older, outdated weapons.

The prime example of this is, I feel, the dual blades. They're a cool idea for a weapon, but in practice they involve a lot of button mashing and... not much else. You don't get any reach or much control over the direction of your attacks, so intentional part-breaking is out of the picture. And there is no utility for the weapon; just pure dps. I think the dullest hunt in the game is something like dual blades vs chameleos, because on the bigger monsters it really is just sawing wood; cutting into the wall of flesh over and over again until it falls over.

Some more intentional attack animations or perhaps even jump abilities would made the dual blades feel more unique and interesting, I feel.

Isn't the Insect Glaive amazing? I used the Switch Axe before permanently migrating to the IG after learning about its various quirks.

Can't say I know much about using dual blades, but they do look a bit hack-and-slash-y.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

FattyWhale_42

Spoony_Tech wrote:

FattyWhale_42 wrote:

Fidu21 wrote:

Well, i found this XD
Untitled

that the whale signal? XD

All I see is a a big "u". So... I'm not sure. xD

You know what funny is on the site I see a U but in my email I seen the whale(bat) symbol.

Haha, that would be awesome! xD

FattyWhale_42

Switch Friend Code: SW-4410-3079-4430

Haru17

TeeJay wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Isn't the Insect Glaive amazing? I used the Switch Axe before permanently migrating to the IG after learning about its various quirks.

Can't say I know much about using dual blades, but they do look a bit hack-and-slash-y.

The insect glaive is clever, what with the puppet master emphasis and all, but it's basic attacks feel dull to me like that of the hunting horn. It's special abilities are much more interesting than it is to actually play with it.

TeeJay

@Haru17 I myself find the combat style very interesting, especially when you have power and speed monster juices in effect. In fact, I generally don't attack at all unless i have at least a power boost, since without boosts the Glaive itsslf is pretty sluggish and weak.

I believe Capcom stated what the inspiration was for the Glaive's fighting style with all its flipping and spinning but i can't recall what it was.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Eel

I tried my luck soloing Molten Tigrex, I failed the quest (almost ran out of time too), but I can say it wasn't so bad. It's kinda slow.

I guess my problem was that I wasn't doing much damage to it with my pointy stick...

At least I could cut the tail

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

TeeJay

@Morpheel Sounds like you're in need of a weapon upgrade

Eel

That's part of the reason I need molten Tigrex materials

I'm just not good at hunting big hall monsters solo.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

FattyWhale_42

Morpheel wrote:

Why do it solo?

FattyWhale_42

TeeJay

Morpheel wrote:

That's the part where you come ask for help

FattyWhale_42

Morpheel wrote:

Mostly to see what happened xD

Got time to hunt right now?

I do.

FattyWhale_42

TeeJay

FattyWhale_42 wrote:

Morpheel wrote:

Mostly to see what happened xD

Got time to hunt right now?

I do.

If i can find an internet connection I'm in. (Not home atm)

JaxonH

@Morpheel
I'm down, if there's still room for one more...

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.