Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 3DS

Posts 261 to 280 of 1,519

Papa_Godzilla

first day buy too. i really loved the ps2 one. i discovered it too late and didnt had a chance to try in depth the online feature.
then never got into the latest generation console else than the 3ds.
handheld console suits my need

Papa_Godzilla

zezhyrule

pixelman wrote:

Explain to me how you could do that in Tri (without clawing). Your right thumb can only be on the face buttons or the right analog stick at one time. It's exactly the same with this scheme, except you press and hold L instead of moving your thumb down to the right analog stick. If moving while attacking while dodging while moving the camera matters is that important to you, you'd probably figure out how to do the reverse claw (or just play it on a PSP, haha ). I never had a single instance where I needed to do that though.

On the right side of the screen there should be a few large icons for items (like potions) so you can tap them quickly with your thumb, and then smaller icons for the stylus (like traps and stuff). Obviously it'll take a bit of thought, time and precision to tap them correctly, but it takes thought and a lot more time to scroll through them in other MH games too. :3

I kinda like abgar's idea of having only-giant icons and scrolling through them by sliding your stylus or thumb or whatever, though that'd have to be tweaked to perfection, haha.

You keep bringing up MHT like it's the standard for MH controls or something. You know there have been lots more before it :3

And I could see the touch screen stuff working, but changing through items using L + A/Y doesn't take much time, it becomes naturally to do quickly during battle once you play for a while. But yeah the controls you said sound great for the console, and it's just another style of controls us MH players will have to get used to just like the switch to PSP and Wii. Then of course we have to wonder what kind of controls Capcom will actually use.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

Eel

I still try to open the item box with [square] in the wii from time to time.

If they do make MH3DS (and they still use a button to use items) i hope they leave the option to keep the item spot empty, i always end up randomly using items trying to climb walls on the PSP (i don't know why i press the wrong button every time, though).

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

komicturtle

I'm still opting for customization of controls for 3DS.

komicturtle

retired_account

zezhyrule wrote:

pixelman wrote:

Explain to me how you could do that in Tri (without clawing). Your right thumb can only be on the face buttons or the right analog stick at one time. It's exactly the same with this scheme, except you press and hold L instead of moving your thumb down to the right analog stick. If moving while attacking while dodging while moving the camera matters is that important to you, you'd probably figure out how to do the reverse claw (or just play it on a PSP, haha ). I never had a single instance where I needed to do that though.

On the right side of the screen there should be a few large icons for items (like potions) so you can tap them quickly with your thumb, and then smaller icons for the stylus (like traps and stuff). Obviously it'll take a bit of thought, time and precision to tap them correctly, but it takes thought and a lot more time to scroll through them in other MH games too. :3

I kinda like abgar's idea of having only-giant icons and scrolling through them by sliding your stylus or thumb or whatever, though that'd have to be tweaked to perfection, haha.

You keep bringing up MHT like it's the standard for MH controls or something. You know there have been lots more before it :3

And I could see the touch screen stuff working, but changing through items using L + A/Y doesn't take much time, it becomes naturally to do quickly during battle once you play for a while. But yeah the controls you said sound great for the console, and it's just another style of controls us MH players will have to get used to just like the switch to PSP and Wii. Then of course we have to wonder what kind of controls Capcom will actually use.

The Tri controls are the same as the original MH game. I'm constantly referring to it because this scheme is a sub for the dual stick controls, not the painfully awkward claw. :3

Scrolling through items always bothered me in Tri. A lot of times I'd accidentally use one, which drove me crazy, haha. That'd probably be a problem with the touch screen too, but if I could deal with it in Tri I can deal with it again.

And, yeah, I hope Capcom doesn't cop out and just provide the reverse claw and gimmicky touch screen controls. :/

retired_account

zezhyrule

pixelman wrote:

The Tri controls are the same as the original MH game. I'm constantly referring to it because this scheme is a sub for the dual stick controls, not the painfully awkward claw. :3

OBJECTION!

Untitled
So you say the controls in MHT are the same as the PS2 correct? Might I point you to this piece of evidence... >:3

Of course, those controls are in MHT, like you said, but it's the Classic Controller Pro 2 config that uses them. Notice, the 'claw' in question is required for hunting with CCP2 if you aren't a L-button centering n00b.

yes I've been playing lots of PW lately sorry D:

Edited on by zezhyrule

Eel

Using teh claw is pretty hard in MHTri, though. (using the CCP, compared to the PSP)
Thank jebus we have the second analog.

Bloop.

retired_account

zezhyrule wrote:

pixelman wrote:

OBJECTION!

Untitled
So you say the controls in MHT are the same as the PS2 correct? Might I point you to this piece of evidence... >:3

Of course, those controls are in MHT, like you said, but it's the Classic Controller Pro 2 config that uses them. Notice, the 'claw' in question is required for hunting with CCP2 if you aren't a L-button centering n00b.

yes I've been playing lots of PW lately sorry D:

Oh dear lord that looks awful. Okay, let's just say Tri's controls are the best. :3

retired_account

retired_account

Haha. By the way, the announcement is supposed to be made at Capcom Captivate, which is on the 6th-7th. We should know if we'll get MH3DS this week!

retired_account

Eel

i will continue it
Oh well, the NGP has way too many ways to move the camera... You know, dual analogs, back track pad, tilt, it's kind of obnoxious.

Bloop.

zezhyrule

abgar wrote:

i will continue it
Oh well, the NGP has way too many ways to move the camera... You know, dual analogs, back track pad, tilt, it's kind of obnoxious.

...?

I won't even break this comment down to show how bleh it is

Eel

i just meant, there are many different ways you could use the NGP many new features to control the camera (though the dual analogs would be the more obvious option)

Bloop.

TeeJay

zezhyrule VS. everyone else

That's what I see when I visit this thread.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

zezhyrule

@tj: Sadly I'm the only MH lover willing to get my hands dirty in this thread D:

abgar wrote:

i just meant, there are many different ways you could use the NGP many new features to control the camera (though the dual analogs would be the more obvious option)

Nice to know...? Explain how the touch pad would be good for controlling the camera? Or the motion sensor? Or why it's bad it has so many options?

Eel

well, you could control the camera with your middle (or other) finger while battling with no need to move your finger from the face buttons. (swipe up, camera goes up, etc)
You could tilt the system to move the camera, like on that demo they released not long ago.

And it would be awkward because none of these options would really work well. (except maybe for the touch one)
That and i really wanted to use that word

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

komicturtle

So, is MHP3rd going to NGP indefinitely? And what does that mean for the US release of that game? Like rumor stated: "English translator confirmed MH for 3DS" so this probably means that MHP3rd has been already translated (or in deep process) and that MHp3rd may skip the PSP and go to the 3DS and then NGP later this year if I put two and two together. Of course, it's a guess. But it does make sense, right?

The bad part: those wanting to get MHP3rd for their PSP in the US may not even get it for their system. Still some hope. April 6th is creeping closer

komicturtle

Joeynator3000

...I'm lost, I thought 3rd was already released in Japan as a PSP game. How can it skip the PSP? lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

SMEXIZELDAMAN

zezhyrule wrote:

Okay, cool.

and here's the only sane way any person would control the camera

Pix's idea would actually work well. With the sucess of MH3 on teh Wii I don't see any reason why they wouldn't make it on 3DS

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.