Forums

Topic: Mario kart 7 Discussion

Posts 1,061 to 1,080 of 3,385

Scicri

MK7 wrote:

http://www.pidgi.net/press/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/mk7-np2...
Confirmation that there are more characters

Darn it!!! I was hoping a Warioware character or Pauline makes it to the game... oh well.
The honey queen looks very interesting, though!

3ds Friend Code:2750-1265-7821
Currently Playing- A Boy & His Blob, Pikmin, NSMBWii
Pichu ftw!
...I have quite a boring sig!

BenAV

Yeah, the community feature is a really good thing in that way.
When the hackers eventually take over the game at least you'll be able to play within your communities without having to worry about them.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

komicturtle

I don't think you'll have to worry to much about hackers considering 3DS is on tight security, at least, it seems and definitely more than Wii. The people behind Homebrew (Team Twiizers) could not even totally "break" into DSi even. Imagine 3DS.

Also, Lucky 7? Need to read on that.

komicturtle

SamuraiShyGuy

Adam wrote:

Regarding the Mii: Maybe Nintendo, too, would like to forget MKW is a thing that happened.

Why would Nintendo want to forget about what is arguably the best Mario Kart game yet. Until Mario Kart 7, at least.

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

shingi_70

This came From Iwata

• firmware update 3DS includes add-on content and an item-based billing system
  • DLC can be purchased straight from a game
  • "Nintendo will also likely next year in some form do this [offer add-on content], in a form that would receive support from the customers."
  • third parties are ready to take advantage of these services early next year
  • Nintendo does not have plans to offer item-transaction games similar to the kind found on social networks

So could this be a hint of what's too come in mario kart.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Adam

It was a joke. Obviously from the comment, I don't like MKW.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

SamuraiShyGuy

Adam wrote:

It was a joke. Obviously from the comment, I don't like MKW.

I know. I was just saying I think it's arguably the best.

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Adam

That doesn't really say anything. You can argue that any one of them is the best.

Come on, friends,

TheKingOfTown

Scicri wrote:

MK7 wrote:

http://www.pidgi.net/press/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/mk7-np2...
Confirmation that there are more characters

Darn it!!! I was hoping a Warioware character or Pauline makes it to the game... oh well.
The honey queen looks very interesting, though!

I think he was saying that there is still a chance of more characters coming.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

SamuraiShyGuy

Well, you haven't heard my argument, so you don't know how good it is compared to other arguments.

Adam

I already know the most important thing I need to know about your argument: It's not mine. Game set match, MKDS is officially the bestest ever.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

SamuraiShyGuy

Adam wrote:

I already know the most important thing I need to know about your argument: It's not mine. Game set match, MKDS is officially the bestest ever.

lol, I know this is silly, (and kind of off topic) but my best argument for MKWii over MKDS is that MKWii has MUCH better online and snaking was removed in MKWii. If you just look at how much it improved in that one very important aspect, I give the nod to MKWii. And don't get me wrong, I am a huge fan of MKDS.

Adam

I don't see where "argument" enters the picture, it's just an opinion. Everyone will have different favorites (except of course those who correctly acknowledge MKDS as the best one).

Online connectivity is great, but it doesn't make or break the "game" (I think of the game as the actual races, not the methods you use to connect with others). Snaking is not bad. It's fun. You can still snake in MKW

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

SamuraiShyGuy

Adam wrote:

I don't see where "argument" enters the picture. Online connectivity is great, but it doesn't make or break the "game." Snaking is not bad. It's fun. You can still snake in MKW.

Well, it makes or breaks it for me, since my best friend doesn't live close. Let's find something to agree on. I think Mario Kart 7 looks better than both MKWii and MKDS. Agree?

warioswoods

Adam wrote:

I never had a problem with bikes. I was probably better with a bike. Karts are more fun though. When it comes to straightaways, wheelies are not as exciting as snaking.

Oh no, I hope you're not a snaking advocate. Snaking could have been the nail in coffin for Mario Kart had they not realized their grave mistake and corrected it in MKWii. I'd say that its presence makes the online play in MKDS almost broken, which is why I'd never put that game at the top.

Of course, Double Dash couldn't be ousted from its top spot even if the online play in MKDS was perfect, but I'd also put MKWii above DS due in part to that problem. Also, bikes are awesome, and the motion steering increased the fun factor by roughly 245% according to latest calculations.

The one game Nintendo should pretend never happened is MK64. We can probably agree on at least that.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

Adam

I think it looks better than MKW, hahaha. Potential to be better than MKDS is certainly there.

I just edited the post above me to explain better what I meant about online. When I talk about the "game," I talk about the actual contest, to use another word. Not the connectivity features. For instance, if you took MKW's online out, it would still be the same game, to use the term more precisely.

Come on, friends,

LzWinky

warioswoods wrote:

The one game Nintendo should pretend never happened is MK64. We can probably agree on at least that.

Yup, that game looks terrible now

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

SamuraiShyGuy

Adam wrote:

I think it looks better than MKW, hahaha. Potential to be better than MKDS is certainly there.

I just edited the post above me to explain better what I meant about online. When I talk about the "game," I talk about the actual contest, to use another word. Not the connectivity features. For instance, if you took MKW's online out, it would still be the same game, to use the term more precisely.

Oh, I see. If you took online out you would be removing MK Wii's best feature (and it certainly wouldn't be the same game to me). I guess we were comparing apples to oranges. Your method gives more of a chance to earlier Mario Karts I guess.

Edited on by SamuraiShyGuy

Adam

You do know you could snake in both Double Dash and MKW, don't you?

How is it broken if everyone can do it? It is just a more efficient way of racing, another skill to practice. I don't understand all the hate.

Come on, friends,

Joeynator3000

I could only do it on big open roads...then again I usually don't bother much, lol
To me it's just a skill...

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic