3DS Forum

Topic: Mario kart 7 Discussion

Showing 1,061 to 1,080 of 3,465

AuthorMessage

Tare

1,061. Posted:

Adam wrote:

Haha, it's Rainbow Road — it isn't supposed to be relaxing! You're supposed to be constantly cursing the game and all who made it, at least until you've memorized the course, at which point the designers are geniuses worthy of nothing but praise.

I'm curious how the DS one can bore anyone. You have several loops, no walls, and constant speed boosts that can throw you off the side if you don't have yourself aimed well. Whether you like it or not is one thing, but I don't see how it could possibly be consider "boring," personally. It's constant excitement, whether that excitement is positive (weee, I barely stayed on the track!) or negative (&#)&! you, who put that speed boost there!).

I like to expect the final track of a game to be hard like the final boss for any other kind of game should be, and the N64 one was the only one I didn't feel delivered since the whole thing has walls and most of the time there really isn't anything going on. There are far more hazardous tracks even in earlier cups.

You know what would mkae the 64 RBR better? Remove the fences, and witness the carnage that follows.

Thaaaaaanks for noticin' me.

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

1,062. Posted:

.....Why do the Chain Chomps bark like dogs anyway? lol

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Punny

1,063. Posted:

SPOILERS!!!!! NEW CHARACTERS!!!!!

According to the latest issue of Nintendo Power, two new characters will be joining Metal Mario and Lakitu. They are Wiggler (you know, the catterpillar) and the Honey Queen (the queen bee from Super Mario Galaxy). Pretty odd choices if you ask me...

Edited on by Punny

I'm back (for the moment)!

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

1,064. Posted:

PunnyGuy wrote:

According to the latest issue of Nintendo Power, two new characters will be joining Metal Mario and Lakitu. They are Wiggler (you know, the catterpillar) and the Honey Queen (the gueen bee form Super Mario Galaxy). Pretty odd choices if you ask me...

Wiggler is okay, but the Queen Bee was only in a couple of Galaxy missions; hardly enough to become a MK character. Odd. Plus, isn't she like, huge?

Edited on by TeeJay

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage

Punny

1,065. Posted:

TeeJay wrote:

PunnyGuy wrote:

According to the latest issue of Nintendo Power, two new characters will be joining Metal Mario and Lakitu. They are Wiggler (you know, the catterpillar) and the Honey Queen (the gueen bee form Super Mario Galaxy). Pretty odd choices if you ask me...

Wiggler is okay, but the Queen Bee was only in a couple of Galaxy mission; hardly enough to become a MK character. Odd. Plus, isn't she like, huge?

She was resized. She lost A LOT of weight since Super Mario Galaxy 2. Why do I have a feeling that she will be the new Petey Piranha?

I also found out the purpose of the Number 7 item! (MORE SPOILERS!!!) It is called the "Lucky 7" and grants racers the powers of the Green Shell, Red Shell, Banana Peel, Mushroom, Blooper, Star, and Bob-omb ALL AT ONCE. It's very rare, but I'm concerned that it will be cheap like the Spiny Shell was in past games.

Also, please forgive my awful spelling mistakes. :D

Edited on by Punny

AuthorMessage

pikku

1,066. Posted:

Well, Bowser was also pretty huge compared to Mario in the Galaxy games, and he was resized to look more friendly/able to ride a kart in the MarioKart games. (Mario Party games too, but I'll save that discussion for the inevitable MP9 thread ;)) So do you think that perhaps she'll make an appearance in SM3DL? It almost goes without saying that Wiggler will be in it, so I think she might be.

@teejay lol also Wiggler is ridiculously long, so they'll have to resize him too :P

Edited on by pikku

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

AuthorMessage

Pogocoop

1,067. Posted:

PunnyGuy wrote:

I also found out the purpose of the Number 7 item! (MORE SPOILERS!!!) It is called the "Lucky 7" and grants racers the powers of the Green Shell, Red Shell, Banana Peel, Mushroom, Blooper, Star, and Bob-omb ALL AT ONCE.

0_0 Mind=Blown
That sound insane. Just Soo insane, I want this game even more now.

3DS FC: 0774-4269-5253Name:Tony

Nintendo network ID : Pogocoop

Obsesive Vocaloid fan.

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

1,068. Posted:

...Wiiggler? Seriously?...I can't see that thing driving a kart. o_0 lol

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD

AuthorMessage

Punny

1,069. Posted:

Here's some proof, in case any of you think I'm nuts:

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

AuthorMessage

Punny

1,070. Posted:

Eureka wrote:

...Wiiggler? Seriously?...I can't see that thing driving a kart. o_0 lol

I see what you mean. After all, Maple Treeway is a course in this game, with other much larger Wigglers.

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

1,071. Posted:

I still can't see Wiggler DRIVING! XD
So like, are they cutting off the rest of his body or something? lol

Edited on by Xiao_Pai

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

1,072. Posted:

Wiggler and the Queen bee? Those are odd choices. I'm still hoping for characters from the Warioware series or Wario platformers.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

1,073. Posted:

PunnyGuy wrote:

I also found out the purpose of the Number 7 item! (MORE SPOILERS!!!) It is called the "Lucky 7" and grants racers the powers of the Green Shell, Red Shell, Banana Peel, Mushroom, Blooper, Star, and Bob-omb ALL AT ONCE. It's very rare, but I'm concerned that it will be cheap like the Spiny Shell was in past games.

Also, please forgive my awful spelling mistakes. :D

Lol, that's not spoilers; we've known that for a long time now.

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage

pikku

1,074. Posted:

Eh, it doesn't matter. People would complain if he didn't put it, and people complain if he does put it. :P

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

AuthorMessage

Simmer_E

1,075. Posted:

I can see my self being a real wiggler player!
Did that come out wrong?

Simmer_E

Nintendo Network ID: Simmer_E | Twitter: Simmer_E

AuthorMessage

SamuraiShyGuy

1,076. Posted:

Man, I've been waiting for the next Nintendo Power because I knew it would have a sweet MK7 article (and Skyward Sword review hopefully). Too bad I haven't got mine yet. Weird character choices though. Two bugs.

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

AuthorMessage

TLink9

1,077. Posted:

All I want is King Boo and Toad. As for the lucky 7 thing how do we know which item we are using (If a guy is 1st place and I am in second I don't want to launch blooper, I want to launch a red shell.)?

That is TLinkerbell to you!
[17:17] theblackdragon: considering i have neither an xbox nor a ps3 :3
[17:17] Corbie: Nintendo fangirl alert!!!!
[17:17] James Newton: Uh oh
The James Newton show!
GoldenEyeFC:318406336572
3DS FC: 3308-4551-3937

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,078. Posted:

When does the new NP hit store shelves?

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

1,079. Posted:

Those are two completely unexpected characters. I would've preferred Hammer Bro. and Lubba, but I don't work for Nintendo. I'll have to see Wiggler and Queen Bee in action when the next video comes. My Nintendo Power should be coming next week.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan
Donkey Kong- King of the Jungle

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

SamuraiShyGuy

1,080. Posted:

TLink9 wrote:

All I want is King Boo and Toad. As for the lucky 7 thing how do we know which item we are using (If a guy is 1st place and I am in second I don't want to launch blooper, I want to launch a red shell.)?

I've been wondering about that as well. There better be some way to choose what you are shooting.

BTW, the Super Mario Wiki hasn't even updated the two new characters yet, so this news is fresh off the printing press.

Edited on by SamuraiShyGuy

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!