3DS Forum

Topic: MAJOR price drop: $169.99

Showing 81 to 85 of 85

AuthorMessage

romulux

81. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

But alas, Nintendo rushed it a bit too soon out of the gates...

i don't think they rushed it, they were intending to release it in 2010 before they pushed it back. they could have pushed back a little more if they needed it. the reason they didn't have any games ready at launch was that they were deliberately avoiding competition with 3rd parties in order to build up a good relationship with developers, but as it turns out without 1st party nintendo games a system doesn't sell. they also got a little greedy with the pricing... just because the hardcore game nerds at e3 loved the system and were willing to pay for it didn't mean average people would rush out and buy it at that price too. those two mistakes together pretty much caused everything.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

AuthorMessage

Dynetheous

82. Posted:

besides, i rather have 20 games that will last me a loooong time compared to 80 dollars. i think ill have more fun with the games anyways so i dont really care about the price drop.

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7199-0087 user name is Jon
Games that i love: Zelda, MH, Golden Sun, Fire emblem
PSN ID: Dynetheous tell me if you want to add me:)
Nintendo Network ID: Dynetheous

AuthorMessage

RoyalBlur

83. Posted:

All those who are selling and trading their 3DS systems are going to be sorry come November and December. I don't know quite how to explain it but Nintendo really and truly is the Disney of the gaming industry. While, Sony supposedly is the 'mature' gaming company that adults are unashamed of it is all of no matter because Nintendo has the 'magic' and you just can't beat that.

Granted, Sony is trying to lighten up and get in on the 'joy factor' card that Nintendo plays so successfully with things like ModNation Racers and LittleBigPlanet but there is something mystical about Mario and friends that Sony still hasn't learned to channel and I wonder if ever they shall?
If there was only one thing that I could keep in the way of electronics and everything else had to be taken I'd give up my Sony products and stick with my Nintendo 3DS. I had far more enjoyment out of my DSi compared to my PSP. My PSP is basically a dust collector for the most part. I like my PSP for watching Voltron and playing Daxter and Ratchet and Clank but nothing beats the prospects of playing Mario in 3D!

Edited on by RoyalBlur

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

AuthorMessage

Dynetheous

84. Posted:

i just really hope nintendo will have monster hunter on the 3ds other wise i might end up getting a psvita just for that game, but nintendo is still my number 1! monster hunter comes at a very close 2nd

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7199-0087 user name is Jon
Games that i love: Zelda, MH, Golden Sun, Fire emblem
PSN ID: Dynetheous tell me if you want to add me:)
Nintendo Network ID: Dynetheous

AuthorMessage

Terave

85. Posted:

A few of those games I haven't played, like Metroid and Mario Kart Super Circuit. Besides, what is money if you can't spend it on anything? You can keep it for a long time, but why should you? Money is nothing if you never do anything with it. Spend it. Spend every single pence/euro/dollar from that 80 bucks.

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496