3DS Forum

Topic: MAJOR price drop: $169.99

Showing 61 to 80 of 85

AuthorMessage

Apollo

61. Posted:

Akatsuki wrote:

assuming each game is 5$, we're getting 100$ in free gameboy/nes games. Whoever buys their 3DS before august 11th gets the better end of the deal.

IF you're interested in ALL the games they're giving you. Basically what they've done is milk the hardcore market for all they were worth by overpricing the system initially and by holding back some great games so we would buy a bunch of games we wouldn't have bought if there were good alternatives, and then to start releasing the good alternatives so now naturally we still buy those. The free games are nice but Nintendo really dropped the ball here. They actually should be giving more to the "ambassadors". I have $40 invested in the e-shop that I have not spent yet. That's going to sit there for a really long time if I'm being given 20 free games. I don't know, maybe I called them and try and get that refunded.

Edited on by Apollo

Apollo

AuthorMessage

Samholy

62. Posted:

i was mad at first. felt...ripped off.
then all those games that worth more than the price drop, for titles i would have mostly bought or drooled in rage because i couldnt afford them all...
now i find it awesome ! its a good thing i got it on day one, nintendo offers us some great compensation. and i feel they wont give only this for the ambassador title. i dont get my hopes high, but still have some in spare.

i really hope that price drop will encourage developpers and indie creators to pull ou their art on the 3DS.

but i must admit, 169.99 feels more like what its really worth. maybe a little lower. i would have seen it 185$ without finding it a ripoff.

currently playing:
Final Fantasy IV DS
Ratchet and clank All4One
3DS : Sam : 3050-7590-3005

AuthorMessage

Apollo

63. Posted:

They're frightened to death of the Vita.

Apollo

AuthorMessage

iphys

64. Posted:

Lol, I'm trying to peer pressure everyone I know into doing the Best Buy price protection scheme. It really is a super deal.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

AuthorMessage

bonesy91

65. Posted:

I'm starting to wonder if this wasn't already a back up plan for if the 3DS didn't sell well enough.

think about it: Nintendo decides to price their new system High up there to see if it sells in a market today for $250.00. If the Said price did not sell well into the 4th quarter of this year, drop the price early but offer a bonus program to those who purchased early. (and being mainly Nintendo games they are offering, they don't lose a penny doing that)

just a theory.

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

AuthorMessage

Samholy

66. Posted:

bonesy91 wrote:

I'm starting to wonder if this wasn't already a back up plan for if the 3DS didn't sell well enough.

think about it: Nintendo decides to price their new system High up there to see if it sells in a market today for $250.00. If the Said price did not sell well into the 4th quarter of this year, drop the price early but offer a bonus program to those who purchased early. (and being mainly Nintendo games they are offering, they don't lose a penny doing that)

just a theory.

i think youre pretty close to it hahaha
always have a strong backup plan, thats what any big company has, and should. its an essential thing, there is nothing crook in there. Just business safety to ensure it wont fall making thousands of people out of work at the same time.
but still, it was over priced.

and like apollo said, we need something more than those 20 games as ambassadors. we proved we were willing to follow nintendo even if overpriced. We need other benefits during the following years. those 20 games already been milked years before, and a single programmer can code these to be good on another system without too much work. look at the emulation community, they do it mostly for free ! at home, without a salary.
you pay one or 2 guys (or gals :-p) to adapt the codes of 40 games, then sell them millions of time. talk about major profits.
yeah, those game are worth more than 100$ on the eshop, but they arent really worth all that much if you look at the work behind them.
its not like they need to convert something made outside for your homebrew system. theyre all nintendo titles originally...

currently playing:
Final Fantasy IV DS
Ratchet and clank All4One
3DS : Sam : 3050-7590-3005

AuthorMessage

Hardy83

67. Posted:

Nintendo is NOT frightened by the Vita. If they are frightened of anything it's Apple or smartphones in general.
What most likely REALLY scared them was when their business execs took a gander at their profit margins for the first quarter of the fiscal year.

They most likely cried and drank a lot after that.

Hardy83

AuthorMessage

pixelman

68. Posted:

They'll get their profits when they start releasing games, lol. They screwed up on the initial price and release date, but that was only because the hype for the system was ridiculous and they wanted it out the door ASAP. Sales will pick up when the Mario games hit this holiday.

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

69. Posted:

Will Sony take the risk and drop Vita's price to $200? I'd laugh if that happened.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

70. Posted:

komicturtle92 wrote:

Will Sony take the risk and drop Vita's price to $200? I'd laugh if that happened.

That'd seem like a dumb decision. But hey, I wouldn't mind. :]

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

irken004

71. Posted:

komicturtle92 wrote:

It would be nice though :D

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

72. Posted:

Eventually... $1 dollar handhelds.... 8)

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

73. Posted:

Hell, I'd be tempted to drop $200, but I'll hold back :3

Plus, I want the 3G version but I'll wait for a slimmer version with potentially better battery life.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

Apollo

74. Posted:

Here's another question. How is pricing on regular DS handhelds affected by this?

Edited on by Apollo

Apollo

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

75. Posted:

Also: We're actually getting $150 worth of free games. Because I'm assuming GBA games would be priced $10 a piece (maybe 12 for some).

Worth it. totally worth it. I'm getting $80 plus $70 extra :3

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

Moco_Loco

76. Posted:

@Apollo: Current plans have the DS systems staying at the same price. Probably wise, since otherwise even more people would keep buying a DS and not a 3DS. With the similar pricing (other than the Lite), the 3DS becomes the best value.

Moco Loco
If you find yourself spiritually drifting (as I was for far too many years), remember that Jesus can and will walk across the water to reach you and bring you back to shore.

AuthorMessage

Birdman

77. Posted:

You know, the people with price protection policies aren't incredibly stupid. I'm sure there are some people working at places like BestBuy that offer these programs that are reading this and going, "Time to edit the fine print." Just a theory, whether they choose to act on this information or not is up to them, I guess.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

78. Posted:

Anyone notice that Amazon is pretty much selling the 3DS as if it's a new console?

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-3DS-Cosmo-Black/dp/B002I08Y4Y/...

Must be to compete with other retailers. It's kinda weird though.. As if the 3DS is launching for the first time... Or second time :P

You can pre-order it now.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

79. Posted:

The 3DS should of been sold for $169 from the beginning, the eShop should of been in full force with downloadable GB/GBC games, and 'Super Mario 3D Land' should of been thee' launch title.

If this were the case, next to NOBODY would be harping on the 3DS and it would of made much more of a killing and impact in the sales department. B-)

But alas, Nintendo rushed it a bit too soon out of the gates...

Edited on by WaveyChristmas

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

R-L-A-George

80. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

$80!?
I feel ripped off.

We are getting 20 games, that may be worth around $80.

Pokemon Black: 2150 8208 3279 Soul Silver: 3094 9507 1275 Platinum: 0044 9189 6528

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1459-7893 | Nintendo Network ID: Osaka7524 | Twitter: R_L_A_G67252