Forums

Topic: Harvest Moon: Skytree Village

Posts 101 to 120 of 143

Kristaok

I love SV but I had to take a break, I beat the main storyline but the ore requirements for upgrading and how mutations are so hard I gave up for now and went to SoS and RF4, who knows I may go back later on when I'm less stressed out.

Kristaok

Freelance

Only if you're demolishing stone. The areas I'm working on are on soil so I'm good to go. I stopped my big project for now though to work on my orchard since it's more important. I'm also expanding that waterfall I made.

Freelance

Eel

Yeah, it's just that the area I'd like to change is the entrance to the farm... Which happens to be where most of the stone is.

I already did shave it a bit and made it possible to visit Gorgan with some jumps.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Freelance

Oh yeah, I'd have to clear that eventually, but I didn't do anything yet because my hammer is pitiful and takes forever just to break ONE friggin' stone. I haven't decided what to do with that area yet though. I'd probably end up turning it into an area for my livestock (barn, coop).

Freelance

ollietaro

Does anyone else think selling 30/50 mutations to unlock the seeds is a bit much?

ollietaro

Freelance

Yes it's terrible, especially when your tools suck. They fixed that though with Skytree.

Do you guys ever get awesome terraforming ideas as you wander around your valley? I do all the time. I see a spot and think to myself that it'd be a great idea for so and so, even when I never thought about this great idea before. I'm already plowing through a new project, haha. It's looking great so far. Will post pics whenever I feel like it.

Freelance

Freelance

Okay here's some work in progress pics I'd like to share with you.

This is a screenshot of my high elevation pond at the northeast corner of the map. Naturally I had to turn it into a waterfall because waterfalls are awesome. My (future) orchard will be below the falls.

Untitled

This is what the pond looks like from atop the falls, perfect to get those high elevation fish.

Untitled

This is my high elevation pond from a distance, so you can see roughly how far away it is from the Harvest Goddess Springs/mine falls.

Untitled

I am working on farmland now beside the pond at different elevations. I think it would look pretty cool when I've finished my project. I will probably expand the falls to run along the cliff not only to make my valley look really cool, but to provide water to the ground for my crops. I think the valley would end up looking a lot cooler than in TLV, amazing as it sounds.

Freelance

Eel

Looking good!

I beat the story yesterday. It pains me to think that now I'll have storms... But I hope I I'll unlock the better hammer soon.

Bloop.

Freelance

You guys ready for my next update??? Remember, this is still a WiP.

Here's an update on the farmland I'm working on beside the high elevation pond:

Untitled

This is what it looks like from above the pond:

Untitled

This is from the bottom looking up:

Untitled

I went to Miiverse to see what other people have done with their valleys, but sadly nobody posts screenshots of anything except story events, fishing, babies, people, etc. I remember in TLV where people posted lots of screenshots of their terraforming work, but I guess nobody wants to bother to do that this time around.

Freelance

Eel

I guess these photos will start coming up after more people beat the game.

I have been playing this on my 2ds, under a different NNID, so I don't really like to post photos that may give away my secret identity 👽

Bloop.

Freelance

What secret identity? o.o

Some of these pics are from people who already beat the game They're talking about their husbands, wives and babies.

Freelance

ollietaro

@Freelance Wow, just wow. Question: In order to raise the water level, would I have to literally carve a river from the Harvest Goddess' waterfalls all the way to my usual crops area?

ollietaro

Freelance

@ollietaro Yes. You need to lead the water elsewhere by building channels/rivers leading from another body of water. Also yes, if you want a high level water area, you have to lead it from the HG's spring.

Edited on by Freelance

Freelance

Eel

Yup, it is definitely a bit of a pain.

In other news, yay I got the better hammer!

I may take winter off from mutating crops just to flatten out the canyon.

Bloop.

Freelance

How did you get the better hammer? I think I got the first upgrade where I can smash big rocks but nothing after that.

P.S. I think you 'liked' my post in FB. The guy has the same avatar as you so it can't be a coincidence.

Edited on by Freelance

Freelance

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.