Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem: Fates

Posts 1,021 to 1,040 of 2,517

GamecubeMan

I mean.... I guess if someone has a 3DS and a PS4 and they are a big street fighter fan.... I can see that making Fire Emblem lose sales because they would buy SFV first and gaming is not cheap...

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

Yoshi

arronishere wrote:

Socar wrote:

@arronishere: Yeah...my mistake. It needs to sell 2 million.

WHERE ARE YOU GETTING THESE NUMBERS FROM?

Where he gets all his other "information".

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Socar

@GamecubeMan: Exactly my point. Not to mention that many gamers have the mindset that they need both games to enjoy the entire experience when its proven otherwise.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

CaviarMeths

arronishere wrote:

Socar wrote:

Awakening's worldwide sales as of December 2014 were 1.79 million. Those are Nintendo's own official numbers. I'm assuming that's combined digital + physical.

Crazy to think about how Fire Emblem is probably a bigger IP than Metroid now. Definitely bigger than Star Fox and F-Zero.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

kkslider5552000

SpookyMeths wrote:

Crazy to think about how Fire Emblem is probably a bigger IP than Metroid now. Definitely bigger than Star Fox and F-Zero.

you're not wrong but

It has still not beaten even the GCN ver. of Prime 1 alone, so I have at least that. But Metroid is the best and needs more love.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

jump

Socar wrote:

@GamecubeMan: Exactly my point. Not to mention that many gamers have the mindset that they need both games to enjoy the entire experience when its proven otherwise.

You don't have a point other than you're looking for a reason to get your knickers in a twist because you ♡ Nintendo too much.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jump

SpookyMeths wrote:

arronishere wrote:

Socar wrote:

Awakening's worldwide sales as of December 2014 were 1.79 million. Those are Nintendo's own official numbers. I'm assuming that's combined digital + physical.

I'm not not seeing where or why it needs to sell 2 million or the franchise is dead forever as according to arwark/socar/whatever if they previous game sold less and was by far the biggest success of te franchise.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

CaviarMeths

arronishere wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

arronishere wrote:

Socar wrote:

arronishere: Yeah...my mistake. It needs to sell 2 million.

I'm not not seeing where or why it needs to sell 2 million or the franchise is dead forever as according to arwark/socar/whatever if they previous game sold less and was by far the biggest success of te franchise.

Oh. I kinda stopped reading Artwark posts for my own sanity, so I assumed he was just talking about how much Fates needed to sell to surpass Awakening.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

GamecubeMan

arronishere wrote:

Socar wrote:

You don't have a point other than you're looking for a reason to get your knickers in a twist because you ♡ Nintendo too much.

Its basic economics. Consumer has limited resources. Cant buy two things at a time. Substitute product. And also I do love Nintendo too much for me to argue against them <3

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
My

LzWinky

Consumer can pay $60 for a XBone, Wii U, or PS4 game but can't spend $60 for two 3DS games? Kay

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

jump

GamecubeMan wrote:

arronishere wrote:

Socar wrote:

Its basic economics. Consumer has limited resources. Cant buy two things at a time. Substitute product. And also I do love Nintendo too much for me to argue against them <3

No, poor people can't buy two things at a time. Consumers buy loads of rubbish all the time, for example I today spent money on a jacket for myself, a new game, a punching bag and treated my family to a meal...F-you starving African kids.

The whole thing of IF someone has both consoles and IF they like both series and IF they don't have enough money is too many ifs to make a compelling arguement for Fire Emblem is now doomed and will canned forever because Street Fighter will probably be at the top of the games chart, even then it's not a given SF will be top of the charts since it's not the 90s anymore when SF was a MEGA franchise.

Nicolai wrote:

yokokazuo

@JaegarBombastic most Fire Emblem games (including Fates) aren't directly tied to other games in the series so you don't have to play other games to understand it. There may be some slight nods to other games, but nothing major for the most part.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Ralizah

@JaegarBombastic: You won't miss anything by getting directly into Fates.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

REALLYFEELINIT

@JaegarBombastic: Without diving too deeply into any potential spoilers, I have heard that some mid-to-late game characters that can be recruited in Fates are very clearly descendants of characters from Awakening. I'm not sure how that would keep you from fully enjoying the game though.

REALLYFEELINIT

GamecubeMan

So is this technically the most recent Fire Emblem chronologically in actual history? Have all the other 14 games taken place in the Middle ages?

Edited on by GamecubeMan

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
My

jump

The Nintendo UK site now allows you to register your intrest in Fates, fingers crossed that's a sign a release date is to be announced soon.

Nicolai wrote:

Shinion

@arronishere: thanks for the heads up, I'm going to do so now so I don't miss out on that Special Edition, I absolutely don't want that to happen. Thanks again!

Shinion

LzWinky

GamecubeMan wrote:

So is this technically the most recent Fire Emblem chronologically in actual history? Have all the other 14 games taken place in the Middle ages?

Erm, is this a trick question?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.