Forums

Topic: Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan

Posts 201 to 220 of 875

Spoony_Tech

CanisWolfred wrote:

slidecage wrote:

part 3 was a major pain in the ass grind fest....

Love to see DLC for this game but highly doubt we will ever see any

WUT??? on both counts. First off, how was Part 3 any more grindy than the first two? It did a lot of things to significantly lower difficulty and need to grind. Yes it was still there, but good G-d, Part 1 was by far the worst offender in terms of grinding. If you can make it through that, the other parts should seem like a breeze.
And secondly, the QR Codes act as free dlc. Some websites even have exclusive quests.

First of all thanks for the link.

As for the first game I could never go back and play that again. To tedious and no strafing really kill it after you've experienced Anything after it. Three was streamlined to where you could even get experience on your sideline characters. So far I don't see that option on this one.

@Morphtroid Yeah that whole dungeon was easy. Good for experience and some loot!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MERG

What dungeon has the little deer?

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

Spoony_Tech

The one that was inaccessible in the demo. The one closest to the main one!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MERG

DOH! Now I gotcha.

Eel

The one being guarded by the bounding beasts on the other hand.... Even on casual, the monsters are pretty resilient.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Spoony_Tech

Morphtroid wrote:

The one being guarded by the bounding beasts on the other hand.... Even on casual, the monsters are pretty resilient.

Yeah I stepped into there just to see what I was dealing with. Definitely couldn't make it to far in there just yet. Need better equipment.

Btw would you like to trade friend codes. If so mine's in my signature.

MERG said:

MERG

This game is soooo addicting.

With forging...once you forge an item is that it? A hammer has one use only?

Spoony_Tech

No. I think once you get that hammer you can use it all the time. However you still need the right items to forge on certain weapons. You can even remove them if they didn't come pre attached I believe. Forging was in the last game you know right?

MERG said:

Eel

@Tech: Sure!

About hammers, I have used only one only once, but it didn't disappear after that, so I guess you can keep using them. And it seems you can "overwrite" them too.

About the dungeon, SPOILERY content ahead, Oh my gosh I was so happy when I defeated the red bear but wow, I never thought he could be just a mook! The real boss looks awesomely strong.

Bloop.

Spoony_Tech

Thanks for the add Morphtroid.

I just received another email from Atlus this time containing 3 qr codes for special items! Sweet. Keep um coming.

MERG said:

Eel

I received them too I think I'll save them for later though.

SPOILER
Just defeated the red beast, awesome music theme! Reaching him from behind helped a lot.

Bloop.

Spoony_Tech

oninowon wrote:

hey guys, just wanted to share sites I found with a lot of items, a couple quests, and a guild card you can download via QR code:

http://suraph.hubpages.com/hub/Etrian-Odyssey-IV-Legends-of-t...

http://fbcdn-photos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/382280_101...

http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q1-2013/022613c.html

enjoy!

Sweet thanks!

MERG said:

MERG

Tech101 wrote:

Forging was in the last game you know right?

Tech...I can barely remember what happened last week...

slidecage

CanisWolfred wrote:

Just wanted to pop in and let everyone know that Atlus didn't send out review copies until this past Friday, so reviews won't be up anywhere for a long while: http://www.destructoid.com/bear-with-us-etrian-odyssey-iv-rev...

slidecage wrote:

WUT??? on both counts. First off, how was Part 3 any more grindy than the first two? It did a lot of things to significantly lower difficulty and need to grind. Yes it was still there, but good G-d, Part 1 was by far the worst offender in terms of grinding. If you can make it through that, the other parts should seem like a breeze.

And secondly, the QR Codes act as free dlc. Some websites even have exclusive quests.

must just be me then or i just didnt care for 2 and 3... I thought one was easy and was the only one i ever beat...

slidecage

Spoony_Tech

slidecage wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Just wanted to pop in and let everyone know that Atlus didn't send out review copies until this past Friday, so reviews won't be up anywhere for a long while: http://www.destructoid.com/bear-with-us-etrian-odyssey-iv-rev...

slidecage wrote:

must just be me then or i just didnt care for 2 and 3... I thought one was easy and was the only one i ever beat...

I thought it wasn't to bad to beat until you get past floor 25. Here's my question. Did you get all the way to the real boss on level 30. Most people don't realize there was another 5 floors behind the end boss. Those were to this day the hardest levels in any video game I've ever done. The final boss was so ridiculously hard I had to look up online how to defeat him. I would've never figured that out on my own as it was the craziest set of commands I've seen for an end boss I've ever seen.

MERG said:

Spoony_Tech

I'm going to have to get to playing for two of those quests I'm not far enough to unlock yet! Thanks again for the additional quest caniswolfered.

MERG said:

Spoony_Tech

Morphtroid wrote:

So, here's my guild card!
It comes with the treasure "Sharp Lands" and my main character at level 19.

Untitled

How do you post these qr codes?

MERG said:

Sorry, this topic has been locked.