Forums

Topic: Do you think the 3DS's graphics are good enough?

Posts 101 to 120 of 121

CM30

Of course the graphics are good enough. The likes of Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon kind of prove that, and Mario & Luigi Dream Team shows how well sprites can be done on the system.

As a result, I see nothing wrong with the system's graphical capabilities.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

CroRock

I really don't care for graphics on any sistem if game keeps me interested and it's fun to play. Every game I own for my 3DS is exactly that. So ye, it's good enough if you ask me. And like CM30 said.. graphics in Mario & Luigi Dream Team are very nice, especially if you play in 3D. So as in Fire Emblem Awakening and Zelda:LBW

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

iamthezenmaster

The graphics are good enough.
Nintendo has always been more about the gameplay to me.

Plus; when a console or handheld is released it takes several years before games are released that realise full potential...

Smash Bros. 3DS,
Diablo 3 season 1,
Dragon Quest 9 DS,

Wii Friend Code: 4227 2156 8355

MAN1AC

They're meh.
I'd love for them to be better but its not like the games are unplayable.

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

SCRAPPER392

Don't worry guys. Better graphics will eventually happen, as long as Nintendo and 3rd party games continue to happen.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

KryptoniteKrunch

Good enough for me. I don't prioritize graphics high at all so it doesn't really matter as long as the game itself is fun. The 3DS does have some graphically impressive games: Re Revelations, Dead or Alive, Dark Moon and Pokemon X/Y are some examples.

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

Auksinis

Graphics are pretty good relatively speaking. I mean its a handheld, dont expect NVIDIA TITAN graphics on it...

Would i like better graphics? Sure... but the problem is the cost of 3ds wouldve been higher, less people wouldve bought it, and less games wouldve been made for it. Personally i think the system is pretty well rounded. (good software library, acceptable battery life, nice 3D effect, pretty good graphics for a handheld, very good controls, great form factor/size and layout)...

Edited on by Auksinis

Auksinis

CM30

Also, I may as well add something.

Graphics on a handheld are always lower, for practical considerations. Remember when the SNES and Nintendo 64 were out and Nintendo was still selling the eight bit Game Boy/Game Boy Color?

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

PrincessSugoi

Depends really. There are good points in Fire Emblem, Rhythm Thief, and Pokemon X where I'm literally blown away by the beauty especially in the cut scenes. Then there are bad points where my eyes are burning from jagged line. The good points outweigh and stick with me more than the bad so I'll say they are good enough.

Edited on by PrincessSugoi

Current Playlist: Age of Calamity, Stardew Valley, ACNH

Hopeless permanent resident of Idol Hell.

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

kereke12

I'm sorry but to be honest in my opinion, graphics aren't everything on Handheld. The 3DS has wonderful graphics. Don't believe me, play Resident Evil: Revelations. I was a bit skeptical on the graphics when the 3DS came out. But when I got it I feel in love with it. So it doesn't matter if the 3DS doesn't do 30fps, 60fps. What matter is the game. Not the graphics.

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Switch Friend Code: sw-4699-3487-8963 | My Nintendo: kereke12 | Nintendo Network ID: Kereke12

mamp

IDK but if ironfall works as amazing as the demo video is making it seem then yes I think the 3DS graphics are good enough.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

rolLTheDice

For the time being they're good enough for a handheld. I don't have a XL though.
A higher resolution might be good for a better 3D effect though, so next time maybe?

rolLTheDice

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

rockodoodle

I'd say they are good enough, tho I think it's starting to look a little dated. Seems like the Game Pad's resolution is higher and the screen is crisper. I'd like t see something along those lines or better in a year or two.

Edited on by rockodoodle

rockodoodle

Hy8ogen

For a handheld portable the 3DS graphics is okay. I don't think graphics is a big deal on portable machines.

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

CheapCheepBeach

It is important to look at PORTS of existing games to truly benchmark the hardware's graphics.

Example 1: Rayman Origins on 3DS has muddled visuals and 30FPS. On the Wii, it runs at a smooth 60FPS with HD assets. Even an Intel GMA and an iPhone 4 can run the UbiArt engine at 60FPS with native resolution.....

Example 2: DKCR 3D: 60fps on Wii, 30 on 3DS
Example 3: Rayman 3D: 60fps Dreamcast and sub-30 on 3DS
Even when viewing games built for the ground up, I find that most have really simple and muddled textures......

CheapCheepBeach

Nintendo Network ID: memoryman3 | Twitter:

CheapCheepBeach

Samurai_Goroh wrote:

I honestly think they are. It sits between the GameCube and the Wii powerwise. I hope that 3DS lasts some 4/5 years more or so, if the general public perception is matched by mine. I just want it to keep getting games.

I'd say in-between Dreamcast and PS2

CheapCheepBeach

CheapCheepBeach

CapnPancakes wrote:

Yes.

And for the record, the 3DS has slightly more processing power than the Wii, but it has a lower native resolution so games aren't really going to look much better. Not that that really matters though. Just look at the DS vs the PSP, that proved that power doesn't really matter as much in the handheld market.

DKC and Rayman among others say otherwise....

CheapCheepBeach

unrandomsam

Don't see why they cannot give the option to choose 3D or 60fps. (It is possible Dead or Alive Dimensions does).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

BSlyTheGamerGuy

The 3DS has fantastic graphics, it keeps things looking great without the need to be too realistic. I love that it has a nice stylized, almost classic, look and feel to the graphics and it keeps things simple and effective. A++ for the games I've played for the unit.

Follow me on Twitter @BSlyTheGamerGuy
http://bslygamerhaven.blogspot.com/ 2/20/14 TEKKEN 2 review for the PLAYSTATION!

Twitter:

KittenKoder

BSlyTheGamerGuy wrote:

The 3DS has fantastic graphics, it keeps things looking great without the need to be too realistic. I love that it has a nice stylized, almost classic, look and feel to the graphics and it keeps things simple and effective. A++ for the games I've played for the unit.

This is a bit off-topic. What you are talking about are what the game devs are responsible for, and I do agree, most of the game devs for the 3DS make them look really nice. As for the graphics, many people don't seem to realize the 3DS itself is capable of more than what the games use, but meh, the games sell enough that no one really cares about maxing it out.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog
NNID: KittenKoder ..... what else would it be?

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.