Update [Mon 9th Jan, 2023 14:15 GMT]: Fastemtem your seatbelts! (Sorry, we wanted to keep that tag line). Temtem's version 1.2.1 patch is now ready to download on Switch.
As promised last week, Crema has released the patch, which looks to bring multiple improvements to the game, including tweaking the idle camera, adding new music, chat in battles, and more!
Here are the full patch notes straight from Crema's website!
Patch 1.2.1, 9th January 2023
- We’ve had to delete all the Showdown codes, except the eSports ones, due to a data conflict. Your teams haven’t been affected, you’ll just need to generate a new code, and, if you were using or posting it somewhere, replace that with the new one.
- Aqua Bullet Hell has accidentally been removed from your Umishi and Ukama, but you’ll have an empty technique slot and ABH will be in your learned techniques, so you can re-learn it immediately. We apologize for the inconveniences!
- We have tweaked the idle battle cameras following the feedback provided by the community:
- In order to reduce motion sickness in some players, we’ve slowed all camera movement to 1/3 of its original movement speed.
- They will also start after 12 seconds of inactivity, as opposed to the previous 5 seconds of threshold. This will make them way less prevalent.
- In the specific case of Koish fishing, we’ve removed most of the camera angles so that only cameras that focus on the Koish patterns appear. We have also developed some new cameras for this activity in particular that will make identifying the patterns and colors easier.
- We know idle cameras have caused issues to some our players. Before we go through with disabling them, which would imply we stop receiving feedback and iterating on the feature, we’d like to give these changes a go to improve the main problems the cameras had. We believe the idle cameras add variety and richness to the game, so we’d rather polish them until everyone is happy than disable them without giving them a chance to be good.
- We have added some performance improvements to the Switch version. These improvements will be a huge help with the current crashes that the console is experiencing. But we’re not done yet, and we will be adding even more performance improvements for it in future patches.
- Tem Renaming Voucher is no longer automatically used when renaming a Temtem. Players will now always have the option to pay the name change with Pansuns instead.
- Players will now be able to use the Fruit Blender with Tems in the Temdeck too, not only the ones in the squad.
- The Fruit Blender will now show how the stats will change based on the TVs selected.
- Showdown Temtem will now always start with their SV value at 50 by default, instead of 1.
- We have added rarity indicators to customization items, like emotes, loading screens, battle intros, battle outros and battle outro music.
- The game will now show the gamepad buttons for each action when you press a modifier (a button that displays a set of hotkeys) in battle.
- We’ve added new notifications for the Trade House: when you sell something, and when an auction ends without the item/Tem selling.
- When you input a maximum quantity in one of the advanced options of the Temdeck and Trade House filters, it will now automatically select 0 as the minimum quantity.
- Added more information to the Victory screen at the end of a Ranked match in the case of winning because the opponent concedes or in the case of tying.
- Added a glowing effect to the claimable items of events, the same effect that is used in the Tamer Pass.
- We’ve made some improvements to entering text in some UIs, so it’s easier to understand if the text is not valid for any reason.
- We’ve made some performance improvements to the game’s UI.
- Dojo Rematches and Archtamers teams have been revisited and modified to match the current meta.
- #009 – Platimous
- SPD has been reduced
- SPD has been reduced
- #088 – Umishi
- Water Blade has been removed from its move pool.
- Now learns Aqua Bullet Hell at level 5.
- #089 – Ukama
- Water Blade has been removed from its move pool.
- Fixed a softlock when a player captures a Temtem and sends it to the squad while being in Co-op.
- Fixed a softlock after skipping the final dialogue with the Stowaway at the mines during the main quest at Tucma.
- Fixed several bugs involving the prison part of the Tucma main quest in Co-op.
- Fixed getting stuck between Lyato and Ige after battling them.
- Fixed players being demoted in ranked even if they’d won the last match.
- Fixed that starter Temtem and Anahir were not correctly counting for the Kudos about capturing all Tems in game.
- Fixed that ranked wins while unraked were counting towards the OP Kudo.
- Fixed players were getting the I’m in Danger Kudo automatically the first time they opened the game.
- Fixed being able to move while having a tutorial on-screen when entering a building.
- Fixed a case where idle battle cameras were being reproduced in the Swap menu during a battle.
- Fixed the titles of this year’s first in-game tournament winners. It will now accurately represent the year of the tournament.
- Fixed Hopeless Tonic’s Doom status condition not lasting 4 turns as it was stated in patch 0.7.3.
- Fixed that Gyalis could learn the technique Footwork twice.
- Fixed seeing a placeholder lock number in the Battle Log in a match against NPCs.
- Fixed that triggering an NPC battle at the Arissolan Dojo in Co-op while the Co-op partner is mid-air would make the partner fly to the player’s position.
- Fixed that the Events menu was not automatically activating if the game was open when the event started.
- Fixed the page indicator of the Events menu that was not working correctly.
- Fixed that Egg Techniques were not displaying the Egg Technique icon in the details of Showdown Temtem.
- Fixed Tempedia “Sort by name” setting was not working correctly at the Tempedia Showdown menu.
- Fixed the incorrect finishing date of the Winterfest event.
- Fixed that the disappearing effect of the Winterfest trees prop would sometimes spawn without texture.
- Fixed completing the “Taking a Photo” Tamer Pass weekly challenge was completing the event quest of the same name.
- Fixed that the player character wouldn’t swap into the Incognito Hood automatically while doing the main quest at Quetzal if the player had a cosmetic set equipped.
- Fixed the Beauty Center’s door appearing in red even if the player could already enter the building.
- Fixed an awkward camera angle happening at the end of some techniques like Oshi-Dashi or Hook Kick.
- Fixed that conceding in any main story battles while an idle battle camera was moving resulted in a weird camera angle at the end of the battle.
- Fixed Local, Global and Trade chat channels not having their name labels translated into any language.
- Fixed that dismissing a Temtem from a Showdown squad would leave invisible empty slots in the squad.
- Fixed that players’ equipped cosmetic sets would change color when hovering over a top or bottom cosmetic in the Customization menu.
- Fixed the icon of the Siege Engine Carrier mount.
- Fixed that some exterior housing items were not showing the rarity in the item portrait.
- Fixed that some interior housing items were not showing the rarity in the item portrait under specific circumstances.
- Fixed Neoedo’s teleport sounds attenuating the instance music.
- Fixed seals not having sound in the Preview windows of the Temtem’s details if they were equipped before its SFX was played in the preview of the Backpack.
- Fixed the offset of some icons inside text.
PC and PS5
- Fixed some buttons of the Showdown UI that were not working when pressing them with the mouse.
Original article [Wed 4th Jan, 2023 12:30 GMT] Last year's Switch port of the Pokémon-like creature catcher/battler Temtem may not have taken the world by storm quite as rapidly as some expected, but it is fair to say that the team at Crema are working hard to consistently bring improvements to the game (thanks, Go Nintendo).
This progressive eye is continuing into the New Year as the developer has announced that a small update will be coming to the game next week (9th January) and will focus on patching some of the problems that arose with the addition of ver.1.2. These problems included issues with the Switch memory and game crashes amongst others, so it is good to see that the team are working on a solution.
While we don't have the full patch notes for this update just yet, the above tweet outlines some of the problems that will be targeted including the aforementioned crashes and edits made to the game's idle camera.
We will be sure to provide you will the full details of this ver.1.2.1 update as soon as the notes are made available in the coming week.
What do you hope to see come to Temtem? Let us know in the comments!
[source twitter.com, via gonintendo.com]
Chiming in with another subheader appreciation post.
"Fastemtem your seatbelts" is a good pun, even its a bit of a stretch. Kudos.
Genuinely curious how big the player base is for this game on switch... I wonder if it's doing well?
They still need to get rid of the chat n trade limitation. Then I might consider getting it. Buying new is too Much, and buying used is worthless If I still need to pay for a ridiculous code to unlock the online community's full features ugh so stupid to paywall that crap. The company that made temtem have single handedly killed the used market for this game.
While the game itself is definitely fun to play (I've been playing on PS5 since full launch), it still doesn't hold a candle to any Pokémon game. The few QoL features that do look like they were regular complaints from Pokémon, are all negated by the incredibly stupid decisions Crema made in their basic designs. Every battle, every path, every adventure isn't as good as it could be and that's what ends up being the most frustrating thing and still makes Pokémon undeniably superior.
Still not enough for me to go back. Temtem goes to show maybe it's not so easy to make a better Pokemon game after all.
@DAHstroy it has cross play with other consoles (can’t remember if PC too, I think so). Last time I played there were LOTS of people running around.
@Coalescence Digimon Story: Cybersleuth is an excellent game. So were the Yo-kai Watch games on the 3DS.
Man the only thing that rivals my initial excitement for this game is how much I absolutely don't care about it now. If they had released the game closer to their announcement I might have bought it.
@DAHstroy The game is packed with people every night. I play very late and tons of peeps running by. I don't have an exact number but people are everywhere in the game
@Travisemo007 I like the game but haven't done any of the pay to win or open up features. I'm very disappointed in the fact that they did that. Pay full price then add phone/mobile features to it. Burns me to no end. But, the game has been very enjoyable regardless of the pay to win crap they have laid out. I'm pretty close to beating the story about 60+ hours. I did hit an amazon sale for 34.99. I think once im done with story though the game will be done for me unless I find the end of the game coop dungeon fun.
Tap here to load 10 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...