The latest Japanese Charts data is in and there are a lot of new entries this week, albeit made up of multiple SKUs for just three games: Tactics Ogre: Reborn, Sonic Frontiers, and God of War: Ragnarok.
Aside from Splatoon 3 (we're almost certain at this point that the only games to knock it off the top spot will be Scarlet and Violet), Tactics Ogre: Reborn on the Swich is the week's biggest success story, selling a total of 36,783 copies. Meanwhile, it seems Sonic fans have not been deterred by Sonic Frontiers' performance issues on the Switch, selling a total of 26,067 copies and putting it comfortably ahead of both the PS5 and PS4 versions.
We're expecting big changes next week, but for now, it's another strong performance for the Switch, despite some hefty competition from Sony's platform.
Here's the full rundown on the software charts for 07/11/2022 - 13/11/2022:
- [NSW] Splatoon 3 (Nintendo, 09/09/22) – 43,781 (3,331,197)
- [NSW] Tactics Ogre: Reborn (Square Enix, 11/11/22) – 36,783 (New)
- [PS5] God of War Ragnarok (SIE, 11/09/22) – 29,377 (New)
- [NSW] Sonic Frontiers (SEGA, 11/08/22) – 26,067 (New)
- [PS4] Tactics Ogre: Reborn (Square Enix, 11/11/22) – 12,668 (New)
- [PS4] God of War Ragnarok (SIE, 11/09/22) – 11,260 (New)
- [PS5] Sonic Frontiers (SEGA, 11/08/22) – 11,111 (New)
- [PS4] Sonic Frontiers (SEGA, 11/08/22) – 9,098 (New)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo, 04/28/17) – 8,025 (4,899,259)
- [PS5] Tactics Ogre: Reborn (Square Enix, 11/11/22) – 7,805 (New)
Looking at the hardware charts for the week, the Switch OLED Model is once again at the top of the pile with an impressive 58,171 units sold. This is no doubt helped along with the recent launch of the Scarlet and Violet Limited Edition model, along with growing excitment for the launch of Gen 9 later this week.
The Switch Lite, meanwhile, has seen a nice boost in sales, coming in at a healthy 25,050, with the OG model justy behind with 14,321. Xbox meanwhile, has seen both its flasgship and budget consoles take an unfortunate hit, with both coming in at fewer than 500 units sold each. Ouch...
- Switch OLED Model – 58,171 (2,981,234)
- PlayStation 5 – 25,665 (1,821,703)
- Switch Lite – 25,050 (4,930,097)
- Switch – 14,321 (18,838,867)
- PlayStation 5 Digital Edition – 3,051 (286,936)
- Xbox Series S – 487 (212,265)
- Xbox Series X – 261 (167,267)
- PlayStation 4 – 138 (7,820,338)
- New 2DS LL (including 2DS) – 32 (1,189,151)
As always, let us know what you think of the latest Japanese charts in the comments!