Well, it looks like there's potentially been another leak for the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass.
Following the recent release of Wave 2, it seems dataminers have been able to identify new courses with the assistance of "music preview files" included within the latest Version 2.1.0 update.
Dataminer OatmealDome went into a bit more detail about it on Twitter:
Nintendo accidentally left many music preview files in the version 2.1.0 update, allowing us to identify multiple unreleased courses!
What is a “music preview file”? Because it may take some time to load a full music file from the ROM, a separate “prefetch” file is created of the first ~1 second which can be loaded into memory in advance. This prefetch is played while the full file is being loaded.
Unfortunately for Nintendo, while they deleted the full songs of unreleased courses from the ROM, they accidentally left some of the prefetch files. (They’re stored in a separate place.)
It’s possible to identify several courses just based on the first ~1s of their music!
– Rock Cup: London Loop (Tour), Peach Gardens (DS), Boo Lake / Broken Pier (GBA), Alpine Pass (3DS)
– Moon Cup: Berlin Byways (Tour), Waluigi Stadium / Wario Colleseum (GCN), Merry Mountains (?), Rainbow Road (3DS)
– Fruit Cup: Amsterdam Drift (Tour), Wii, DS, ?
– Boomerang Cup: Singapore Speedway (Tour), GameCube, GBA, Los Angeles Laps (Tour)
– Feather Cup: Tour, Wii, Sunset Wilds (GBA), Tour
– Cherry Cup: Bangkok Rush (Tour), GameCube, SNES, ?
– Acorn Cup: Vancouver Velocity (Tour), Maple Treeway (Wii), ?, ?
– Spiny Cup: Tour, GameCube, ?, Wii
So, there you go - these tracks could be coming in future waves if this datamine is accurate. Keep in mind though that there's no official confirmation and everything is potentially subject to change between now and the release of these future waves.
How would you feel about the above tracks being featured in the Booster Course Pass? Tell us down below.